Escape Angled Balconies

This will be my first time cruising in a balcony stateroom as I prefer interiors but it is mine and my boyfriends 40th bday cruise so we wanted it to be a little more romantic and celebratory.

My question is that there are 8 angled balcony cabins on each deck.

Right now I have one on hold on Deck 15 aft Starboard. Is there any advantages to having one of these angled balconies? More/less space or view?

Thanks in advance!

Basically, the advantage is that it is a bigger balcony.

The balconies on the Breakaway and a getaway are very small compared to the older ships. I don't think we know for sure yet, but it's reasonable to assume that the Escape will be the same. These bigger balconies are quite a bonus if you like to spend any time out there.

On the Breakaway, Getaway and Escape I would book either an angled or large balcony, as I like to sit out there in the evening.

Just to add my voice to the choir, we had a forward facing angled balcony on the Getaway in Oct. It was on deck 12. I would guess they are about 50% larger than the regular balcony...but the regular balconies are small (as many have stated). we liked facing slightly forward and did not notice any huge breeze issue. The extra room was nice for sure.

Just to add my voice to the choir, we had a forward facing angled balcony on the Getaway in Oct. It was on deck 12. I would guess they are about 50% larger than the regular balcony...but the regular balconies are small (as many have stated). we liked facing slightly forward and did not notice any huge breeze issue. The extra room was nice for sure.

I agree - we also had a forward-facing angled balcony on the Getaway. Prior to the cruise, I was a little concerned about wind while the ship was moving but we found it to be a non-issue.

• 2 years later...

We are booked in15870 for THIS Tha ksgiving..

two concerns- I've been reading about the overhang but can't envision. Was it a problem?

Was noise from cafe right above or H20 an issue? We usually love aft or angled balconies but after looking at deck plan got nervous

• 6 months later...
We are booked in15870 for THIS Tha ksgiving..

two concerns- I've been reading about the overhang but can't envision. Was it a problem?

Was noise from cafe right above or H20 an issue? We usually love aft or angled balconies but after looking at deck plan got nervous

How was it? Looking to book this same room. Thanks.

How was it? Looking to book this same room. Thanks.

The overhang will block most of your view of the sky, although you can still see the horizon looking into the distance. We prefer a couple floors down, 13870.

We were in 15870 last Spring Break and loved it! The overhang was not an issue for us at all. All 4 of us stood on balcony watching arrival/departure several times. Nice to have a lounger as well as chairs fit.

• 2 months later...
We had a mid-ship deck 13 angled balcony on the Getaway Feb, 2014.

After reading comments from other CC posters I chose an aft facing angle to reduce wind exposure while the ship is sailing....very pleased with decision and balcony.

We're in an aft facing angle on 13 in a few weeks... did you feel like your view was limited?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Limited? It’s the opposite. The angled allow better views in more than one direction as opposed to just straight out.
Thank you! I read a post on another thread that the aft facing limited the forward view and was curious. Jumped on the angeled when it opened up, though. We were next to one on BA last year and I had serious balcony envy!

Thank you! I read a post on another thread that the aft facing limited the forward view and was curious. Jumped on the angeled when it opened up, though. We were next to one on BA last year and I had serious balcony envy!

We were in an aft angled balcony. We did have limited forward view unless we stood at the far right and hunched forward. This is awkward because it seemed like we were peaking into our neighbors balcony.

We were in an aft angled balcony. We did have limited forward view unless we stood at the far right and hunched forward. This is awkward because it seemed like we were peaking into our neighbors balcony.

You have the exact same forward view that you would if you had a straight on balcony along with an improved aft view.

You have the exact same forward view that you would if you had a straight on balcony along with an improved aft view.

Incorrect. We could not comfortably look right towards the front of the ship unless we extended our necks while standing to the right of the balcony.

Incorrect. We could not comfortably look right towards the front of the ship unless we extended our necks while standing to the right of the balcony.

Imagine if you were in the balcony to the left of you. They had even less of a forward view because the "bump out" blocks them. You had the ability to look forward along the outermost part of the ship.

Think of it this way....

Those to the left of you had limited view forward. Those to the right of you had less of an aft view than you did. You had a view aft and a view forward.