C&A Membership - how many?

I'm sure I read somewhere that it is one of the largest loyalty programs - any one got any idea how many members it has please?

How does it compare to Marriott or Hilton program members?

Are you asking how many in UK or overall ?

If overall...maybe someone over the pond could do a live chat with C&A and ask them ?

Any volunteers ?:D

Very true :D

So if there were 3 chats done..perhaps we could add the numbers all together and divide by 3 :confused::D

hmmmmm..........me thinks you'll need a better average than that. Plus, you may want to wait until during the week.........seems that the weekend help is not always up to snuff on things, if you get my drift!!:p

I'm sure I read somewhere that it is one of the largest loyalty programs - any one got any idea how many members it has please?

How does it compare to Marriott or Hilton program members?

I am sure that none of the cruise lines have a loyalty program as large as Marriott or Hilton, but it wouldn't surprise me that RCCL has one of the largest of any cruise line.

I would think Princess would be similar to RCCL in terms of size, but it wouldn't surprise me if both Princess and RCCL have a larger Loyalty Program than Carnival. I have noticed Carnival has a lot of first time cruisers but it doesn't seem to have the brand loyalty that Princess (owned by Carnival) and RCCL have developed. I have no scientific numbers to back that statement up but it would be interesting to find out what the actual numbers are.

I have no idea how many members, but I'm always surprised how many passengers we speak to on the ships that have never heard of C&A. We always tell people that they should sign up.

Julie

Just came off the Brilliance Med. cruise 2 weeks ago. At one of the parties (can't remember if it was Diamond or Welcome Back party) it was mentioned that the Loyalty program had 5.5 million members. No other mention of how many in each category or any demographic info given.

I was told by a senior member of C&A that Royal Caribbean has now just over 6.5 million members.

I don't know the tier breakdown, but was also told that there are only 109 members with over 100 cruises, 7 with over 200 cruises, and 2 with over 300 cruises.

Don't hold me to it, but that is what I was told!;)

Rick

I was told by a senior member of C&A that Royal Caribbean has now just over 6.5 million members.

I don't know the tier breakdown, but was also told that there are only 109 members with over 100 cruises, 7 with over 200 cruises, and 2 with over 300 cruises.

Rick

You're breakdown figures sound about right.....and we are talking cruise credits. In fact, it was 108 until you and Bobbie reached your 100th cruise credit last week. Congratulations!!:D

Rick

Thanks for this.

• 2 weeks later...
You're breakdown figures sound about right.....and we are talking cruise credits. In fact, it was 108 until you and Bobbie reached your 100th cruise credit last week. Congratulations!!:D

Aren't Rick and Bobbie two people? :p That would mean it was 107. Or are couples counted as a single person. :rolleyes:

It gets confusing when cruises are really cruise credits and couples are one member. ;)

Gina

Aren't Rick and Bobbie two people? :p That would mean it was 107. Or are couples counted as a single person. :rolleyes:

It gets confusing when cruises are really cruise credits and couples are one member. ;)

Gina

I think that couples are considered as 1.

Example, Rick said 7 are over 200. I know 4 couples that have 200+ which would make 8 people....they were on our Jewel TA.

I am sure that none of the cruise lines have a loyalty program as large as Marriott or Hilton, but it wouldn't surprise me that RCCL has one of the largest of any cruise line.

I would think Princess would be similar to RCCL in terms of size, but it wouldn't surprise me if both Princess and RCCL have a larger Loyalty Program than Carnival. I have noticed Carnival has a lot of first time cruisers but it doesn't seem to have the brand loyalty that Princess (owned by Carnival) and RCCL have developed. I have no scientific numbers to back that statement up but it would be interesting to find out what the actual numbers are.

I have a feeling that Carnival may be more. With RCCL you have to physically sign up with Crown and Anchor yourself in order to be included. Whereas with Carnival's program, they do it automatically. I have been on one Carnival ship and they have already issued me a loyalty number. With Royal I had to do it myself.

A lot of people don't know about Crown & Anchor- so I'm sure there are repeaters not earning credit.

I think that couples are considered as 1.

Example, Rick said 7 are over 200. I know 4 couples that have 200+ which would make 8 people....they were on our Jewel TA.

I think you're right. Otherwise each couple would get 2 free cruises for their 100 cruise credits. We know most couple don't have the same amount of cruise credits. One is just getting all the benefits for the other. When the other reached 100, they'd get to do it all over again. :)

Gina

I have a feeling that Carnival may be more. With RCCL you have to physically sign up with Crown and Anchor yourself in order to be included. Whereas with Carnival's program, they do it automatically. I have been on one Carnival ship and they have already issued me a loyalty number. With Royal I had to do it myself.

A lot of people don't know about Crown & Anchorso I'm sure there are repeaters not earning credit- .

I think you are right. People are the same way with flying and hotels. Many don't sign up for the loyalty programs because they don't see themselves using the company often enough for it to be of any benefit.

Gina

Just off the Liberty and the Captain stated that there were over 5 million Crown and Anchor members. We remember the number because he mentioned that the number of C&A members exceeded the population of Norway.

Edit: Sorry! I see that others have mentioned similar numbers.

Archived