New Menus?

gazingm42

DW was on the phone today making arrangements for her 45 day letter

she got.

The was a recording on customer relations line of new shows and menus.

Does any have info on this?

A few weeks ago Wennfred was on the Freedom and told us that there was a new Master Chef that Carnival was using. He said the food was much better than before.

I'm not sure which ships are using the new menus yet and when it will be rolled out to all the ships.

We were on the Freedom just after Fred got off. Yes, the menus were changed from when we sailed in December. Food was definitely better, and some different choices were added. My hat is off to the new chef!

OK....

So do we know did the add and delete items.

Please tell me they left the coconut shrimp on the menu.

Or was is a update of new items.

Has anyone yet posted menus?

Do we know if this was across the fleet.

I curious if the Spirit will be changed in the next 6 weeks?

OK....

So do we know did the add and delete items.

Please tell me they left the coconut shrimp on the menu.

Or was is a update of new items.

Has anyone yet posted menus?

Do we know if this was across the fleet.

I curious if the Spirit will be changed in the next 6 weeks?

No coconut shrimp and the Spirit Class will be the last to get the new menus as Master Chef Andrew DeSosa is currently touring the Conquest class this month.

He started with the Fantasy class and is now on the Conquest class starting with the Freedom. While onboard Freedom our waiter Leo was constantly changing out the menus every day because there was something added or removed from the menus.

Also they did away with calling the lower section of the menus Alternative Selections and changed it to Carnival's Classics. On Paradise I ordered the N.Y. Sirloin steak from the Carnivals Classics part of the menu.

Fred

No coconut shrimp and the Spirit Class will be the last to get the new menus as Master Chef Andrew DeSosa is currently touring the Conquest class this month.

He started with the Fantasy class and is now on the Conquest class starting with the Freedom. While onboard Freedom our waiter Leo was constantly changing out the menus every day because there was something added or removed from the menus.

Also they did away with calling the lower section of the menus Alternative Selections and changed it to Carnival's Classics. On Paradise I ordered the N.Y. Sirloin steak from the Carnivals Classics part of the menu.

Fred

Fred, do you think with the Splendor going into service in July for the first time, that she could possibly have the new menu?

Fred

Please tell me they haven't taken off the beef wellington!!!!!!!

No coconut shrimp.... please tell me its not true.

I am so disappointed.

So do we know how long it will take them for the new menus to be fleetwide?

They do have the large Sweet and Sour Shrimps, those look like they might be breaded with Coconuts if thats the plate you are talking about??? Those are very very good, I usually order 2 of those. They also have the beef wellington.

Fred

Fred, do you think with the Splendor going into service in July for the first time, that she could possibly have the new menu?

Yes, I'm sure that Splendor will have the newest of the menus, as soon as she departs Italy, also since all of Carnival's Top Brass will be onboard, Im sure that Andrew DeSosa will probably be on her maiden voyage as well to ensure everything is done right.

Fred

As I was reading this thread I noticed someone said they have or had coconut shrimp. Does anyone know if they ever serve shrimp scampi?

My cruise is 2 months away and right now I'm dieting, or trying to:o to slim down alittle for the cruise, I know I'll put it right back on though from what I've heard. A week of great food and me not having to cook it is heaven to me.:D

I think this is all great news!!! We have always loved the food on Carnival...but after 5 years of the same things...it was time for a significant change. Hope he makes it to the Valor by July!

I love coconut shrimp, and it definitely was not on the menu, or I would have ordered it. (maybe 2 portions of it!!) We ate in the dining room every night, so we didn't "miss" it. They have now added ribs to the "Carnival Classics", so you could order them every night, if you wish. They were pretty tasty.

We just sailed on the Triumph (4/12), and they were the same menus as our previous cruises. We're sailing on the Victory in August and wondering if there will be new menus. Are the George Blanc items being replaced? I usually order his items from the menu, but I'm looking forward to trying something new.:)

We just sailed on the Triumph (4/12), and they were the same menus as our previous cruises.

Freedom is the first of the big ships and he will be working his way down, George Blanc Bland tasteless menus will slowly disappear.

Fred

They do have the large Sweet and Sour Shrimps, those look like they might be breaded with Coconuts if thats the plate you are talking about??? Those are very very good, I usually order 2 of those. They also have the beef wellington.

Fred

Fred,

These are the ones I am talking about. I order 2 of these as well. Good

to hear.

One late night after dinner we cut thur the lido deck and saw they were

serving the shrimps there. Boy we were in heaven.... :)

Glad to hear about the beef wellington, DS will be happy.

Fred, I just booked the Paradise for June 6 for quick get away for DH and myself. Did the Paradise have the new menu yet when you sailed her a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks

Number1cruiser

Yes, Paradise did have the new menus, on this ship I found the Fried Mozzarella for starters which is one of my favorites and also they added the words Honey Roasted with their Honey Roasted Spring Ranch Chicken entree which was also a favorite. Onboard Freedom I dont think it was called Honey Roasted.

Fred

I think this is all great news!!! We have always loved the food on Carnival...but after 5 years of the same things...it was time for a significant change. Hope he makes it to the Valor by July!

It's already on the Valor! There were definitely some new things, but most of the stuff stayed the same. I had a great Indian appetizer the last night - a nutty chicken finger in a spicy sauce and salad greens on a pita. Delicious!

Georges Blanc items were still available including Bitter and Blanc. Warm Chocolate Melting Cake was also available every night.

Archived