Oasis = boardwalk cabin - shows and wake?

familycruzer

We had 10329 on the Oasis in April and watched all the AT shows from our balcony and enjoyed watching the wake while dining on room service on the balcony. It's great for people watching on the Boardwalk too. It was the perfect location for totally using the stairs and skipping the elevators and working off all the food and beverages you consume during the week. We liked it so much that we've booked the same room for the Alllure. I'm sure the AT suites are fabulous too but just not in our cruise budget. Get out there and ENJOY!

My question also is about Boardwalk balcony cabins. We are on the 14th deck (14307)and wonder if there is an "overhang" above balconies?

I would guess we are too far forward to see the wake.

Here are a couple of photos I found on Webshots to help you visualize your view. 1st is a photo looking up toward deck 14. You can see that there is a slight overhang over those balconies, but not much more than any other deck has. It should not interfere with your view at all. And beneath that is a photo taken from deck 15. The view from deck 14 would be even better than this, and your cabin would be more foreward than where this shot was taken...

2732452280092706180S500x500Q85.jpg

2598121090092706180S500x500Q85.jpg

When sailing do they take those white curtains down, I'm thinking they would catch alot of cross winds.

I can see them being up for the water shows, because there is probably colored lights on them.

??

Jimbo:)

Hmmmmm, I never even noticed those curtains the entire week! When I read your question I actually had to go look at the photos to see what curtains you were referring to! :o I went back and looked through my photo album though, and the curtains were there in all my photos, but I typically only took photos of the Aqua Theater when there WAS a show going on. So I don't really know the answer to your question. But, if you are worried about those curtains being an obstruction of some sort, I'm thinking..."NO" since I didn't even realize they were there! :eek::D

We just returned from the Sept. 4 sailing of Oasis. We had Boardwalk View Balcony cabin 12717, Starboard, seven cabins forward of the stern. We absolutely loved it! We could see all of the shows at the Aquatheater from our balcony. We were directly above Johnny Rockets and could see the dancing waiters and waitresses. We could see everything happening on the the Boardwalk and once the bagpiper played right under our balcony. We could easily see the ocean and the wake. Those curtains are pretty much see-through and did not disturb our view. We also had a great view of the zipliners and the people walking by in front of the miniature golf course. We hope to be able to book a similar cabin on Allure.

correction cabin 12715 not sure where that other number came from

Janet, I just wanted to let you know about the edit feature.

When you submit a post, the "edit" button appears next to the "quote" button in the bottom right corner of your post.

It stays there for approximately 15 minutes. If you want to change something in your post, you don't have to submit a new post. Just click on the "edit" button, make your changes (such as the cabin number) and click on "save".

Voilá! No mistakes. :)

And while in correction mode, if you click advanced mode it lets you adjust smilies and EDIT the title of the thread if you are the OP and are editing the first post of the thread.

No more spelling errors in the title of a thread you created that hangs around for a while.

Are those two tvs used just at the shows or do they show lovies etc ? Thanks

There is almost always something being displayed on those TV's. Yes, they were used during the shows, but they did occasionally show movies, and sometimes they ran the little "cruise in review" sort of snip-its. Other times they may just have beautiful scenes displayed. On a morning or two they had the headline news show televised and you'd see the early birds sitting out there with their coffee and donuts, watching the news. We enjoyed being able to see the TV's from our boardwalk balcony.

Can you see the aqua shows from your balcony if you pick a boardwalk view cabin near the back?

What view of the wake can you get? I am a huge aft/wake fan and the Oasis design has no cabins that I could ever afford totally aft.

In two weeks I will be in a boardwalk cabin port side 5 from the aft on deck 10 10321 so will post photos of that when I get back.

Just wanted to try a unique cabin and compare. I am looking forward to it :)

Great photos Bonnie...

We considered the boardwalk balcony cabins as the location seemed fun. After looking at some photos we were concerned about the TOTAL lack of any privacy. (loved Merion Mom’s recent photo of the underwear someone hung out to dry!)

While I know the no balcony provides total privacy the thought of looking out to see all the other rooms did not appeal to me. I was also concerned (after having a promenade cabin on the Mariner) that the folks across the way can also see in if you forget to draw the curtains.

I had a boardwalk cabin booked and changed to a D3 a few weeks ago.

M

We had 11233 on Oasis last Feb and loved it everything that has been said by posters is true. We booked 9723 this Feb thought it would give us a closer veiw of the aqua shows.

Do you think you would hear more noise from the boardwalk in a lower cabin though? We just off Carnival Dream and all its cabins are looking down on the lanai and we were high enough up (deck 12) it was not an issue but on deck 6 or 7 it would have been.

We considered the boardwalk balcony cabins as the location seemed fun. After looking at some photos we were concerned about the TOTAL lack of any privacy. (loved Merion Mom’s recent photo of the underwear someone hung out to dry!)

While I know the no balcony provides total privacy the thought of looking out to see all the other rooms did not appeal to me. I was also concerned (after having a promenade cabin on the Mariner) that the folks across the way can also see in if you forget to draw the curtains.

I had a boardwalk cabin booked and changed to a D3 a few weeks ago.

M

I've read many posts about people being concerned about the lack of privacy. But, for us it was just a non-issue. No one can actually see IN your cabin during daylight hours. The cabin is only visible at night if your lights are on and curtains are wide open. But, every cruise I've been on, the cabin steward has closed our drapes when he does the evening turn-down and we typically just leave them closed when we come back at night to get ready for bed and open them in the morning.

As far as privacy when being out on our boardwalk balcony...well that was the whole point of booking that category...so we could sit out and watch the shows and people-watch :D We really almost never saw any of our neighbors out on their balcony other than when a show was going on and then they were watching the show, not us! ;)

There is almost always something being displayed on those TV's. Yes, they were used during the shows, but they did occasionally show movies, and sometimes they ran the little "cruise in review" sort of snip-its. Other times they may just have beautiful scenes displayed. On a morning or two they had the headline news show televised and you'd see the early birds sitting out there with their coffee and donuts, watching the news. We enjoyed being able to see the TV's from our boardwalk balcony.

Thanks! Glad you underrstood my mistyping enought to know what I meant, lol. Ive been working non stop lately and am bone tired.

Did the Tv cause an issue Ie noise?

Thanks! Glad you underrstood my mistyping enought to know what I meant, lol. Ive been working non stop lately and am bone tired.

Did the Tv cause an issue Ie noise?

If you mean did it cause noise in the cabin, the answer is "not much". The TV itself wasn't very loud and was never on late at night, but when it WAS on, it could be heard somewhat muted in the background from inside the cabin.

When there were aqua shows going on, you could definitely hear that noise inside the cabin. But again, the shows were not held every night and never went late into the night. We usually went out on the balcony and watched whatever was going on, so it never bothered us anyway. After 11:30p.m. we never heard a peep inside our cabin, and slept like babies.

The ambient noise from the Boardwalk itself was truly a non-issue too. With the cabin door closed, I don't think we could hear the boardwalk noises at all (i.e. the carousel, Johnny Rocket's music, the general noise of the crowds, etc...).

So, other than during the aquashows (which were only held 3 nights I think), the boardwalk balcony cabins were pretty quiet.

Archived