Norwegian epic entertainment vs rccl oasis/allure

elou

Blue Man Group = several nights on the ship

Second City = various shows throughout the week

Cirque Dreams = dinner show extra charge

Blues/Jazz Band = last week was Charlie Love and the Silky Smooth Band (great group

Mexcal Duo = songs throughout the ship various times

Guitarist

Pianist

Magician = Jeff Hobson was great, he did his last show last week and I don't know who is taking his place.

Whoopie Goldberg, Michael Jackson and Jimmy Buffet in the Legends show.

I was talking to Whoopie at one of the bars and she really did look and sound like the real thing and she was really nice to chat with.

Manhattan Jazz Band = in the Manhattan Dining Room several times

Manhattan Singers = show choir type thing did a couple of shows in the Dining room during the week.

DJ

Calypso Band = usually poolside

and I am sure I'm missing something. The shows on the Epic are headliners like you'd see in Vegas. Not the normal production shows that are the norm on the other ships.

I really enjoy the entertainment on the EPIC more than any ship we've been on. We have been on the Allure twice and the Oasis four times. We have been on the EPIC four times and have it booked again for the TA in October. Just seems to me that the EPIC entertainment is more Vegas style than the typical cruise ship entertainment.

We are sailing on our 3rd Epic TA crossing on April the 20th and looking forward to seeing all of our favorite travelers once again..Yea, it is beginning to become an annual affair..With the entertainment afforded it is always fun and our neighbors are tired of hearing us talk about it so they are coming along for the trip so they can find out for themselves.

We will certainly miss the hardest working blues musician in the industry (or at least that's what he says!) Slam Allen as he begins his voyages for NCL on the new Breakaway but we wish him all the best and look forward to sailing with him on the big new boat soon..

Does anyone know if Charlie Love and the Silky Smooth Band are going to be the group playing the Fat Cats Club on the Epic for a while and does anyone know who the Howl at the Moon team are at this time??

they are both very different ships, different feel. i will say i thought the Allure had the best overall food i have ever had on a cruise. cant go wrong with either, but i might give a slight edge to the Allure overall. Merry go 'round on the ocean- how cool is that ??!!

I personally would give the nod to the Oasis/Allure for entertainment. They have Chicago/Hairspray, Aqua Show, Ice Show, and then another good dance number for main entertainment. Epic has Blue Man Group, which I think is just okay, Cirque Show which is good and Legends in Concert. Then both have comedy and majic shows. The entertainment is very good, but I liked the Oasis entertainment better. You will still enjoy it immensley as you have already seen the Oasis/Allure shows numerous times and it will be new to you and as others like Epic entertainment better, you might also. I tend to like Broadway type musicals better than Blue Man Group.

Archived