Small gifts

twinsx2mom

Why would you assume that your cabin stewards are Christians or celbrate Christmas?

Cabin stewards don't want gifts. 3000 passengers a week on the ship. 156000 passengers a year on the ship. Where does one put all these gifts?

Give them cash so they can send it home to feed and educate their families.

Most veteran cruisers will tell you that the steward's cabins are very small and they don't have room for knick knacks.

Therefore, the best "gift" you can give them, if you are so inclined is cash so they can use it how they want.

Very nice of you to think about the crew and awarding them extra for a job well done!

Thanks all. We ALWAYS tip over and above as we see how hard they work. I like the phone card idea. Was wondering if maybe there is some type of candy or sweet they might enjoy--besides the extra tip we always leave.

I wasn't assuming the crew was Christian or celebrating Christmas--rather, I was wanting to share the joy of our season with those trying so hard to make our vacation wonderful.

the [crew] cabins are very small and they don't have room for knick knacks.

Therefore, the best "gift" you can give them, if you are so inclined is cash so they can use it how they want.

Yes! Very true... just youtube it!

Besides the tip I give them at the end of the week, a day into the cruise I take his picture. Then I have it developed (less than 20 cents), and pick it up at the photo Kiosk.

On the Pride they gave me a folder to put it in. I handed it to the Steward on the last day with the cash peeking out. He said he is going to send the picture back to his family.

Melanie

Thanks all. We ALWAYS tip over and above as we see how hard they work. I like the phone card idea. Was wondering if maybe there is some type of candy or sweet they might enjoy--besides the extra tip we always leave.

I wasn't assuming the crew was Christian or celebrating Christmas--rather, I was wanting to share the joy of our season with those trying so hard to make our vacation wonderful.

Still believe cash is best, what if they do not like sweets?

So give them a bag of Christmas M&M's with a $10 (or $20) bill attached.

While cash may be king, it is sweet that you want to do something for them. I am sure anything you gift them with will be appreciated. And even if they can't use it, surely they can use the item as a trade or regift to another crew member.. JMO... Jessica

Besides the tip I give them at the end of the week, a day into the cruise I take his picture. Then I have it developed (less than 20 cents), and pick it up at the photo Kiosk.

On the Pride they gave me a folder to put it in. I handed it to the Steward on the last day with the cash peeking out. He said he is going to send the picture back to his family.

Melanie

Very cool idea. I'm sure he and his family really appreciated it.

We are going on a Christmas cruise and other than tipping extra, I plan on baking some cookies to give out to the crew. Hopefully they will appreciate something homemade since they are away from their families during the holidays.

I've heard they like phone cards

the biggest waste of money. Crew members now have cell phones. and the few members that use phone cards get them cheaper because they know where to get them.

Lots of phone cards we get here in the states-- can not be used in the ports at the pier or they can nto be used to connect to their home countries.

Give them cash and let them buy their own phone cards.

They do not want your home state tee shirts, hats, etc.

they have no place for our post cards from places they never will see.

Yes, they will look very pleased coz you thought of them-- thats their job.

Archived