Wine Package

kenmerloo

The Princess web site lists the available beverage packages, however, there does not appear to be any wine package, other than the all inclusive package. Anybody know if the five bottle wine package has been discontinued ?

Thank you

On cruises 10 days or longer there is a wine package. There are two plans. Silver allows you to pick any wines that are $29 or less. Cost is (I think) $24 per bottle for 7 bottles, $22 for ten bottles and $20 for 12 bottles.

The second is the gold plan. Max price is $45 and the price per bottle is around $30.

The Princess web site lists the available beverage packages, however, there does not appear to be any wine package, other than the all inclusive package. Anybody know if the five bottle wine package has been discontinued ?

Thank you

It appears that on some cruises it is not available because of supply issues, so I assume the don't allow pre-order because of that possibility. But maybe I'm just too logical!

In any event, in our last three cruises of longer than 10 days, we have always been able to get the wine package (Gold). We purchased ours in the main dining rooms at either lunch or dinner. I don't know if you can buy them in bars or at Vines.

We loved the wine package! :)

The details on the wine packages are:

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the dining locations.

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference. For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit

Thank you

Sorry, In my reply I missed your question about a 'five bottle wine package'. I am not familiar with that one, but it does not seem to be available - just the newer 'silver or gold' packages, with 7, 10, or 12 bottle options.

Folks:

We're doing a b2b on regal this coming feb. and wondering if we purchase the 12 bottle package if we can carry over any wine bottles for the second week as I know we would not consume 12 bottles in a week.

We did a B2B (14 & 17 days) on the Golden in March & we purchased the 12 bottle gold package. We had traditional seating at the same table for the entire cruise and had the same waiters. Before purchasing we asked our assistant waiter (the one who got our wine) about the packages being usable on both cruises. He left the dining room to check about it and came back to tell us that we could use it on both cruises.

I have no way to know if this is the standard procedure or if he got permission to allow us to use it during both cruises. I would highly recommend confirming that the wine package will be usable on your B2B cruises. Make sure that you do not lose the wine package card that will have the number of punches you purchased.

If they do not allow you to use the wine package on both cruises an alternative would be to get all of your remaining bottles of wine at the end of your first cruise to bring to the dining room during your second cruise without any additional charges.

Some have posted experiencing difficulties with some of the more expensive wines not being available. I never experienced any problems & a couple of times paid a few dollars more to get a more expensive bottle of wine. Get a receipt for your bottles of wine because some have reported experiencing accounting problems which we did not experience. Check your folio statement to ensure that your bottles are being correctly accounted for on your bill.

I was very happy with our wine package experience and we were able to enjoy many new bottles of wine at a discount.

EDIT: I just noticed that you said for a second "week", so if you're on B2B 7-day cruises the wine package will most likely not be available because it's for 10+ day cruises.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Regarding the Princess Wine package ... What if you have a B2B2B (3 linked cruise segments 5 days+4 days+7days) on the same ship in the same cabin - does anyone know IF we can purchase a wine package on embarkation that can be used during the total 16 days? Would be great to be able to purchase once for the entire cruise. Any info appreciated.

We took advantage of the wine package on a b2b2b (49 days around South America). No problem carrying over the remaining wine to the next leg.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul - Got it! Thanks very much for your prompt reply...good news! Fred

Regarding the Princess Wine package ... What if you have a B2B2B (3 linked cruise segments 5 days+4 days+7days) on the same ship in the same cabin - does anyone know IF we can purchase a wine package on embarkation that can be used during the total 16 days? Would be great to be able to purchase once for the entire cruise. Any info appreciated.

We’d also be very interested to find out if this is available on a B2B (5-day / 7-day, each with its own booking number) on the same ship in the same cabin.

We took advantage of the wine package on a b2b2b (49 days around South America). No problem carrying over the remaining wine to the next leg.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul - Got it! Thanks very much for your prompt reply...good news! Fred

We’d also be very interested to find out if this is available on a B2B (5-day / 7-day, each with its own booking number) on the same ship in the same cabin.

There is a big difference between these scenarios & Paul's...none of the segments are 10 or more days & like mine his were all over the minimum 10 day requirement. It never hurts to ask but it's doubtful if you'll be able to use the wine package.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We purchased ours in the main dining rooms at either lunch or dinner. I don't know if you can buy them in bars or at Vines.

No, you can't purchase them in bars or at Vines. This was the biggest drawback we found to the wine package. Trying to purchase a bottle of wine for the room during the day when neither of the dining rooms were open was next to impossible and the buffet only seemed to have available the lower end wines. We paid for the gold package so why drink Woodbridge or Fetzer?

No, you can't purchase them in bars or at Vines. This was the biggest drawback we found to the wine package. Trying to purchase a bottle of wine for the room during the day when neither of the dining rooms were open was next to impossible and the buffet only seemed to have available the lower end wines. We paid for the gold package so why drink Woodbridge or Fetzer?

Hmmm. Thanks for the info. I wonder if you could order bottles of wine at lunch or dinner and have them delivered to your room? They will often have your left-over desert sent to your room - or they have in the past, anyway.

Hmmm. Thanks for the info. I wonder if you could order bottles of wine at lunch or dinner and have them delivered to your room? They will often have your left-over desert sent to your room - or they have in the past, anyway.

We didn't ask about having the wine delivered to our room. It is not available for purchase through room service. We ended up buying extra bottles at dinner and then carrying them up to the room before going out to see a show (a bit of an inconvenience).

We didn't ask about having the wine delivered to our room. It is not available for purchase through room service. We ended up buying extra bottles at dinner and then carrying them up to the room before going out to see a show (a bit of an inconvenience).

Yes, we did the same thing. I was just thinking how convenient it would be to have it delivered! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like back to square one - IF anyone knows the answer to my question for less than 10 day cruise segment(s) - definitely would appreciate knowing. Thanks all. Fred

There is a big difference between these scenarios & Paul's...none of the segments are 10 or more days & like mine his were all over the minimum 10 day requirement. It never hurts to ask but it's doubtful if you'll be able to use the wine package.

That's kind of what I thought, but I was just hoping that there might just be a possibility....