Lactose Intolerant Kids

karenna00

I have had lactose free milk on both NCL and Holland America. I just had to ask in the dining room, and asked again in the buffet area, where the station was pointed out to me. But you must contact NCL with your request prior to boarding. I believe that the request will ensure that the milk is available on board.

As with a previous post I've not had any problem getting lactose free milks on either NCL or HAL, generally faster in the buffet, you can be waiting a while in the mdr. I am happy with both lactaid and soy milks so this makes it easier. You definitely don't need to take any with you, but it can't do any harm to contact special needs to register this. If you consider their passenger profile with many passengers from Northern European and Asian backgrounds, where lactose intolerance is very common, it would be unusual for a mass market cruise line to not routinely cater for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You should inform the "special needs" dept. ahead of time....to make sure they stock it for your trip. Yes...you can get it...just make sure they know you NEED it!

I emailed them today. They said just to ask for it in the dining areas. Apparently no pre-ordering needed for this request on NCL.

Thanks all for your help.