Orient Beach

I don't have much to offer except to say we're going there in july on EOS... I was there two years ago and it was the most gorgous beach ever.. The scenery of the water, islands is unbelievably beautiful. Its "some" of the surrounding nudists that ruin the sights.. I am NO snob at all, just some of the shapes we saw should have had something covering but ... to each his own.. I do not have the bikini shape and you wouldn't catch me dead wearing nothing.I , like everyone else glanced and chose to turn my head. It didn't ruin my trip. I have to say honestly that for all those men expecting to see these "perfect bodied women"... You will be disappointed.. At least it goes for the day we were there. We had rented scooters in town and found our way there with another couple and had a blast.... Almost ran over a goat coming down a hill.... It was quite funny ... Not to his owner though... Also passed the most beautiful Horse farm right on the sea.. Lucky animals...

We plan on doing the "Afternoon beach bash" tour through RCCL... Just to play it safe with times...

This time around I'm going with my Mother and Almost teenage son, obviosly not going for the nudity.. just the beautiful beach..

Have a great time....

Orient beach. One half are the 'naturists" who are TOTALLY nude. The other half is MOSTLY TOTALLY NUDE.

While it is indeed a beautiful location, the people are generally NOT. On our taxi ride over, we had folks insisting that "you came into the world this way, so what's wrong with it?"

I also came into the world totally dependant on others, drooling and crapping my pants, but it's no excuse to do it now.

I'm NO PRUDE (they call they separation the "nudes and the prudes", but the '"nudes" clearly go out of their way to parade their flabby, disgusting (IMHO) bodies in YOUR FACE!!!!!) We're talkin' where several HAD to SQUEEZE in between our loungers to go from one section or another. Well I'm sorry, but I was wearing a bathing suit, and you could see that they were SCANNING FOR "dressed" PEOPLE to do this to!

I THOUGHT they were really baggy shorts the old guy was wearing...until I realized is was his BUTT that he joyously cozied up against my wife's face as he sashayed SLOWLY between our chairs.

Given one more hour and two more rum punches, I probably would have stripped also.

One thing I can say however, I feel MUCH happier with my body than I ever would have, prior to this display. Many of the young girls around us were laughing, having no clue as to the "shrinkage factor" (cold water, as previously discussed on Seinfeld).

St. Martin (or San Maartan to snobbies) is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! But Orient Bay is a MARKETING tool to appeal to horny old men.

Facing the ocean, the furthest to the right is the nudist resort. So the further to the left you go, you shouldn't see a lot of nudity. You may see an occasional topless woman walk by. This summer we only saw 1 nude male walking on the beach. Here is a panaroma of the beach. http://home.carolina.rr.com/edsandra/OrientPanorama.htm

I recommend going to either Bikini's or Kon Tiki. Just ask the taxi driver to take you there and arrange for a time to be picked up. There are links to the restaurants and the prices should be listed to rent an umbrella and chair. I think it was $8? for the chair and $5 for the umbrella. The taxi ride is about $6pp one way. Hope this helps. My DH and I love this beach - the view, the sand, the water (waves). At Bikini's you can rent the waverunners or pay to swim out to a water trampoline. There is also parasailing. You can also have a henna tatoo done at Bikini's. A little further down on the right you can have a massage. Great, great beach. You'll have a wonderful time.

Orient beach. One half are the 'naturists" who are TOTALLY nude. The other half is MOSTLY TOTALLY NUDE.

While it is indeed a beautiful location, the people are generally NOT. On our taxi ride over, we had folks insisting that "you came into the world this way, so what's wrong with it?"

I also came into the world totally dependant on others, drooling and crapping my pants, but it's no excuse to do it now.

I'm NO PRUDE (they call they separation the "nudes and the prudes", but the '"nudes" clearly go out of their way to parade their flabby, disgusting (IMHO) bodies in YOUR FACE!!!!!) .

Boy Steve, I'm sure glad I'm not your wife. I don't think I'd ever measure up to what you think a woman should look like. She must be awfully paranoid whenever she undresses in front of you. Heaven forbid if she doesn't have a tight body, you must make her feel like crap.

To the OP, to the left of the beach there are very few people who stroll along without clothes. Of course that is nothing compared to the clothed people who come down to the Club Orient side (for those of us that chose to 'parade their flabby, digusting bodies', just to look at us.

Get a life.

Lisa

Hey Lisa - We're practically neighbors!

Well said and we'll see you at Orient - the right side! We can't wait to go.

It will be an experience you won't ever forget. The sense of freedom is phenomenal. Make sure you have lunch at Papagayo's and shop at L'Orientique.

Feel free to email me!

Lisa

In the Rubinesque (spelling?) days of the great European artists, the "full figured women" were the most beautiful and sought after women. The skinny ones were considered "ugly". The artists loved to paint their beautiful models, of whom grace the walls of great cathedrals, in very undressed fashion.

To each their own.

It is the mind that is beautiful, and a shame to waste.

Cheers!

Then don't go. And if you go, don't look. It is a clothing optional beach, you will see nudity. You know that. And no one needs anyone's permission to take off their clothes at this beach, regardless of their state of perfection. You also know that. Period.

We had rented scooters in town and found our way there with another couple and had a blast.... Almost ran over a goat coming down a hill..

Have a great time....

How does the scooter situation work?

Cost?

