Front facing 8000

Iwant2BatC

Hello -I am seeking information from anyone who has cruised on the Marina in this front facing veranda. Is there any sense of claustrophobia in this cabin or do you really have a wide vista? Anything you might tell me about this cabin would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello -I am seeking information from anyone who has cruised on the Marina in this front facing veranda. Is there any sense of claustrophobia in this cabin or do you really have a wide vista? Anything you might tell me about this cabin would be appreciated. Thank you. Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A picture says a thousand words:

x_094702.jpg

From Jim's response I assumed 8000 is a Vista but when I checked the deckplan I saw that 8000 and 8001 are inbetween the two Vista suites. So of course they are rather smaller! It looks like they are a B1 category if I'm translating the colors correctly. But the usual B1s are fine (I haven't been in one, it's just what I've seen here from regular posters) ... so I don't see why these would be different.

Have you checked the square footage, etc.? You will still have a great view going into port.

Mura

I've stayed in 8000. There is a wonderful view forward, but you have to stand. When the OP posted the question, the use of "vista" mislead some. Heading into the sun you get sun, otherwise you are shaded. Since there are only those 2 cabins, they seem to sell fast.

What is in the balcony space between the Vista Suites on Deck 12?

There seems to be just "crew space" in the center inside.

As for the "sun situation" on 8000 (and neighbor), is that any different from the effect of ship direction and location of the sun for any similar-width balcony on the side?

It sort of looks like there would be more sunshine available than most "regular" balconies, except perhaps for the extended balconies on the side.

Indeed, given the "slope" of the front of the ship, wouldn't there be just a bit more sun available than if there was a "flat" side?

It seems that the position of the ship with respect to the sun would have a huge effect for any balcony, along with whether there is another balcony right above it vs. set back a bit (or the opposite, the overhang on Deck 11 from Deck 12).

GC

We've done 3 cruises in Vista Suites and there are 2 big downsides with cabins at the front. One, it's impossible to being on the balcony when the ship is moving. It tends to be quite breezy in the Caribbean and when you add in the wind you get from the ship's movement, makes it very difficult to be on the deck.

The second problem is that you're required to keep your drapes closed at night. I still do not understand why-----something having to do with the bridge----but that's their rule.

On one of our cruises, the people in 8000 insisted on keeping their balcony door open all the time. After the second day, we had to tell out butler to talk to them because of the noise. It was a high pitch squeal of the air blowing through the cabin and under the door. He said he had already spoken to them about keeping their door shut when the ship is moving, but they refused, so he needed to get the ship's security person to tell them the door must be closed when the ship was moving. They finally kept the door closed.

The second problem is that you're required to keep your drapes closed at night. I still do not understand why-----something having to do with the bridge----but that's their rule.

The drapes are required to be closed in forward facing cabins for the same reason that it is illegal to drive a car at night with the interior lights turned on.

Light around the driver decreases forward visibility.

In other words, the interior lights from these cabins affect visibility from the Bridge ... we had a phone call one night when we were in 9001 on Marina asking us to turn off the veranda lights because of this. Only the lights weren't on. We finally figured out that when the housekeeping staff had done that evenings turn-down, they'd left the curtains slightly open.

Mura