QV Shower Size Question

Chart Room Princess

We were on the QV for the first time this April for the Panama Canal segment. We were in a Britannia balcony stateroom. My father is tall and found the shower too small. He does fit in the QM2 Britannia showers.

We would like to know if the QV showers in the grills staterooms are larger and more spacious. If anyone has pictures that would be helpful too.

Hi

The showers in Britannia showers are very small with a fixed shower head that I found to be too low.. My impression of grill cabins on QV is that showers are larger but still have the fixed shower head. Hope this helps.

Deck Chair

The Grills shower heads in Q 6,5,4, are in the tubs, but are high enough for a 6 'man to adjust. In the Q 3,2,1s the showers are fountains. Should not be a problem.

The Q5&4s we have stayed in on QV all had a separate shower cubicle with a glass door although I have a niggle at the back of my mind, the 5 on deck 4 had a shower curtain. I might be wrong there. The Q3 has the same set up as the 4s.

Not stayed in a Q1 but the Q2 has a huge double shower, body jets and has a built in shower ledge/seat. All showers were fixed heads apart from the 2, which had the shower head on a flex and could be hand held.

None had showers over the bath.

Hi

The showers in Britannia showers are very small with a fixed shower head that I found to be too low.. My impression of grill cabins on QV is that showers are larger but still have the fixed shower head. Hope this helps.

Deck Chair

Is the height adequate even though the head is fixed?

Is the height adequate even though the head is fixed?

HI

It is barely adequate and I need to bend down to get my head under it...rather awkward. The stall itself is very small with only a tiny shelf for your things. When I sail on QV or QE I always bring a shower caddy to hang over the shower head for the items I need. Pretty pathetic I have to do this on Cunard Line.

Deck Chair

HI

It is barely adequate and I need to bend down to get my head under it...rather awkward. The stall itself is very small with only a tiny shelf for your things. When I sail on QV or QE I always bring a shower caddy to hang over the shower head for the items I need. Pretty pathetic I have to do this on Cunard Line.

Deck Chair

I'm not sure really what you expect. I wouldn't call the shower cubicle very small. I think it's quite adequate. My 6ft husband has never remarked on any awkwardness when using one.

I can't remember what the 5s are like, but the 4s and 3s have a small glass shelf which again, is quite adequate for normal shower accoutrements such as soap, shower gel and hair products.

This is a ship's fairly compact bathroom, not your own at home. For a really large shower cubicle you need the Q2 or Q1.

I'm not sure really what you expect. I wouldn't call the shower cubicle very small. I think it's quite adequate. My 6ft husband has never remarked on any awkwardness when using one.

I can't remember what the 5s are like, but the 4s and 3s have a small glass shelf which again, is quite adequate for normal shower accoutrements such as soap, shower gel and hair products.

This is a ship's fairly compact bathroom, not your own at home. For a really large shower cubicle you need the Q2 or Q1.

Hi

Thanks for your comments.....this is what I expect: I am 6'2", normal body size (Not overweight). I expect a shower stall that you don't have to squeeze into. I expect an adjustable shower head. I expect decent shelving. Even though I am a huge optimist my hopes that these expectations will be met on QE and QV are always dashed!

I have sailed so far 23 times on the QM2, 15 times on the QE2, twice on QE and twice on QV. I have two crossings scheduled in the very near future. The facilities on QM are superior to QE and QV with enough space and an adjustable shower head. For whatever reason Cunard chose to stick taller passengers with fixed shower heads and very small stalls with one tiny shelf in the QE and QV. It must have been to save costs. I don't exactly know what you are referring to with respect to 5s, 4s and 3s. Perhaps you can explain.

I am most pleased QE and QV shower arrangements work for you and your husband. They don't really work for me which is the chief reason I will be likely be choosing the QM2 for my very long winter voyage in January out of New York. Another reason I will likely choose QM2 is that closet and storage space in QM2 Britannia cabins are much superior to those on QE and QV. As you no doubt know, on QV and QE, one has to get down on your hands and knees tp access two drawers under the bed. That doesn't work for me although perhaps it may for you and your husband.

I would love to sail in Princess or Queens but due to the very significant single supplement (100%)I don't see the value. Its bad enough I have to pay a typical 75% in Britannia class. Please fell free to assist in the costs of Q and P!

Again, thanks for your thoughts. I wish you the very best. And if we meet one day on a ship I will be happy to buy you and your husband a drink! (we can meet in your shower!!!)

Deck Chair

Edited by deck chair

Hi

Thanks for your comments.....this is what I expect: I am 6'2", normal body size (Not overweight). I expect a shower stall that you don't have to squeeze into. I expect an adjustable shower head. I expect decent shelving. Even though I am a huge optimist my hopes that these expectations will be met on QE and QV are always dashed!

I have sailed so far 23 times on the QM2, 15 times on the QE2, twice on QE and twice on QV. I have two crossings scheduled in the very near future. The facilities on QM are superior to QE and QV with enough space and an adjustable shower head. For whatever reason Cunard chose to stick taller passengers with fixed shower heads and very small stalls with one tiny shelf in the QE and QV. It must have been to save costs. I don't exactly know what you are referring to with respect to 5s, 4s and 3s. Perhaps you can explain.

