Anyone received Aeroplan points for their Cruise with RCCL?

TiggyBear

My wife and I have been on 3 cruises with Royal Caribbean, and after a lot of grief in adding our aeroplan numbers to our reservation. (I think the numbers are added under the Special Comments/Services section of the reservation.) We have yet to receive a single aeroplan mile for our cruise.

Aeroplan site indicates that we should receive 200 aeroplan points per night of cruise. ( e.g 7 night cruise = 1400 aeroplan points).

https://www.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/our_partners/partner_details.do?Partner=RoyalCaribbean

As usual, after spending hours on the phone with Aeroplan and Royal Caribbean in search of the missing miles, Aeroplan said that I should speak to Royal Caribbean, and staff at Royal Caribbean don't have a clue of what Aeroplan is.

Just wondering whether anyone has gone further than us in terms of actually receiving the Aeroplan miles after their cruise.

Or any other suggestions?

TiggyBear

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you should mention this... my wife and I have taken 2 cruises this year and haven't received a single point from Aeroplan. Just got off the Aeroplan web site (which is down at the moment) to see what I could do.. will try again in the AM... 21 days at sea :D is a lot of aeroplan points to give up.

Anyone who has gotten their points, please provide tips/suggestions!

I contacted my TA, who had a similar problem with another client. She said to send Aeroplan proof that you were on the ship (I sent photocopies of our seapass cards, and a photocopy of our account). I made up a letter, also stating that others hadn't been credited, and sent it to the address in Vancouver that is on their website. I just did that 2 days ago!

Wow! I had no idea you could earn Aeroplan points (addiitonal one's) for sailing with RCI :cool: You can be sure I will be on the horn with Aeroplan to find out what documentation is involved - guess it's not enough that we paid our sea pass both cruises with our Aerogold credit card????

Thanks for the heads up.

I have received aeroplan points on my last cruise. There is a special number you have to call to get your cards attached to the cruise.

SunshineCity: Do you remember the number that you called? I received an email from Aeroplan a few months ago stating that if we booked a cruise from certain itineraries that we would get double points. I called my TA who booked for us, gave him our Aeroplan accounts and said RCL knew nothing about it, but that they put the numbers under the "comment/note" section on the reservation. We are sailing Dec 9th Eastern Carib on Voyaguer. Would really like to ensure we get the points. Thanks for your help!!

This is the notice that I got from RCL & Celebrity Cruises

Your can earn 200 aeroplan miles per day when sailing with Celebrity Cruises and Royal Cribbean International. Call and register your aeroplan number at:

for Celebrity Cruises - 1-877-202-2250

for Royal Caribbean - 1-888-437-1889

If this doesn't work, you should contact Aeroplan Directly and tell them that miles were not credited to your account.

Thanks Sunshine! We are leaving in 3 weeks, but I will contact our agent to get our Aeroplan points assigned to our reservation.

That is great!

One question, my husband and I have Aeroplan numbers, can we put our children's fares on our cards?

Seems like there are some bugs in the system. I called RCCL and confirmed that my aeroplan numbers were on both my bookings this year yet zero points. Aeroplan said they couldn't help and suggested I send proof that I cruised to them. Called RCCL and they will send me something to confirm I was on the cruise which I'll then send to aeroplan. I fully expect to get nothing for my effort :mad:

In case you want to know, aeroplan said to send my documents to:

Aeroplan Credit Department

P.O. Box 7737 Stn Terminal

Vancouver, BC

V6B 5W9

I'll come back and let you know. 24 days at sea, almost 5,000 miles if I get them.

All you have to do is go to the Aeroplan website and look under miles not credited and they will tell you how to proceed.

Nedleycan, Unfortunately, only an aeroplan member can get the points.

You will not be able to get for your children and if your wife has an aeroplan number, she can only get for herself. If she doesn't only you will get the miles for just you.

RickT, I know the feeling. I also sent the cruise docs to Aeroplan. After a few weeks, they send the documents back, and said they could not help, and told us to ask RCCL.

The whole thing seemed to be going round in circles.

Hope you have better luck than me.

:o

Oh, how disappointing to hear all this trouble getting the Aeroplan points credited. I gave my TA our Aeroplan numbers when we booked our next cruise, and she said she would take care of it. Hopefully we won't have problems. :confused:

Haven't done our RC cruise yet (Feb 12th next year on Brilliance), but did get our aeroplan points for the Celebrity one we just took in September, They showed up on both our aeroplan accounts at the end of September. Sorry to hear you're having problems with RC. Hope they get their act together real soon.

• 1 month later...
RickT, I know the feeling. I also sent the cruise docs to Aeroplan. After a few weeks, they send the documents back, and said they could not help, and told us to ask RCCL.

The whole thing seemed to be going round in circles.

Hope you have better luck than me.

:o

Got the same run around. Was lucky to find someone at RCCL that actually knew what was going on and offered (after I insisted he offer :eek: ) to see what he could do on my behalf. A couple weeks later I got a call from Aeroplan asking for some more information and they just confirmed they would give me the miles for one of my cruises. They unfortunately indicated that the other cruise was booked before Oct 25th, 2006 and therefore didn't qualify. No one can yet explain why I didn't get the points automatically.

I'll confirm when the points finally show up. I'll believe it when I see it.

Was lucky to find someone at RCCL They unfortunately indicated that the other cruise was booked before Oct 25th, 2006 and therefore didn't qualify. No one can yet explain why I didn't get the points automatically.

I'll confirm when the points finally show up. I'll believe it when I see it.

Rick T

I'd call back, the Aeroplan website clearly states that bookings made after November 1, 2005 are eligible.

I wasn't aware that RCI was an Aeroplan partner until I read this thread.

I called my TA and filled her in. She e-mailed me this afternoon while she was on hold with RCI.

I'll let you know what happens. I just finished a cruise on FOS and have one booked next Dec on Mariner.

Archived