meeting family at port in Auckland

matamanoa

My DH and I will be docking in Auckland on Feb. 28, 2018 at 7:00 a.m and we have a cousin coming to the port area to meet us and take us sightseeing for the day. Can anyone tell me where we would be able to first meet up with our family member once we are off the ship? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Barb

Thank you for the above suggestion and I will make a note of it. What I was really asking was how close can my relative come to the ship to meet us. Can she come into the port area, like a taxi would, to pick us up or will she be required to meet with us further from the ship.

Barb

I'm not sure about Queens Wharf but at Princes Wharf she probably would be able to come onto the wharf to pick you up. There is a small parking area between the wharf buildings, just to the left after leaving the cruise terminal, where taxis drop off and private vehicles are allowed there - at least for drop-offs as a friend dropped us there for our last cruise, and I imagine pick-ups would be OK also. I suspect she couldn't wait there too long though.

Thank you for the above suggestion and I will make a note of it. What I was really asking was how close can my relative come to the ship to meet us. Can she come into the port area, like a taxi would, to pick us up or will she be required to meet with us further from the ship.

Barb

both princess and queens wharf can be accessed by pedestrians and taxis, you can get quite close to the ships, only held back about 5 metres or so by fencing at both wharves. Queens has a big port building that you can sit in to meet people coming off the ship before grabbing a taxi which will be waiting for business just outside the building and princess has an undercover walkway which leads to the hilton hotel. If you are at Princess, you could meet them in the lobby bar of the hilton for a coffee and then get a taxi from the hotel.