Best Burma cruise on the Irrawaddy River by your own experience

ijkh

Rebel,

We are going to postpone until 2019 likely Avalon in February too. We want to do the 16 day untouched waterway trip. We have both been to Bangkok many times in the past. So exciting to plan this trip. I look forward to the reviews this year.

Rebel,

We are going to postpone until 2019 likely Avalon in February too. We want to do the 16 day untouched waterway trip. We have both been to Bangkok many times in the past. So exciting to plan this trip. I look forward to the reviews this year.

I ended up booking the April 2019 Untouched with Bangkok. They have the $1000 off PP so I decided why not add the Bangkok portion. I've never been.

We cruised on Scenic Aura in January this year.

We did a blog http://thefletchers.com.au/The_Fletchers/Myanmar_2017/Myanmar_2017.html

Go to archives and start with Yangon. We went upstream- 8 hour bus trip (with 3 stops) Pryap to Mandalay, then flew to Inle Lake, a must do I think.

I also did a review on CC. Look under Scenic Aura. It was launched last September , so very new. The river was very low in January so not sure how later cruises went. I saw the river was flooded this June.

I would recommend Scenic. Foods was excellent, service was wonderful and alcohol included.

I was worried that we would run into lots of other ships and passengers but I think we only had another ship tied up at the same town a few times and as they aren't huge we didn't run into other groups.

Our guides were great. Good English and experienced guides.

I am looking at a cruise on the Irrawaddy River and would appreciate reviews on cruise critic from those of you that are taking one this winter. have a great trip.

Good afternoon MJ.

Firstly my thanks to FuelScience at comment # 2 for adding my blog to the list.

Just out of interest I will give it another push for you...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2016/03/10/princess-panhwar-on-the-road-to-mandalay/

I cannot repeat enough times what an amazing cruise this was and would also urge anyone considering it not to delay too long or risk the saturation of the Myanmar tourist industry.

A few photographs from my time on the Irrawaddy...

25282635040_01907ba63e_z.jpg

The pilot riverbank transfer...

25489493582_9ae07095b1_z.jpg

One of the best 'additional' excursions, a balloon ride over Bagan...

25592046876_4553dfb8a3_z.jpg

• 5 months later...