Wehwalt

Members
Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Wehwalt's Achievements

3,000+ Club

3,000+ Club (8/20)

1. As I understand it, it is the standard fee for the airline. We looked at changing a post-cruise flight in February, after we had made final payment, and spoke both with Flight Ease and with the airline. It was the standard change fee for the airline plus the difference in fares. We stayed with the original booking.
  2. They would have done well to contact the cabin attendants for that cabin, since of course they had put the bags in the room. And could have examined the name on the bag tags and either given them back after checking names on ship's cards or elevated things to their supervisor. Indeed, I'm surprised the cabin attendants did not approach two upset passengers they saw hovering by a cabin they were assigned to and ask how they could help. Easier to look at it from the comfort of my kitchen table, I guess!
  3. Make sure you plan out how you're going to use public transportation if you're going into Nice or the taxi drivers will hold you for ransom.
  4. It sounds like HAL, in common with many travel providers, is getting more sophisticated in how it prices, not necessarily to our benefit. That's life in 2024, I guess.
  5. President's Club also may eat breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill on non-Pinnacle ships. As Neptune Suite guests, we ate there almost every morning of the Grand World Voyage segment we were on in January.
  6. It's hard to say, depends on the ship and what's right above. Being below the ping pong table was less than great. Assume the worst and decide if the money's worth it.
  7. Suggest port when going Atlantic to Pacific and starboard the other way so as to be able to view the people watching you at the Miraflores Visitor Center. Assuming full passage and original locks. Otherwise, as one who has been through eight times and will do a ninth in 2026, I haven't found that much advantage to either side.
  8. Sorry for these troubles, but I'd say that the title of this thread assumes far more bad faith than I'd feel justified in attributing to HAL. There doesn't seem to be bait and switch, but there does seem to be a little bit of clickbait.
  9. I don't know if you are limiting yourself to HAL but Princess's Island Princess is doing LA-Australia round trip beginning in March 2026.
  10. The beverage package was available at a discounted rate if you were on for the full grand voyage or a segment of at least 50 days.
  11. On our recent back to back on Oosterdam, we received the Vista class tile on the first segment and the 150th on the second. One for each of us. We did not take them with us. The only ones I think we would keep if it was voyage specific, like the one we have from the final voyage of the old Statendam.
  12. I'd also like to see a copy of the letter. But it seems like exceptionally generous compensation, given no ports were missed and the weather there is always chancy, you might wind up seeing little but fog.