Need transportation from hotel EWR to Brooklyn cruise terminal

windango

3 of us are flying into EWR and staying at an EWR airport hotel prior to our October cruise. We will need transportation the next day from the hotel to the cruise port. The reviews for Carmelimo and Dial7 on Trip Advisor are awful, with shuttles not showing at all or reservations cancelled at the last moment. Are they really that bad? We need reasonably priced reliable transport to the cruise terminal in Brooklyn on a Saturday mid morning. Any feedback? Suggestions?

Dial7 and Carmellimo are recommended all the time on this board without negative reviews. They are large operations that service EWR all the time.

What hotel are you staying at? Most EWR hotels can get you transportation if you need it.

Priceline Express Deals has a really good price on what is likely the Best Western Plus Newark West, so we're leaning that direction. We don't need anything fancy, just reasonably clean and a place to sleep the night prior to the cruise. I wasn't aware some hotels would help with transportation. I was able to get a quote from Carmelimo for $84 for the trip plus tolls and tips. Dial7 doesn't seem to let you get a quote without making the reservation so I wasn't really able to compare fares.

Be sure to look for online coupons for both companies.

What exact date do you need a room? Why do you think the hotel is the Best Western on Priceline. What does it cost? Sometimes there are really good deals on the airlines' hotel sites and you know exactly which hotel you are getting, which IMO is a serious consideration at EWR.

We only need a hotel for one night, Sept 29th and we need 2 rooms. The hotel amenities and an app I downloaded from the Flyertalk forum point toward the BW Plus but of course we won't know until we book it. All I know for sure is it's a 3 star with free breakfast. Are there hotels you recommend we avoid? From what I've read on this fourm you definitely want to avoid the hotels at JFK but EWR hotels are OK. We're open to suggestions!

Another option would be on lastminutetravel.com to get the Ramada Plaza for $87/night plus tax. It's a little bit more, but they are offering free breakfast and wifi and it's a named hotel. It's also on the north side of the airport with easy access to go east to Brooklyn. I have stayed there and would recommend it.

One thing that bothers me about Priceline is that it doesn't specifically state that the hotel has an airport shuttle. I'm sure it does, but it should be stated.

I'd be happy to consider the Ramada, I've stayed in their hotels before and have enjoyed them. I'm having difficulty on the lastminutetravel.com website finding them, however. In fact it's not giving me any EWR hotels at all. All it's giving me are Manhatten and Brooklyn and I specifically chose EWR. I'm sure it's operator error!