Journey/Obstructed view cabins?

JennJohnNYC

According to their website:

All category 07 staterooms have a panorama window with an obstructed view.

All category 08 staterooms have a porthole instead of a window.

Cat. 7 cabins on deck 6 where the lifeboats are suspended.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000vAKQbueUChwdYRomhKeqo60:1028etqv2?shipCode=JR&deckCode=06&sailDate=1070505

http://www.freefoto.com/preview.jsp?id=1550-15-5&k=Pullmantur+Cruise+Ship+Blue+Dream%2C+Venice%2C+Italy

thank you for sharing the webshots link! Besides the pullmantur website, these are the only pics i've seen! Thanks again!

thank you for sharing the webshots link! Besides the pullmantur website, these are the only pics i've seen! Thanks again!

You're welcome, but after browsing some other sites, I realized that I posted the wrong picture .... this looks quite different:

http://www.freefoto.com/preview.jsp?id=1550-15-5&k=Pullmantur+Cruise+Ship+Blue+Dream%2C+Venice%2C+Italy

You're welcome, but after browsing some other sites, I realized that I posted the wrong picture .... this looks quite different:

ah hah... this looks more like the one on the pullmantur website... this is it! THANKS! however, the first webshot link was pretty close... :)

THANKS AGAIN!

If these cabins are the same as the OV ones on Oceania and Renaissance were, the obstructed view cabins are only 140 sq feet vs 160 sq feet for outsides. There is no sofa. I'm booked in cat 8 outside, and as Captain's Club gets me an upgrade to cat 7 which are these OV cabins. I don't want it, I'd rather be lower down on the ship in a bigger cabin.

Can anyone tell me if cabin 7117 on the Journey will be obstructed or not. In the pictures it looks like it may be.

nope, it isn't... you're in a different category than 07 and 08... you're all the way in the back... it looks like obstructions are mostly mid-ship...

when you go on your cruise, let us know how it went! :)

• 1 month later...

is the last cabin on the starboard side.

If that's the one you are concerned about, the view is partially obstructed. Not by the life boats but by the shape of the hull.

Take a look at the pic.

252638342_LastCabin-1s.jpg.c343eea5aaca4eec8b9653d288230d97.jpg

If these cabins are the same as the OV ones on Oceania and Renaissance were, the obstructed view cabins are only 140 sq feet vs 160 sq feet for outsides. There is no sofa. I'm booked in cat 8 outside, and as Captain's Club gets me an upgrade to cat 7 which are these OV cabins. I don't want it, I'd rather be lower down on the ship in a bigger cabin.

I was advised by my TA that there are NO Captain's Club upgrades for Azamara. Perhaps you'll find differently. I am currently booked in these cabins but will retreat to deck 3 (and cheaper).

I'm booked into 7117. Is this cabin less desirable due to the hull obstruction? Has anyone been in the cabin or have an opinion?

Thanks!

We were in 7115 on Oceania ship ...we could see the balcony of 7117(leaning over the rail) and it did not appear to be obstructed.

The top part of the hull is sloped but does not appear to hamper your view from the chairs or railing.

Archived