First timer here

Tribechick75

we are gong on our first cruise next May now arter talking to friends who are frequent cruisers I am begning to womder if we even have a clue what we are doing 🙃

I am being told that we have to pay for beach access at all beaches and that public beaches are far and fee between

How true is this?

we are gong on our first cruise next May now arter talking to friends who are frequent cruisers I am begning to womder if we even have a clue what we are doing 🙃

I am being told that we have to pay for beach access at all beaches and that public beaches are far and fee between

How true is this?

First, you would have to tell us what ports you are going to, because local customs and laws vary widely around the world.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

It all depends on the port you visiting if there are free beaches.

Your friends having been on cruises before may have seen all the sights and just do beaches, but I recommend that you sight see and learn a little about the port and the people.

Welcome to Cruise Critic Tribechick75. Cruising is a wonderful way to vacation. The ships are beautiful and filled with elegant restaurants, lounges, bars and public spaces.

There are plenty of free beaches often very close to where the ship docks in port.

Tell us where you cruising to. Pick a guide book and read up on your ports. You and your friends can split a cab ride to some of the really nice nearby beaches.

You can also book transfers with the cruise line which include lounge chairs and cocktails.

Jonathan

I've been to the Caribbean many time. There are plenty of lovely beaches that have free access, you will usually have to get a taxi or bus. Which are reasonably priced. You will have to pay for a sunshade and sunbed maybe $10.

Ship will have tours to beaches which are fun too, usually food of some sort included. But ship tours would be more expensive than doing it yourself.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

How true is this?

I suggest you visit the CC Port of Call board and check out the ports you will be visiting.

You will get the specific info on the beaches there.

For example, Bermuda, Horseshoe Bay, free. Getting there $7 shuttle. Chairs and umbrellas extra, etc. etc.