Help needed. .Viking tipping

HokiePoq

After all the trouble we had, there was no way we would use OBC for a future cruise. They were really not very nice about the whole situation. We had planned to use it for the extra excursions that they charge you to take. Oh well---lesson learned.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't plan to check bags, maybe gate check perhaps. But yes I suppose there must be a kiosk at BUD we can use or a check in counter.

I like checking in and confirming our seats. You can check-in online even if you don't print out your boarding pass, and then you can get that at the airport when checking bags.

I like checking in and confirming our seats. You can check-in online even if you don't print out your boarding pass, and then you can get that at the airport when checking bags.

Not only CAN you get your BP at the airport but you MUST get your BP at the airport.

For any international travel you need to show your passport before you get a valid BP - hence, no need to print one on the ship (or hotel).

Not only CAN you get your BP at the airport but you MUST get your BP at the airport.

For any international travel you need to show your passport before you get a valid BP - hence, no need to print one on the ship (or hotel).

Not true. Someone needs to see your passport before you board, but this is usually done when you drop off luggage. For flight from the US to Canada (I know transborder not "international") when travelling with only carry-on you will be asked to go to the gate and show your passport at some time before boarding.

In many airports the check-in lines are different whether you have a boarding pass or not. I prefer to have my boarding pass and not have to try to use check-in kiosks. (Here in Toronto for Air Canada you have to use the check-in kiosk to print your own luggage tag before dropping off your luggage, and I always have problems getting then to work.)

Just piping in add a note about tipping-- you could pay via credit card or cash, in the form of Euros or US$ (at least on our Rhine Getaway last fall). We ended up having some quite a few Euros left at the end of our trip due to some overzealous ATM withdrawals, so we slipped those in one of the tip envelopes. When we went to the front desk to settle up, we just reduced what we planned to tip overall by the total of cash we'd put in the envelopes and paid that amount via credit card. Obviously tipping is highly personal and culturally influenced, but we found the service to be exceptional.