Harmony Solarium

There is a misting station on the Harmony. And I know a lot of people on here complain about not having the pool, and having the misting station instead, but everybody standing under the mister said they preferred that other than the pool. I think most people in the Solarium while I was on there last week used the Solarium to read/relax, and just cooled off under the mister. They would not have been in a pool anyway.

Meanwhile the pool in the Solarium on the Oasis and Allure is always packed..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I agree, it's sort of a big deal. Same with Radiance Class ships...they have a pool, but it's "under glass", so you can't tan in there. I prefer that area because it's quieter without all the kid "hubbub"....and on those ships, it's simply not possible to tan in the solarium.

Serenade

e370f3a71282e54f2bf168a978a1e82a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Just off the Harmony. I liked the misting station even tho it took awhile to start the water flowing. The material overhead in the Solarium has changed as well. We loved the Solarium area on the Allure but felt it often was too hot when there wasn't a breeze. On the Harmony they changed out the overhead material for a mesh type instead of glass or plastic. There seemed to be more air flow which did make a difference on the Harmony.

IMHO Carnival has the best pizza at sea, hopefully Royal will change it. I'm a pizza snob, originally from NY LOL ;)

IMHO Carnival has the best pizza at sea, hopefully Royal will change it. I'm a pizza snob, originally from NY LOL ;)

Carnival definitely has better pizza than Royal... but that comes with a caveat. You order and they make your pizza, it can take forever if there is a line. Even just a couple people waiting and I'd rather go do something else. Strolling up to the pizza station on Royal and grabbing a few slices, instantly, is more appealing to me even though the pizza isn't as good.

Carnival definitely has better pizza than Royal... but that comes with a caveat. You order and they make your pizza, it can take forever if there is a line. Even just a couple people waiting and I'd rather go do something else. Strolling up to the pizza station on Royal and grabbing a few slices, instantly, is more appealing to me even though the pizza isn't as good.

I'll wait for it. LOL Carnival pizza is better than most pizza in CA. You're in FLL you can get near NY quality pizza any day of the week. lol

I'll wait for it. LOL Carnival pizza is better than most pizza in CA. You're in FLL you can get near NY quality pizza any day of the week. lol

We are knee deep in South Florida with great pizza places. A lot of NY but also around me, a lot of authentic Italian pizzas... wood burning ovens, etc. I'm hungry now... So yeah, maybe getting a decent pizza on a cruise isn't a big deal to me. But I do love being able to walk up to different venues and quickly grab something. Shrimp salad sandwich? HERE. I'll enjoy with my slice of pizza. It's the instant gratification I love about cruising!

We originally booked Harmony last year, but once we found out there was no pool, we changed the reservation to Allure. We too spend most of our time in the Solarium.

You do realize the pool on Oasis/Allure is not a swimming pool. Just something to stand maybe waist deep in.

Friends don't let friends order RCL pizza

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Does anyone have the real low down regarding the Solarium on the Harmony. I have read conflicting posts - some say there is no pool and some say there must be.

Is there a small pool in the Harmony's Solarium or just two hot tubs.

Curious

How stupid of them NO POOL. We cancelled 3 cruises on the Harmony!!!

How stupid of them NO POOL. We cancelled 3 cruises on the Harmony!!!

My kids want me to book Harmony but I won't because of no Solarium pool. I love being under glass (read no sunburn) and swimming/floating. I like the quite of an adult only area.

I will not book Symphony until there are actual photos of its solarium after the whole change up in Harmony.

So I am looking into trying Carnival Vista. Since we have done all of NCL's big ships already

We sailed on Harmony and on Oasis. Quite honestly we loved the Solarium in Harmony so much more than Oasis. First and foremost, the solarium was no where near as hot on Harmony as it was on the Oasis. And quite frankly, you can't really consider what is on the Oasis as a "pool", more of a cooling off puddle. LOL. On our 7 nights on Oasis we rarely ever saw anyone in the pool. It amazes me that people are so disheartened by the fact there is no pool on Harmony.

Take away anything, regardless of its value, and people will complain.:cool:

Here is the thing everyone has something they want or will enjoy on a ship. Some people its food, some entertainment, some activities, some night life, some its ports and some its pools.

