Very Front or Very Back

Cabin Selection Tips
Help on how to choose a cabin on a cruise ship.

How To Choose A Cabin from Cruise Critic
Offer up your opinions on selecting the best cabin.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:58 AM.
4,555 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Waiting for guarantee assignment on ocean view balcony (Royal's Mariner of Seas). Once assigned, you can call and get switched to any other available stateroom in the same category, so have been checking to see all available. I have my first choice rooms (deck 6 or 7 aft...but they are not too far aft), but if those are taken by the time we get our assignment, the remaining rooms are either
  • right at the forward section, port and starboard side (decks 7, 8 and 9), or
  • there is one deck 10 at very aft (so you are right over the wake of the water)
I'm a bit concerned of movement (especially as we are traveling end of August and you never know what weather will be that time of year), but anyone stayed in rooms at the above locations? What is your preference?

Guess in both cases...upside is quieter due to less traffic, downside is movement and further from elevators/stairs (but latter not a huge deal for us).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2016 - Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas - Report: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2345424
2012 - Disney Cruise Line Magic
2001 - Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas
1997 - Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas
Fredericksburg, va. USA
88,338 Posts
Joined May 2001
Take the deck 10 aft, if you can. The deck 10 aft cabins on this ship are the least obstructed of the afts...(not that your view is blocked...just that there is superstructure between you and the water....not a big deal and your balcony will be MUCH larger than the others)
4,555 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Funny enough we got assignment of the aft facing on deck 10. But there was one remaining on lower deck in aft section but not right at end. They must do a bunch of guarantee assignments at once as a bunch of non-end rooms were gone so glad I was able to switch in time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2016 - Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas - Report: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2345424
2012 - Disney Cruise Line Magic
2001 - Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas
1997 - Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas