Celebrity Status Match

chrisaus

Hi MSC Experts

A quick question - we are cruising on MSC for the first time in November and have a quick question re status match.

I am currently Elite with Celebrity and after August will be Elite Plus.

Should I go for the status match now or wait until I am Elite Plus? I am worried waiting until after August they may end the status match program.

Hoping for match to black on the MSC Voyagers Club - benefits sounds great :)

Thanks for your time :)

Not an MSC expert but......

Here's a link to a thread about the status match program. I know there was one report of Celebrity Elite getting awarded the Black status for MSC.

Celebrity Elite is the equivalent of Royal Diamond, and Diamonds have been getting Black level.

No expert either: However we received Black Card Loyalty Match for Celebrity Elite last week. There doesn't seem much point in delaying - Black Card is the highest MSC level and your current Celebrity Elite level gets you that.

Edited by Runaways

Yes, Elite and Elite plus will both get black, we are RCL Diamond plus, our son is Diamond, we both got black.

It was nice to have a few extras but the perks are nowhere near as good as RCL/X.:)

Julie

It was nice to have a few extras but the perks are nowhere near as good as RCL/X.:)

Julie

It does seem that the MSC Black doesn't have the perks of most of the top tier loyalty levels of the other mass market lines.

OTOH they are very competitively priced. Priority embark and disembark along with a specialty restaurant dinner is good enough for me for a first cruise on the line:D

It does seem that the MSC Black doesn't have the perks of most of the top tier loyalty levels of the other mass market lines.

OTOH they are very competitively priced. Priority embark and disembark along with a specialty restaurant dinner is good enough for me for a first cruise on the line:D

Yes, I certainly wasn't criticising, it's really nice that they offer this to first time cruisers. The speciality restaurant meal was our favourite thing, along with the Prosecco and chocolate strawberries delivered on gala night.

Just wanted to warn OP not to expect the same amount of things as on X.

Julie

Yes, I certainly wasn't criticising, it's really nice that they offer this to first time cruisers. The speciality restaurant meal was our favourite thing, along with the Prosecco and chocolate strawberries delivered on gala night.

Just wanted to warn OP not to expect the same amount of things as on X.

Julie

Nope. I wasn't taking your comments as any sort of criticism. I think MSC has embarked on a great program for breaking in to the Caribbean cruise market with both their pricing and status match.

They're getting a lot of attention on these boards. Some of it not so good with the web site and other communications problems. But it keeps the brand name in the mix.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
No expert either: However we received Black Card Loyalty Match for Celebrity Elite last week. There doesn't seem much point in delaying - Black Card is the highest MSC level and your current Celebrity Elite level gets you that.

Congratulations on receiving MSC Black status. Could you please show us the screenshot you used to get it? Thank you.

Thanks for everyone's help- I sent the form in with a screen shot of my celebrity elite and 5 days later confirmation of my new Black level status [emoji2]

Congratulations on receiving MSC Black status. I know this is an old post, but could you please show us the screenshot you used to get it? Thank you.