RichYak

Members
About Me

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

RichYak's Achievements

3,000+ Club

3,000+ Club (8/20)

1. The message board software has the functionality, but cruise critic has it disabled.
  2. There is no direct message functionality on cruise critic.
  3. Well, the temptation is growing and budgets were made to be busted. DW and I are now considering doing something around NYE and this just might be it. Stay tuned... 🍾
  4. I agree with @jwlane that it would have helped if you mentioned Retreat initially. I also agree that you should show up at 11am. You should be through security and on board in mere minutes at that time as you'll be there before all the same-day flyers. This is what I've done in San Juan.
  5. I bring my HydroFlask tumbler. I pack my clean socks and underwear in it and it takes little to no additional room in my suitcase.
  6. We did the same thing when we did Alaska with the addition of a night or 2 in Seward. This is what I would recommend if Celebrity was the option, like in OP's case.
  7. You've already been corrected upthread. Why double down on being wrong?
  8. As mentioned above, the B2B process of getting off the ship and reboarding is not a factor in satisfying PVSA requirements.
  9. Don't think of it as a one time match, it's a permanent link. Linked accounts will always have the higher of the 2 statuses until the accounts are unlinked. No need to wait.
  10. Risk. You pay a premium for locking in the cabin you want at the time of booking. Your neighbor accepts the risk that his bid won't be accepted and he'll be shut out of YC.
  11. Call Captain's Club and have them link his account to yours as sharing the same address. He will still have fewer points but he'll be Elite like you are. Relationship Points and Status If two adult members over the age of 18 reside at the same address, they have the option to link their member accounts together by calling 1-800-760-0654. While each member still earns points based on their individual sailing activity, both will have access to the points and tier level associated with the member who has the higher Club Point balance. If the members ever stop residing at the same address, Celebrity may unlink the accounts. Members can also request their accounts be unlinked by calling 1-800-760-0654. Each member will then only have access to the points and tier earned individually.
  12. I have both a wife and a cardiologist. The good news for them is that googling “poutine near me” results in a 10 hour drive for me.

If you are already a Cruise Critic member, please log in with your existing account information or your email address and password.