graphicguy

Members
About Me

• Interests
    Travel, Golf, being out and about
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    I like them all (but haven't sailed them all)
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Mediteranean

Recent Profile Visitors

9,352 profile views

graphicguy's Achievements

1. WHOA! Gotta get me one of those! I don’t know why I do not grab eats at O’Sheehans/Local. I think I’ve only eaten at either maybe once each!
  2. ….or, my experiences in no way resemble or are a reflection of their drama filled click bait fueled vids! Watch whatever you want (or don’t)! I’ve already given them a chance to be in my cruise vid rotation. They’ve shown what they’re all about. Not interested to view more. As an aside, I’m watching vloggers “Views and Queues” reviewing the Carnival Celebration right now. I enjoy their reviews, regardless of the cruise line they’re sailing!
  3. Did the agent say it couldn't be done? My fear is once you're off the ship, and it leaves without you, are you now not part of the passenger list? NCL is the best source for this question. If your agent can't give you an answer (or at least a definitive answer), ask to chat with someone else who can give you a definitive answer from NCL. Any answer you get from us won't carry much (if any) weight.
  4. It's harder to "re-gain" credibility once it's lost (as they did with the MSC incident), than it is to be credible to begin with. No reason to follow them as they lost credibility.
  5. No longer a fan of theirs for the reasons I stated. So, don't care what vids they post or what they have to say.
  6. Yeah.....that was the point of no return for me. It became clear they were more about the "drama" clicks than giving a realistic review. Can't trust their reviews any more. So, why bother with them? Why do some insist that we watch their reviews? I've seen enough to know what their modus operandi is. There are too many other YouTube V-Loggers who are really good to bother with this couple.
  7. @schmoopie17...I love me some Paris, but agree about Cannes. I really love Cannes, too.
  8. Therein is the issue with these cruise v-loggers. I have sailed Epic less than a year ago. I found her to be in good shape. Full ship and crew were happy and helpful. The ship was clean and well maintained. So, my personal experience is the opposite of theirs. Add that to their MSC fiasco and it becomes clear the audience they believe will offer them the most clicks. I like watching cruise vids....just not these types. After a while of watching the cruise vids you more or less understand who is trying to gather clicks and who is reporting more realistically. Reminds me of a young British v-logger by the name of EMMA (emmacruises). Love her v-logs. There was one she did a little over a year ago that was titled (paraphrasing) "I sailed what was supposed to be Cruise Critic's worst rated cruise ship". I think it was a Costa ship. She cruises a lot, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I follow her, a lot. Used to follow "Sean and Stef". But, Stef's husband, sadly died. Their last v-log was truly sad to see as his health had deteriorated. I haven't seen Stef in many v-logs since then, which is understandable. Someone mentioned ParoDeeJay...another cruise v-logger I like. Point is, there are many who do not succumb to the "click bait" sort of cruise v-logs which pander to those looking at little more than the negatives of cruising. There's just way too much to find that's great about cruising, which is the reason we're all here.
  9. Evil....EVIL NCL (or RCCL, or CCL, or MSC, or Celebrity, or Cunard, or............). I have Never....Ever had a bad time on a cruise. The food is good and plentiful, as are the drinks. Entertainment is fun and the ports, for all intents and purposes, are exotic. I've stayed in old hotels that are...well...old. That's considered charm. Do the same on cruise ship, and it's "run down". I don't know what this video purports to say, nor do I want to watch it. As others point out, sad faces and negative titles get the clicks. There is only one other YouTube v-logger I won't watch. Won't even mention their names as they were similar in their treatment of one of the most well respected Concierges on any ship, on any cruise line (Adrian Bica). Now there is one more I'll add to the list. For every vid couple like these two, there are 5 more that enjoy cruising and are way more credible and watchable. Bottom line, we all have choices we can make. If you don't like NCL, or Carnival, or Royal, or Princess, or any of the others out there (because you can find negative Nancies for all of them), spend your dollars elsewhere. It's your prerogative. NCL is not perfect. I've had issues with them. But, I've also had issues with Carnival, Royal, MSC, and others I've sailed on. Anyone who focuses on the bad instead of the overwhelming good on any vacation, is going to have a poor experience. That includes cruises. For me anyway, NCL offers way more of what I like, and way less of what I don't like. That's why I keep coming back. "NCL in terrible shape"????? Puleeze. (off my soap box)
  10. For some reason, Delta Platinum Cards don't share in the "perks" that the AMEX Platinum card gets.
  11. I think there's some confusion here. The MAS replaces FAS+. What NCL has planned to replace FAS+ with is unknown if or when that will be implemented.
  12. Is this thread still going on? 😉 I guess a kindness would be...."sorry we missed the ship....in all kindness".
  13. Interestingly, while it's really not something I feel is my business, when listening to other guests ask that same question while sitting at on board bars, the response is the opposite. They have said the DSC is divided among all personnel who aren't management staff. Further, they also share cash tips with bar backs and other bartenders. I do think the room stewards keep the cash gratuities you offer, but they also share in the DSC. OP...in answer to your original question, it's not an either/or proposition. It's whether you tip extra cash above the DSC for those who have given you extraordinary service. The DSC covers a lot of other crew that you don't see. Some of it is for crew parties. Some of it is for special recognition by the cruise management. Some of it is monetary.

If you are already a Cruise Critic member, please log in with your existing account information or your email address and password.