Keys for two cabins - Please Help

BarbGar

OK our problem is this. Parents are in one room 7688 (Navigator) and two children 15 years old are suppose to be nearby in 7479 (Inside). Initially we were told the 15 year olds could have their own room because it is nearby the parents' room.

Royal Caribbean has now advised one parent has to be assigned to each room for someone to be over 21 in the cabin.

That is fine, except now the mom has a key to the inside room and not the balcony room with the dad, and the daughter has the key to the balcony room and not the inside room.

We were advised by our travel agent that we could just get additional keys at the Purser's Desk for the other rooms. Royal Caribbeans says no additional keys.

Has anyone had this problem? How did you correct it?

Thanks for your help.

After you board the ship, go to the purser's desk and explain you want to switch who is in what cabin. They will redo your Seapass cards for the correct room. Also ask for an extra key for your kids' cabin so you can check on them when needed.

I wonder who at RC said no.

From what I've read on this board when you check in you can request further keys if you need them and assign them as you wish.

The assignments are one thing..... how you occupy the rooms is another. You will still have enough keys; you just need to use the correct keys for going ashore and reboarding after tours as they will be linked to your photo which is taken on first boarding.

When you check in, just tell them who will be where--they don't care once the booking is done, and get the proper keys upon check in. That's the easiest way! No need to go switching around after check in, and having to re-do the seapasses!

OK our problem is this. Parents are in one room 7688 (Navigator) and two children 15 years old are suppose to be nearby in 7479 (Inside). Initially we were told the 15 year olds could have their own room because it is nearby the parents' room.

Royal Caribbean has now advised one parent has to be assigned to each room for someone to be over 21 in the cabin.

That is fine, except now the mom has a key to the inside room and not the balcony room with the dad, and the daughter has the key to the balcony room and not the inside room.

We were advised by our travel agent that we could just get additional keys at the Purser's Desk for the other rooms. Royal Caribbeans says no additional keys.

Has anyone had this problem? How did you correct it?

Thanks for your help.

The problem is the distance between the rooms. To have you kids in another room alone they need to be in the immediate adjoining room(room right next to yours) or directly across from you....that is why they made you have an adult in each room. I have heard that if you go to the pursers deck like mentioned they will give you additional keys....not sure if you could get your wifes name changed to the balcony room though with you or not.

When you check in, just tell them who will be where--they don't care once the booking is done, and get the proper keys upon check in. That's the easiest way! No need to go switching around after check in, and having to re-do the seapasses!

Well thats a great policy:rolleyes:

After you board the ship, go to the purser's desk and explain you want to switch who is in what cabin. They will redo your Seapass cards for the correct room. Also ask for an extra key for your kids' cabin so you can check on them when needed.

I wonder who at RC said no.

From what I've read on this board when you check in you can request further keys if you need them and assign them as you wish.

The assignments are one thing..... how you occupy the rooms is another. You will still have enough keys; you just need to use the correct keys for going ashore and reboarding after tours as they will be linked to your photo which is taken on first boarding.

The times they are a-changin'

On the Liberty in August, they would no longer do the easy thing,

The accounts had to stay in place, the Sea Passes stayed as they were, but they DID give me extra blank keys.

That is probably what RC was telling you on the phone.

Don't plan on getting extra keys at check-in. I tried that on my last cruise in Sept. (wanted my sister to have a key to my room) and was told I had to get extra keys at the Purser's desk on board. It was no problem at all but had to be done once on board.

This is the problem...the location of the cabins.

The kids have to be next door, across the hall or diagonal to the parents cabin or you have to split up the parents/kids.

On our EOS cruise, DH & I had an E1, my 2 boys had a PR across the hall and my daughter had a PR next to the boys. ALL the kids were under 15yo. Because they were across the hall and adjacent to our cabin we had no problem booking it that way. As soon as we got on board I went to the purser's desk and got an extra key for both rooms, no problem.

We are booked on the AOS, and have the exact same cabin configuration.

Archived