Are you responsible for theft?

Where do you park the scooter when going to the beach?

Easy to get to the shopping areas, then back to the ship, and then out to the beach and back? Far distance?

Thanks

Sometimes Americans forget they are visitors in other places that don’t necessarily share in our opinions.

Many people, especially Europeans, visit St. Maarten. Since it is half French, they tend to get a lot of people from France and Italy. You have to keep in mind that they think nothing of going topless or sometimes nude. It is not a “creepy thing” as it is here.

I had an interesting conversation with some on my last visit there. They said Americans have crazy television and crime dramas that show terrible murders and autopsies…but cant show a breast (Europeans found the Janet Jackson thing pretty funny considering what is on some of our networks). I somewhat agree with that statement.

If this makes people uncomfortable, they should not go to areas where it is an accepted custom (some beaches in the Caribbean, beaches in Europe, and Africa).;)

We ended up at Binkini Beach and loved it. The chairs and umbrella were more expensive then other spots along the beach but nothing that would sent you off the deep end.

We of course saw folks walking by nude from time to time which was really no big deal however the one occasion that we did chuckle to ourselves was seeing a nude guy walking his dog along the beach - we don't see that in Toronto very often!

We love going to Orient Beach, and always spend the day there while on St. Martin. Our favorite places to eat are Waikiki and Kon Tiki. There are showers available to rinse off the salt water, and the scenery is gorgeous. Stay to the right if you are not comfortable with nudity. I am a nurse so it does not bother me at all, but to each his own. Remember, embrace our differences!

I'm NO PRUDE (they call they separation the "nudes and the prudes", but the '"nudes" clearly go out of their way to parade their flabby, disgusting (IMHO) bodies in YOUR FACE!!!!!) We're talkin' where several HAD to SQUEEZE in between our loungers to go from one section or another. Well I'm sorry, but I was wearing a bathing suit, and you could see that they were SCANNING FOR "dressed" PEOPLE to do this to!

I THOUGHT they were really baggy shorts the old guy was wearing...until I realized is was his BUTT that he joyously cozied up against my wife's face as he sashayed SLOWLY between our chairs.

Given one more hour and two more rum punches, I probably would have stripped also.

One thing I can say however, I feel MUCH happier with my body than I ever would have, prior to this display. Many of the young girls around us were laughing, having no clue as to the "shrinkage factor" (cold water, as previously discussed on Seinfeld).

St. Martin (or San Maartan to snobbies) is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! But Orient Bay is a MARKETING tool to appeal to horny old men.

I agree with you DOSP. Laughed like crazy about the drooling , crappying comments!!

I'm going in a few weeks ( St. Martin)and although I won't be parading my stuff I expect most of the nudists do exactly like you say, make a point to parade around. I actually would enjoy going to a place to do it but not to be some show for others to look or more importantly to show off.

Lisa, you need to get a life! We all have opinions and by gosh is it ok to express them?

Ok Lisa, so we aren't talking about the 'big boned' ladies or the slightly overweight men with beer bellies( which we all are). We are talking about weird old men and ladies strutting their sagging skin around. This trip is going to be a gas! I'm going to be rolling in the sand taking pictures of these freaks and talking about it when I get back.

Glen

by the way, if you are going totally nude, better "shave" (men and women) this was what surprized me lol. not a prude, but it was enlightening. funny was totally nude and a ball cap, and there were some really buff, and some really wrinkley. to each his own :)

We went there with 2 boys (3&8) and they had a great time playing in the water. My 8 yr old giggled a few times but most people at bikini beach were americans w/suits. We told the kids that we are in another country and they do things different here. Go and have a good time.

RCCL says don't go because the Euros to Dollars will kill you but, they all take US dollars and it is 1 dollar = 1 Euro. A hamburger was $13 though.

Also I got my wife some great jewery in town for a great deal!!

Lisa, you need to get a life! We all have opinions and by gosh is it ok to express them?

Ok Lisa, so we aren't talking about the 'big boned' ladies or the slightly overweight men with beer bellies( which we all are). We are talking about weird old men and ladies strutting their sagging skin around. This trip is going to be a gas! I'm going to be rolling in the sand taking pictures of these freaks and talking about it when I get back.

Glen

Glen, you can express your opinion anywhere, at any time, at least while you're in the U.S.;) That's why I'm free to express mine as well.

I'm sure you must have better things to do on your cruise Glen then to waste your time taking pictures of things you find unattractive don't you? There is a lot better entertainment out there.

Lisa:D

We had rented the scooters in town (shopping area).. The cost I honestly don't remember. I didn't pay, my friend did.

I think it was around $75.00 for a few hours. It was put on a credit card... We drove around the Island (they told us we couldn't get lost).. We did but it was fun... Parts of the island I wish we didn't get lost in, wasn't the nicest area.. We did however find Orient beach and was well worth the trip. You'll see lots of scooters parked there.. There is even a little "trunk" to lock up some stuff if you want. We did and locked it and took the key. Things were fine.

Remember, at orient beach its mostly all tourists .. We never worried about the scooters or anything. We had so much fun on them we even rented them in Nassau, Bahamas.. Their roads are alot more traveled on and was a bit riskier but didn't stop us...

Go for it and have a blast... Make sure you keep your helmets on- you never know when a goat will run out in front of you!

Carrie

Archived