Horizontal Interior Cabin on Vision?

kftw

I was assigned what I call a sideways cabin on the Brilliance where there are two of them on deck 3. Don't know if the Vision cabins are the same, but I'd but they are similar.

I loved the cabin. It was much larger than a regular inside - I measured it at about 190 sq ft. The door was in the middle of one side. As you entered the bathroom was on the left with a door parallel to the entry door and on the right there was several feet of nothing and then the wardrobe in the corner. The bed was on the back right facing the wardrobe. Straight ahead was a love seat and the desk and drawers were perpendicular to the bathroom on the left wall.

The overall effect was the illusion of a ton of space as you walked in the door. The desk space was tight, but I didn't care about that. The cabin never felt cramped.

I was assigned what I call a sideways cabin on the Brilliance where there are two of them on deck 3. Don't know if the Vision cabins are the same, but I'd but they are similar.

I loved the cabin. It was much larger than a regular inside - I measured it at about 190 sq ft. The door was in the middle of one side. As you entered the bathroom was on the left with a door parallel to the entry door and on the right there was several feet of nothing and then the wardrobe in the corner. The bed was on the back right facing the wardrobe. Straight ahead was a love seat and the desk and drawers were perpendicular to the bathroom on the left wall.

The overall effect was the illusion of a ton of space as you walked in the door. The desk space was tight, but I didn't care about that. The cabin never felt cramped.

Thank you. You have given me a good visual and I am more comfortable having this type of cabin.

What cabin number are you looking at on Vision? The two cat Q cabins on deck 3 look like they could be sideways cabins, but the other two cat N and M cabins indicate they have Pullman beds. The cabin I had only held two people with no sofa beds or Pullmans.

Thank you. You have given me a good visual and I am more comfortable having this type of cabin.

I too find these cabin layouts (deck 7 & 8) seemingly nicer/bigger than those same M interiors on decks 2&3 for some reason

In this photo I am standing beside the bed looking back at the clothes closet (center) and the bathroom (behind the mirror on the left). Immediately to the left of the mirror, and basically even with the the coffee table is the door out to the hallway.

DSC02920_zps21ca22b6.jpg

And here it is looking back from the mirror/desk area to the bed. The door to the hallway is to the right, even with the coffee table. Note the extra full height closet there on the right. SO the door out to the hallway is between that full length closet and the mirror to the immediate bottom right

DSC02919_zps8eb589e9.jpg

I too find these cabin layouts (deck 7 & 8) seemingly nicer/bigger than those same M interiors on decks 2&3 for some reason

In this photo I am standing beside the bed looking back at the clothes closet (center) and the bathroom (behind the mirror on the left). Immediately to the left of the mirror, and basically even with the the coffee table is the door out to the hallway.

DSC02920_zps21ca22b6.jpg

And here it is looking back from the mirror/desk area to the bed. The door to the hallway is to the right, even with the coffee table. Note the extra full height closet there on the right. SO the door out to the hallway is between that full length closet and the mirror to the immediate bottom right

DSC02919_zps8eb589e9.jpg

Please note the lower right corner of the bed. We had one of these cabins on the Rhapsody, and there is no room to walk to that side of the bed. I was crawling across the bed to get to that side of the bed. Not a cruise-breaker, but definitely inconvenient.

Thank you so much for posting the pictures. It really helps. We have two cabins on deck 7 for 5 people. One of the rooms has a Pullman. I think it's going to be a tight squeeze for three adults but now we can be a little more prepared by what to expect.

Thanks again for the pics.

I had one of these side-way cabins on the Grandeur in March. [deck 8] It was smaller than the picture shown above. For example, the TV was not mounted on the wall [set on desk/vanity] and the chair was placed against the diagonal wall that has the bathroom on the other side. In fact, there was no narrow/tall closet. I am sure my cabin was smaller.

Yes--one person must step over the mattress to get out unless you separate the beds.

PS--I put the coffee table in the closet to get it out of the way.

Was this pic from Vision? If so ignore my comments.:o

Personally, I'd hold out for the VERTICAL interior cabin. :p

I keed, I keed.

Me too. I was in a horizontal cabin on a cabin crawl and didn't like it at all. I would take it if it was the last interior cabin on the ship available, but not otherwise. JMO

Gwen :)