Cape liberty arrival and pick up times

My family and I are going to be on explorer of the seas to bermuda June 14 out of Bayonne. We never cruised from this port before. We're going to be taking a car service from Northeast PA to the port. The driver needs times that we need to be there and picked up. Does anyone know what time I should tell the driver to pick us up at the port after the cruise? Is there anything else I need to know? Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My family and I are going to be on explorer of the seas to bermuda June 14 out of Bayonne. We never cruised from this port before. We're going to be taking a car service from Northeast PA to the port. The driver needs times that we need to be there and picked up. Does anyone know what time I should tell the driver to pick us up at the port after the cruise? Is there anything else I need to know? Thank you!

I'd plan to be dropped at the terminal at 11am.

For pick-up after the cruise, we had the lowest numbered luggage tags and were ready for pick up at 8:30am. If you do self-assist, then 7:45am to 8am would work.

I am traveling from the northeast as well - but we plan on parking our car. I dont know your circumstances but parking is a great option. We never had a problem leaving our car there before. The drive for us is approx 2 hours.

I'm going on this cruise too!!! :D

My edocs say you have to turn up at a specific time for whatever deck your are on. As I'm on deck 2, I apparently have to board at 2:00pm.

Can I ignore this? I think my hotel kicks me out at 11.00

I'm going on this cruise too!!! :D

My edocs say you have to turn up at a specific time for whatever deck your are on. As I'm on deck 2, I apparently have to board at 2:00pm.

Can I ignore this? I think my hotel kicks me out at 11.00

yes....you can ignore it......

Sailed out of there in March....Arrived about 11:00 a.m. ...line was long getting into the drop off area, but it is what it is and you just have to be patient as with any port.

Upon the return, we asked the driver to be back around 8:30 a.m. Give him your cell number and have him text you when he's outside the port area (I believe this is where the car services wait). Once you clear customs, just text him and let him know which door you are by (there are large numbers above the canvan tent doors). I also told him what sweatshirt I was wearing as there are tons of people there. If you can text with your driver it will make it so much easier to be picked up! Just a suggestion.

What airport is the best. We want to go to NY for two days prior.

Have never been there. What would you suggest for arrival, hotel and tour recommendation

The closest airport to fly into would be Newark Airport (EWR). You can arrive at the port around 11:30 as they will not allow anyone to board till noon. Rooms won't be ready till 1:30. As far as hotels and tours, check out the forum on cc under North American Homeports, then East Coast Departures, plenty of info there.

What airport is the best. We want to go to NY for two days prior.

Have never been there. What would you suggest for arrival, hotel and tour recommendation

There are a few hotels in the Elizabeth area that are conveniently located, and have free shuttles from the airport. There are also restaurants and a mall within walking distance.

Where can you catch a taxi at this port after the cruise? Are there ample taxi's waiting or do you need to call for one?

Ample taxis and shuttles to the airport waiting.

Guest maddycat

On our cruise earlier this month we got off the ship at 9:30, got our luggage and were through customs and in our car by 10:00. We're Diamond crown & anchor members and as a result were one of the earliest numbers to depart the ship. We did not do self-disembarkation.