Another Drink Package Question - Meraviglia

Tracejust

We have the Aurea experience that comes with the unlimited drink package. I see that package listed for $31 per day, I want to upgrade to the premium package that includes premium liquor and bottled beer, I see that package listed at $53 per day. I called my travel agent who said I already had unlimited drinks and wasn't understanding and then she reached out to her MSC representative and they told her it wasn't an option and that the ship was full so I couldn't upgrade to Yacht Club and that I would just have to pay for my premium drinks? Can you really not pay the difference of $22 per day and get what you want? Seems that anyone can purchase that package for $53 per day? Is this misinformation or can you really not upgrade your drink package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The questions you posed on your other thread deal with some of this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53442562#post53442562

Perhaps had you re-visited this thread to pose further questions there, you could have acknowledged those who went to the trouble of answering your original question at the same time.

As you can see from the varied responses there still seems to be some discrepancies. Some say no way and others say just pay the difference. I think I am doing my due diligence to get the correct information but MSC continues to be a "different answer" depending on who you ask. Sorry if I inconvenienced anyone.

The person that told my travel agent that it wasn't an option was her MSC contact so I basically was asking do they know what they are talking about? I guess I will just have to wait until I'm on the ship to try. Thanks all

Things are being done differently on Meraviglia to the way MSC usually does things. I was on Meraviglia 3 weeks ago, but in Yacht Club, so drinks package issues didn't arise for me - hence I can't answer this question definitively.

However, I have booked Aurea before and couldn't upgrade the package 'til I embarked. The upgrade price, should they allow it for you, will be in Euros and will cost €24* pppd + 15% service charge.

*Deluxe (premium) package is €50 MINUS basic package, which is what Aurea includes, is valued @ €26 = €24.

The person that told my travel agent that it wasn't an option was her MSC contact so I basically was asking do they know what they are talking about? I guess I will just have to wait until I'm on the ship to try. Thanks all

I am on the Davina in October and I asked the same question of my TA. When she said I couldn't do it without paying the full amount for the Deluxe package, even though the classic package is included in price already, I couldn't quite believe it.! So I wrote direct to MSC and got the same response. You have to pay the full price for the deluxe package there is no upgrade. Quite Bizarre!! That would cost us an extra £550 for the week! Like you I will wait until I am on the ship and see what happens then :confused:

As you can see from the varied responses there still seems to be some discrepancies. Some say no way and others say just pay the difference. I think I am doing my due diligence to get the correct information but MSC continues to be a "different answer" depending on who you ask. Sorry if I inconvenienced anyone.

You didn't inconvenience anyone. I agree that it is both frustrating and confusing. We have the "Mealtime drinks package" on our upcoming cruise (which I now regret booking thanks to the continued ineptitude of MSC) and have asked repeatedly if I can upgrade to a more "anytime" program and no one can answer. Ok, most of the answers are "no" and some are "maybe and wait and see"... and it's very challenging.

So, no, your question was perfectly appropriate.