Norwegian Getaway Western Caribbean

BirdTravels

You don’t want him to switch mid cruise. Friendships are built on the first night. He would be miserable trying to join in mid-cruise. You could try to talk your way into Entourage on day one, but they are usually very strict about that.

That's what I was thinking too, but see above post. I was told by someone else that their son HAD to switch mid-cruise. I can't find anything "official" from NCL. My worry too is that since activites are different days for different age levels, if the basketball free throw contest (for example) is Thursday for 12s and Monday for 13s and he turns 13 on Wednesday then he'd have to miss out on both of them.

Always love your reviews Bird, few words and lots’a pictures! <3

Quick question, did they offer the half price clothes pressing on embarkation day? Looked, but couldn’t find it anywhere in the post.

Yes.

I normally post the 50% off coupon with the fill-a-bag coupon (coming tonight) in these live threads (all things laundry).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREAT info! Thanks for being so thorough. We're taking the kids with us on a cruise for the first time and this will be our ship and itinerary, so it's great seeing the kids' program info. Not a lot of people post that. IF you get the chance, could you ask them a question for me? My son is turning 13 mid-way through the cruise. Does he move up to Entourage on his birthday, or is he stuck with the 12 year old group all week? I've heard many conflicting reports on this.

From NCL website under FAQ kids programs

Children must be at least three (3) years old to participate in Splash Academy based on date of birth at the time of sailing according to the ships manifest. No exceptions can be made. Children under 3 and their parents are welcome to participate in the Guppies Program.

Children turning three (3) years old during the cruise are welcome to register and participate on their birthday.

Children turning six (6) years old during the cruise are welcome to register for and participate in the 6-9 year old age group beginning embarkation evening.

Children turning ten (10) years old during the cruise are welcome to register for and participate in the 10-12 year old age group beginning embarkation evening. Sign in and out privileges* only apply after the child turns 10 years old.

Children turning thirteen (13) years old during the cruise are welcome to register for and participate in the Entourage Program beginning embarkation evening.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The paintings offered are set by NCL HQ by region. The tulips, guitar, and palm trees are pretty common paintings. Never seen the pine trees before.

I saw the pine trees & the flowers in the vase when I was on Getaway in 2016.

[quote=BirdTravels;5677

And for those who can’t live without that diet Mt Dew

d79835fc4c516d643bfc7df26894a8dd.jpg

Is it cash only in the Pepsi machine do you remember the price? I wonder if they have these Pepsi machines on other ships specifically the Sun.

Love your review thanks!

Is it cash only in the Pepsi machine do you remember the price? I wonder if they have these Pepsi machines on other ships specifically the Sun.

Love your review thanks!

Only room key swipes on the ship. I have seen soda machines in the arcades on ships except the Bliss

Final comment on Harvest Caye. The island has little shade and the sun can be brutal. The palm trees will provide shade for a short period. Same with the complimentary umbrellas, has the sun moved, so does your shade.

The clam shells along the back row help helps protect you from the sun. We did not do any excursions on HC, so our $50 paid the entire cost of a clamshell.

Someday shade....

7f5300eaeb1130d91257ec4c0e3f1db7.jpg

Shopping

7ae9b7247135b0d90cf8ba779e5efaf6.jpg

9dd39c337d7614930efac95857b27fa4.jpg

07cbab4d2d936733421a774c3621d083.jpg

c09cebc8af46dbe8206e3dad8196904b.jpg

This looks amazing! Are you the only one on the cruise, haha? From your pics, it looks like that’s possibly the case!

Our Getaway cruise on 9-9-18 will be our first cruise ever, so forgive my ignorance, but I have a couple questions.

Can you bring water and Diet Coke onto the ship (like a 6 or 12pk?

In Belize, is the ship close enough to go back for lunch if you preferred?

Thanks for taking us along on your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This looks amazing! Are you the only one on the cruise, haha? From your pics, it looks like that’s possibly the case!

Our Getaway cruise on 9-9-18 will be our first cruise ever, so forgive my ignorance, but I have a couple questions.

Can you bring water and Diet Coke onto the ship (like a 6 or 12pk?

In Belize, is the ship close enough to go back for lunch if you preferred?

Thanks for taking us along on your trip! ]

No. You may not bring any drinks (except wine) through security. However, early in this thread, I showed where there is a soda machine in the Miami terminal waiting area after security where you can get a soda to being on board.

It’s about a 15 minute walk from the pool/near beach to the ship. If you are on a far beach, the walk could be upwards of 39 minutes.

On Embarkation day, the laundry offers 50% off pressing, next day return.

On Day 5, the laundry offers the $19.95 fill-a-bag special. Two day service returning on the night of Day 7.

You can also do laundry by the piece on next day or same day service.

41cc4eee1ab2d771bd5e07c9d8147e6b.jpg

Final comment on Harvest Caye. The island has little shade and the sun can be brutal. The palm trees will provide shade for a short period. Same with the complimentary umbrellas, has the sun moved, so does your shade.

The clam shells along the back row help helps protect you from the sun. We did not do any excursions on HC, so our $50 paid the entire cost of a clamshell.

Someday shade....

7f5300eaeb1130d91257ec4c0e3f1db7.jpg

I was actually going to ask if you can use the 50$ shore excursion credit towards a clamshell! I’m sooo happy to find this out. Should I just go to guest services on boarding day to choose that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was actually going to ask if you can use the 50$ shore excursion credit towards a clamshell! I’m sooo happy to find this out. Should I just go to guest services on boarding day to choose that?

We went to one of the touch screen kiosks (found next to public elevator lobbies and the Atrium). Select Shore Excursions. Select Harvest Caye. Select Clam Shell. Scan your card. The voucher will be delivered to your room.

Or go to the Shore Excursion desk in the Atrium.

• Like 1