Cigar Smoking Oasis

pedirn

We sail Sunday on the Oasis. Did not know when we booked it that it did not have a cigar bar. I have learned that they allow cigar smoking at an outdoor bar. Are they strict about the times? Is it only at the outdoor tables or actual bar? DH often likes to enjoy a cigar prior to dinner but also enjoys sitting at the bar versus cocktail table and chairs. Also is it very windy? I ask as that will impact the quality of cigar he takes. There is no reason to light up a good cigar if the wind is just going to burn it down before he can enjoy it...another reason he likes the bar as it blocks the wind. We really do want to follow rules but not sure if this outdoor area and the times are realistic.

Chris

We sailed on Oasis this past September and saw cigar smokers sitting at the pool bar in deck 15 smoking with no questions asked. Could have been an anomaly but as a smoker sitting close by at a table it seemed to be to be down to whether or not the person was having a drink as well or just there for a smoke

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My Cruise Compass from three weeks ago on Allure says, "designated outdoor smoking areas are located on the port side of Deck 15 & 16." It says e-cigs are treated the same as smoke products. It doesn't specifically address cigars during the day.

But, at night they did "Cigars Under the Stars" 8:00 PM - late at Pool Bar (deck 15).

• 8 months later...
I hope they get a cigar bar on the oasis by end of January 18, I sure did enjoy the one on the freedom. Hate to think we will have to find a new cruise line

No bar, but they do have smoking cubicles along the port side of the pool deck.

I hope they get a cigar bar on the oasis by end of January 18, I sure did enjoy the one on the freedom. Hate to think we will have to find a new cruise line

You could stay with Royal on a ship with a Connoisseur Bar. They are indoors and have very comfy chairs. They are on Voyager and Freedom class ships, but check the specific ship before booking as I have read that some are bring converted to a library :(...a library really!

Just got off Oasis this past Sunday, August 13th. Cigar smoking was was allowed on the port side, Deck 15 (Pool Deck - enclosed) and Deck 16 near the bar. As previous posters stated, is was very windy at times, so that may or may not have an impact on your decision.

Cigar smoking on Royal is less than ideal. They do still have a cigar bar (connoisseur club) on most of the Freedom and Voyager class ships, but, they have been removing them. Beyond that you are pretty much restricted to outdoor space. It's not bad while the ship is in port, but, when it's moving it has a noticeable negative effect. If cigar smoking is important to you, Royal is not your fleet.

Anyone have pictures of the cigar smoking areas on the Oasis or Allure? Or how it compares to the area on the celebrity Solstice class?

We will be on the Allure on the 27th.

There are no exclusive cigar smoking areas, they are just areas on the port side of the pool deck and one deck above for all smoking.

Cigar smoking on Royal is less than ideal. They do still have a cigar bar (connoisseur club) on most of the Freedom and Voyager class ships, but, they have been removing them. Beyond that you are pretty much restricted to outdoor space. It's not bad while the ship is in port, but, when it's moving it has a noticeable negative effect. If cigar smoking is important to you, Royal is not your fleet.

Anyone have pictures of the cigar smoking areas on the Oasis or Allure? Or how it compares to the area on the celebrity Solstice class?

We will be on the Allure on the 27th.

Celebrity's Solstice Class (my 2 experiences on Reflection) has a much better cigar smoking environment. There is an outdoor smoking area on the port side of the Sunset Bar area with tables and seating and access to the sunset bar. I have enjoyed many a cigar (especially at night) there. Great atmosphere to watch the ocean pass by and place to meet friends.

The Oasis Class has none of that. There is just a designated smoking area on deck 15 near the pool bar. It is a confined space near the pools. No breezes, no views and heavily traveled area. During our Feb 2016 cruise I didn't even bother. It can't be fun for the smokers or the non smokers who are forced to walk through the area.

Cheers

Tom

• 1 month later...

checking out the most recent threads I think I GOT IT!

deck 15 probably near the pool bar area and for sure deck 16, it seems the cubby hole areas will be best for cigar smoking

and for sure I loved the cigar bar on FOS last year

we sail on oasis at Halloween this time:)

• 6 months later...
You could stay with Royal on a ship with a Connoisseur Bar. They are indoors and have very comfy chairs. They are on Voyager and Freedom class ships, but check the specific ship before booking as I have read that some are bring converted to a library :(...a library really!

Now now! Libraries are big money-makers and are always packed! We cigar smokers, with our cognacs and single-malt scotches just don't bring in the cash that book readers do!

Elvis