Bermuda with Teens

mbrown572097

Hello,

Can't decide on Cruise Line for a Bermuda Cruise with 2 teen boys and wife. We have sailed Carnival and HAL in the past. NCL Escape seems too big at 4K passengers and the Celebrity cruise doesn't seem to have enough to keep the teens happy. Is there a ship that will meet our needs?

Our teens did not like the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Of course, you are going to be on the cruise too, aren't you? And I assume that you will be picking up the cost. Which do you think YOU would prefer? While Celebrity might not have all the bells and whistles imaginable, they do have enough to keep someone getting a free ride happy.

I am increasingly amazed by the control dependents seem to exercise over those who should be capable of expressing their own preferences.

Of course, you are going to be on the cruise too, aren't you? And I assume that you will be picking up the cost. Which do you think YOU would prefer? While Celebrity might not have all the bells and whistles imaginable, they do have enough to keep someone getting a free ride happy.

I am increasingly amazed by the control dependents seem to exercise over those who should be capable of expressing their own preferences.

Hmm, I didn't realize that my teens had control over me. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to watch my back now. LOL.. We would prefer to have a situation that is good for all of us, if that exists. Hopefully that's not as ridiculous as you make it sound.

Hmm, I didn't realize that my teens had control over me. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to watch my back now. LOL.. We would prefer to have a situation that is good for all of us, if that exists. Hopefully that's not as ridiculous as you make it sound.

It really depends on the teens. If they are very active and into sports the massive NCL ships will be a better fit for them. If they are more laid back then Summit would be fine. I think you might like Summit better, it is less crowded but the teens will only be teens for a few years. You can have a laid back cruise soon enough. Those teen years will fly. Personally I prefer Summit but if I were taking active teens I would book the NCL ship.

I agree that since you are doing a family vacation you should book the ship that is good for all of you.

Doesn't sound like you have children... Hmmm. Or you may be a parent with the philosophy of my way or the highway.

Families like to make sure that everyone is happy when they go on vacation. Sounds like a great family dynamic to me when all family members have input into their vacations.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm taking my active 13 & 15 yo girls on the Breakaway in a few weeks. I'll try to remember to post back about our experience.

We looked at a lot of different options and while the big ship intimidates me a bit, I thought the girls would love it. They are used to participating in sports 2-4 hours/day, 5 days/week, so I needed something where they could keep active. The ropes course, water slides, rock wall and teen activities of the Breakaway seemed to be a good fit.

Doesn't sound like you have children... Hmmm. Or you may be a parent with the philosophy of my way or the highway.

Families like to make sure that everyone is happy when they go on vacation. Sounds like a great family dynamic to me when all family members have input into their vacations.

My response was to a poster whose ONLY comment was that his teens did not like Celebrity, Of course, the goal should be for everyone to be happy - and to have input --- but not just the teens.

By the way, I raised four children - who are now raising their own children; they seem to share my belief that a responsible parent should act like the CEO of the family - and have, at the least, a touch more say than the teens.

I was the poster who mentioned the teens did not like Celebrity. They actually were my nieces not my children.

My son who was 7 at the time like the boat. I liked Summit. My sister in her early 40s found Celebrity very dull and quiet at night.

For multi generational cruises we will be looking at other lines.

My family enjoyed Royal far more than celebrity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am sailing NCL with my teens. My older one is very active (runs most days, plays soccer, pick up games of basketball, etc). Both enjoyed the Pearl last summer. I thought they would really enjoy the ropes course and the waterslides on the Breakaway. My younger teen is excited about Escape the Room as well.

Went on the breakaway with my dd who is 13. The breakaway had lines and a lot of the sport things. Ropes course, rock wall. We're not open enough hours so she couldn't enjoy them it was a lot of line standing. Trying the summit this year as hopefully it will not be as crowded with lines everywhere. We will see?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went on the Breakaway to Bermuda last summer for a large family trip. There were 12 of us (6 adults and 6 teens). We all had a great time. The teens had more than enough to keep them busy and they enjoyed all the activities (rock climbing, waterslides, ropes course....) The only thing was that because they were under 18 they were only allowed in the family pool which they did not like. Also, the waterslides close at 6pm but the ropes course was open in the evening and there are other activities like mini golf for the evening.

Another plus for them was O Sheehans pub. After all the activity, they were always hungry. It is open 24 hours and it is a complimentary restaurant .They loved the wings.

We would not hesitate to book again.