Sun Princess Premium Oceanview cabin

boutus

They are the size and layout of a balcony cabin but lack the balcony.

Long ago I was in the more or less equivalent cabin on the original Regal Princess (the current Pacific Dawn). Would book one again in a heartbeat if they were more common on the newer ships.

Probably as described above. That would then equate to the window mini-suites on some ships. The size of a mini-suite including balcony but no balcony. Instead, there is a window.

Edit:

Looking at the Sea Princess deck plans it definitely looks like the Premium Ocean View cabins are the size of a balcony cabin but the balcony area is part of the cabin and there is a window.

Thanks fishywood. Is the window a lot bigger than a normal oceanview cabin? I don't care about having an actual balcony to walk out onto but I like having the large window for the view that a balcony offers. I'm thinking I could save a lot of money by taking a premium oceanview rather than a balcony but not really compromise on the view. What do you think?

Looking at exterior photos the window in those cabins does not appear any larger than in the Emerald and Plaza Deck OV cabins

sun-princess-princess-cruises-cruise-ship-photos-2015-02-20-at-sydney-australia.jpg

Note the windows on the cabins on Caribe Deck (one deck above the lifeboats) that interrupt the run of balcony cabins roughly 80% of the way forward and aft. Same tiny openings as the OV cabins forward on the decks below the lifeboats.