I am most pleased QE and QV shower arrangements work for you and your husband. They don't really work for me which is the chief reason I will be likely be choosing the QM2 for my very long winter voyage in January out of New York. Another reason I will likely choose QM2 is that closet and storage space in QM2 Britannia cabins are much superior to those on QE and QV. As you no doubt know, on QV and QE, one has to get down on your hands and knees tp access two drawers under the bed. That doesn't work for me although perhaps it may for you and your husband.

I would love to sail in Princess or Queens but due to the very significant single supplement (100%)I don't see the value. Its bad enough I have to pay a typical 75% in Britannia class. Please fell free to assist in the costs of Q and P!

Again, thanks for your thoughts. I wish you the very best. And if we meet one day on a ship I will be happy to buy you and your husband a drink! (we can meet in your shower!!!)

Deck Chair

That is the reason for me starting this thread. My father certainly had issues with the size of the Britannia stateroom shower. He is tall and thin. However he stated that he had to step out of the shower to soap up comfortably and then when rinsing off, the shower head was too low.

He wanted to know if the Grills showers were larger so he might consider sailing on the QV in the future.

It's not tolerable to smash into a shower for a long cruise.

Thanks for all the information about different shower configurations in the Grills. He may consider QV in the future again.

For now he knows he fits in the QM2 one.

Hi

Deck Chair

I am confused. I certainly seem to have touched a nerve and I don't know why.

I am talking about the stand alone walk in shower cubicle in Queen's Grill on QE and QV, hence the 5,4,3,2 and 1 reference, which are QG suite categories and is in answer to the first post which was a question about the Grills showers.

You said the shower stalls are very small and I think them quite adequate. I assumed your post was also about QG showers as only QG has shower stalls on QE and QV. The rest of the cabins, as far as I know, have showers over the bath tub.

Is this a case of divided by a common language as you mention Britannia a couple of times? I say shower stall [stand alone walk in] you say shower stall [over the bath tub]?

You are both talking about different things ! Deck Chair is complaining about the small showers in Britannia, you are talking about the larger shower cubicles in QG.

There are no baths in Britannia cabins on any of the Cunard ships, just shower cubicles.

You are both talking about different things ! Deck Chair is complaining about the small showers in Britannia, you are talking about the larger shower cubicles in QG.

There are no baths in Britannia cabins on any of the Cunard ships, just shower cubicles.

Thank you Hattie. That highlights my total ignorance.I've never been in a bathroom on either Victoria or Elizabeth which wasn't QG. I took my guide from the shower in the bath PG comment.

In answer to the opening question, it seems Deck Chair might not have been talking about the Grills showers, hence the different takes on our own experiences.. As far as the Grills are concerned on Queen Victoria, , the showers in Princess Grill are apparently combined with the bath and are either manageable for a 6'1'' person or might be a bit difficult for a tall person; two takes on the same product.

The shower cubicles in QG are perfectly acceptable, although most of them have a fixed head. Hope that answers your query.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/photos/ships/queen-victoria-376/penthouse-suite-371629/penthouse-suite--v16923221/

The above is an example of a Penthouse shower. You might be able to see why I think it absolutely fine. The partly seen right hand door next to the shower stall leads to the separate loo and wash basin part of the whole bathroom.

Click on this link and you can see a PG shower and bath, although the angle isn't as good as the Penthouse photograph.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/photos/ships/queen-victoria-376/princess-suite-371653/princess-suite--v16922881/

Edited by Victoria2
added PG link

Thank you Hattie. That highlights my total ignorance.I've never been in a bathroom on either Victoria or Elizabeth which wasn't QG. I took my guide from the shower in the bath PG comment.

In answer to the opening question, it seems Deck Chair might not have been talking about the Grills showers, hence the different takes on our own experiences.. As far as the Grills are concerned on Queen Victoria, , the showers in Princess Grill are apparently combined with the bath and are either manageable for a 6'1'' person or might be a bit difficult for a tall person; two takes on the same product.

The shower cubicles in QG are perfectly acceptable, although most of them have a fixed head. Hope that answers your query.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/photos/ships/queen-victoria-376/penthouse-suite-371629/penthouse-suite--v16923221/

The above is an example of a Penthouse shower. You might be able to see why I think it absolutely fine. The partly seen right hand door next to the shower stall leads to the separate loo and wash basin part of the whole bathroom.

Click on this link and you can see a PG shower and bath, although the angle isn't as good as the Penthouse photograph.

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/photos/ships/queen-victoria-376/princess-suite-371653/princess-suite--v16922881/

Thanks so much for the photo links. These are very helpful!

RE: comfort in showering---- an acquaintance---he is both tall and V E R Y round........doesn't even bother using the showers in his cabin on cruise ships~~~~~~~ he just goes to the gym and uses their showers.