Small kid water play areas

illiniwahoo

Let's all start by agreeing that all children must be potty trained before they enter any pools or water play areas on cruise ships so that this thread doesn't turn into one of those.

I am looking for the right cruise ship/line for my family. My kids will be three and potty trained. I was looking at Royal Caribbean as their ships seemed great for kids, but their water play areas on some ships have a 42 inch minimum. I remember Breakaway having a kids area, but since I had no kids at the time I didn't pay much attention to it. Is there a height requirement? I'm sure my kids will be too small for the slides, and I'm fine with that. With as deep as the pools are, I'm just looking for an area where they can splash around without constantly being held in deeper water.

What about the older NCL ships? Do they have a similar water play area like the Breakaway class? Any general comments on how your toddler/preschooler liked the water areas?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I actually found the kids pool area on the Dawn to be absolutely perfect for my 4 year old! There were 3 small water slides and a kid pool that is only a couple of feet deep. He had sooo much fun playing there and was big enough to do it all himself (with us RIGHT there of course!).

I actually found the kids pool area on the Dawn to be absolutely perfect for my 4 year old! There were 3 small water slides and a kid pool that is only a couple of feet deep. He had sooo much fun playing there and was big enough to do it all himself (with us RIGHT there of course!).

That is great to hear!!! we will be sailing this March on the Dawn with our 9 yr old and 19 month old.. they will just love the area..cant wait to see them splashing around together !!!

Best,

Mark

That is great to hear!!! we will be sailing this March on the Dawn with our 9 yr old and 19 month old.. they will just love the area..cant wait to see them splashing around together !!!

Best,

Mark

Unless your toddler is potty trained, he/she can’t go into any pools or splash pads on any NCL ship (only DCL and some RCI ships have water features for swim diapers).

Unless your toddler is potty trained, he/she can’t go into any pools or splash pads on any NCL ship (only DCL and some RCI ships have water features for swim diapers).

great point...i'm sure by 19 months he will be...im so excited for this trip..and so is my DW and 8 year old...who will be 9 at time of sailing...maybe if he isnt trained we could just sit in the water a bit together...i could put him on my lap while he splashes and gets used to the water..

Thanks for the info..

That looks so fun for them! Does anyone know if there is a height requirement?

On Escape..

The red slide doesn't have a height requirement.

The yellow slide is 42", IIRC but I don't think that it is really enforced.

The blue slide is 42"

The drop slides are 48" plus a minimum of 99 lbs. and a maximum of 300 lbs.

Let's all start by agreeing that all children must be potty trained before they enter any pools or water play areas on cruise ships so that this thread doesn't turn into one of those.

Nope, not going to agree with that.

Royal has, on many of their ships, pretty large splash pad areas, some with slides and everything - specifically for swim diapered children.

baby-splash-pad.jpg

baby-splash-zone.jpg