About Me

• Interests
    Cruising, walking, music, and the family dog 🐕
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Princess
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Port Arthur Tasmania

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Ombud's Achievements

10,000+ Club

10,000+ Club (10/20)

• "Live from...." Rare

Recent Badges

1. Dudes is a vlogger?? Doesn't come across that way (says another who didn't know)
  2. @555 1700+ elite on board so I didn't make MT cutoff @PacnGoNow @LACruiser88 & @HaveDogWillTravel somehow no one is hurt. Actually the 11 yr old thought it was an adventure. Unfortunately my son needs to just nod and say 'yes' to whatever the adjuster wants to do. He has paperwork from the arborist that the tree was in perfect shape before a weird circular wind. My dinner time was somehow switched to 9pm. Yeah not happening. Went to the diner 1st 3 nights but asked to go to Deck 7 from now on. Those lines are too long unless I want to eat at 9. @BobandLizM thanks for the hint. I'll try walking in at 7:20. The Elite Tea set up was quite reasonable. Not as overwhelming as 2022, not as well laid out as 2023, but more than enough. I still have cakes & cookies. Note: it came on 3 plates but there isn't enough room on the counter for all 3 so put cookies on scones plate. @PacnGoNow I asked my steward if the cans were just for the TA but he didn't know as he just got on.
  3. Ticks me off. But then it's because my impression is usually quite different >>>>>> Someone said they couldn't find International Cafe. Its next to the Eatery. Makes sense to me. Coffee currents all over but w/o IC food. Ok. Signing off now
  4. I thought I'd mind how narrow the bathroom is (I can elbow counter & wall at the same time) but it WORKS! I just leave the bathroom door open. My towels are in the hall anyway. There is 8 mixed drinks in cans so you get drinks .... just not plain alcohol Agreed but this is my 56th cruise. American Dinner had only the Sailaway Menu last night. Very short queue when I got there but soon was out to staircase Thanks I might borrow it one day or just buy that week. In Weymouth now .... lovely little town.
  5. Green Line boarding: fast as usual. Onboard by 10:44 Rm 10222 is an extremely narrow room! If a sheet of paper is 8.5×11" then the hallway is 27.5". Yes the sofa cushions don't match, the middle cushion is different fabric. Also note the very different mini bar. There aren't any of the traditional bottles of alcohol. There's 6 bottles of mixed drinks instead. I don't really care as I trade it for a bottle of wine. Closet: I hope you're tall. You'll need to be as they squeezed a few inches here by putting the bar near the ceiling and shelves below. Met up with a lady who couldn't hang her clothes. Balcony: VERY large. 1/2 covered, 1/2 uncovered much like Caribe balconies on Grand Class ships Elevator: This is a definite improvement. I selected which floor I was going to & was directed to an elevator. Once I entered the elevator there were not any buttons to select. Elevators do not stop on each floor Toilets by Good Spirits: wheelchair users must make an immediate sharp u-turn to use the ADA stall. Wonder how they missed that? Doesn't affect me but suggest those who are mobility impaired find another one Another trip hazard; there is slope up / down encircling the piazza. Not terribly noticeable but be aware as i watched it catch a few off guard Elite Lounge is in the American Diner. There wasn't any music (ok, piped in stuff) unlike other ships MDR dining changes are well broadcasted. Deck 6 with traditional 5:00 or 7:30 same table / staff dining. Deck 7 with 2 lines: (1) with reservations & (2) without waiting on a table. Should work fine. I went to Deck 8 hoping to experience the American Diner as this is my only night without a set time. But tonight it's just an extension of Decks 6 & 7. So a little disappointing. But I'll go back after the show tonight as it's open later then regular MDR OMG the Motown Show (MOBO) !! Dancing in my seat Elite Tea tomorrow so I will post the picture when I'm in Vigo, another port stop. Will also download / answer questions (if any) Vegetarian menu is extremely large:
  6. Or Detroit. Or Lake City, Belle Glade, Riviera Beach, and Cocoa.
  7. I bought a 13:30 ticket as my plane landed at 10:15. 1/2 hr later I had gone through e-gates, collected my 22" bag, and was at the bus (T2). I couldn't get my app to work but the driver said just get on. So I did. Luggage compartment filled up at T4 as many T2 & T4 people had 2-3-4 large suitcases. Over a dz riders left at T5 yesterday. I felt sorry for those dz plus that couldn't get on at LHR T5 stop. The issue wasn't seats (maybe) as there were a few unoccupied ones. The issue was clearly limited luggage transport space as they also had trolleys filled with bags. I think if you have more than a carryon + 1 for under the bus you need something other than public transit.
  8. @azbirdmom I don't buy wifi. I like being unplugged. Still a little leery about going an entire week without emails (10/1 - 10/8) so we shall see how i do it on future trips
  9. With E-gates fully functioning it was only 1/2 hour to get through passport control, get luggage, and make it to the Central Bus Stop. Found a direct to Southampton. And just got on .... it's 11:20 & my ticket is for 13:30. But they don't care. FWIW the bus says Clarks but baggage handler says it's National Express As a solo with just a 22" suitcase (23.5" with wheels so had to check it), that's all I need. I might have spent more than necessary but with recent Heathrow issues I decided to pay the extra £5 to have a fully flexible / refundable ticket. Price £32.30 ($44.10). That bus system is so convenient.
  10. I was wondering how everyone would be able to see the shows. Heres how. 2 in the evening then repeats at 1pm the next day: No I'm not going to all 3 😁
  11. That's what the ship did for us on April6-27, 2024. The grouponboardservices let them know what time then the onboard coordinator takes over. Once he heard our numbers we were redirected to Symphony Dining Room. On the previous one, November 2023 TA, our numbers were too large for Take 5 so the onboard person redirected us to Vista Lounge. They made up the signs & had someone at the old site to let everyone know. Plus I was given 24 hr internet to put out a blast. Too bad you canceled as the ship will work with you I think the bigger issue is with how they are now combining the 2 groups (2 letter one) and us as we do events (cabin crawl, slot pull, wine share, private treks) that are only for Cruise Critic members
  12. Let me begin by saying that this is my impression and your view will differ. I've read alot of impressions re: Plus, Premier, and Suite experiences. But this is just one view from that ever shrinking population: the standard fare no-frills, come for the ports / stay for the ship unplugged elite cruiser. 😊 I'll post regarding my experiences when I'm in these ports: 9/21-9/23 Southampton 9/24 Portland 9/26 Vigo 9/29 Madeira (ship missed last time) 9/30 Santa Cruz De Tenerife 10/9 Disembark Fort Lauderdale So it's time for me to pack myself and Koda (who's currently sitting in my suitcase so he won't be forgotten) as I head out tomorrow
  13. I've saved this cruise for next year as I want to go from my home port at least ONCE .... mind if I follow you? Wondering if embarkation is a lot better than 2022. Maybe that fiasco was only due to covid

If you are already a Cruise Critic member, please log in with your existing account information or your email address and password.