I recognize that Harmony is a great ship just like Oasis and Allure but it is missing something that would not make my cruise as enjoyable. Since I am a educated cruiser, thank you CC. I know not to book Harmony and be disappointed. Better to book a ship and cruise that I will enjoy.

Just got Anthem and I spend hours every day in its wonderful pools. I made friends and socialized all day long in the pools. That made my vacation better and more fun. For me its like the old huge tables where you talked to strangers and made friends, had great conversations, learned about other people and cultures. Info about ports and other ships,

Just like I would never do a cruise without a flowrider or slides because my kids would be disappointed. So we never sail small ships. I am sure they are great ships but they would not make a great vacation for my family.

People are just shocked that Royal would build such a big beautiful ship and turn the solarium pool into a kid like mister.

If they build Symphony right I will just wait and cruise her.

My kids want me to book Harmony but I won't because of no Solarium pool. I love being under glass (read no sunburn) and swimming/floating. I like the quite of an adult only area.

I will not book Symphony until there are actual photos of its solarium after the whole change up in Harmony.

So I am looking into trying Carnival Vista. Since we have done all of NCL's big ships already

Its funny you brought it up about the NCL big ships. We too have sailled and LOVED the Escape and the Getaway. Now, regarding their equivalent to the adult only solarium, NCL did not put a pool either instead there is a Grotto..fairly large cave like structure with ankle deep water and misters..I loved it! Maybe the misters on Harmony will be enjoyed by those of you dissappointed by no pool as well?..I hope so.

• 3 months later...
There is a misting station on the Harmony. And I know a lot of people on here complain about not having the pool, and having the misting station instead, but everybody standing under the mister said they preferred that other than the pool. I think most people in the Solarium while I was on there last week used the Solarium to read/relax, and just cooled off under the mister. They would not have been in a pool anyway.

Other than the family of South Americans who used the misting station as a splash pad with their young children, I literally didn't see one other person the entire cruise use it. I'm sure a few did while I wasn't watching... But I spent a lot of time in the solarium and never once saw anybody using it.

Contrast that with my last Oasis trip where the solarium pool was rather busy. There is no doubt people use and enjoy the solarium pool.

Its funny you brought it up about the NCL big ships. We too have sailled and LOVED the Escape and the Getaway. Now, regarding their equivalent to the adult only solarium, NCL did not put a pool either instead there is a Grotto..fairly large cave like structure with ankle deep water and misters..I loved it! Maybe the misters on Harmony will be enjoyed by those of you dissappointed by no pool as well?..I hope so.

NCL has, essentially, a solarium with pool on Escape and Getaway. It's just that it's only accessible to suite guests.

• 2 weeks later...
This is so disappointing. The Oasis had a pool and 5 hot tubs in the solarium. I seriously want a refund now. you don't want to hot tub after laying out in the sun for hours, you want the shady solarium pool.

I feel the same way. Don't understand why there would not be a pool. Who wants to leave the solarium, to an

adults only pool out with all of those young kids?? Not me. We were on the Allure and loved the solarium, so

we figured Harmony, a solarium just as nice. WRONG !!

Here is the thing everyone has something they want or will enjoy on a ship. Some people its food, some entertainment, some activities, some night life, some its ports and some its pools.

I recognize that Harmony is a great ship just like Oasis and Allure but it is missing something that would not make my cruise as enjoyable. Since I am a educated cruiser, thank you CC. I know not to book Harmony and be disappointed. Better to book a ship and cruise that I will enjoy.

Just got Anthem and I spend hours every day in its wonderful pools. I made friends and socialized all day long in the pools. That made my vacation better and more fun. For me its like the old huge tables where you talked to strangers and made friends, had great conversations, learned about other people and cultures. Info about ports and other ships,

Just like I would never do a cruise without a flowrider or slides because my kids would be disappointed. So we never sail small ships. I am sure they are great ships but they would not make a great vacation for my family.

People are just shocked that Royal would build such a big beautiful ship and turn the solarium pool into a kid like mister.

If they build Symphony right I will just wait and cruise her.

Symphony will have a solarium pool... Not sure if that meets your criteria for it being built right...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk