Current Captain of Disney Dream

Disney Cruise Line
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:19 PM.
#2
3,825 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Originally posted by Saab4444
Does anyone know who is currently the Captain of the Disney Dream? Thanks a lot in advance!
May I ask (before I respond further) as to why that is important to you?

ex techie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
EX DCL CM
#3
746 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
We have traveled on many ships, also with Disney, and this is an interesting information for me for. And I know it is not Captain Mickey.....


Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Forums
#4
746 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
My wife and I will be on the Dream in three weeks. I know Captain Henry Anderson was on her in the last years. As we are from Scandinavia I like to travel with Scandinavian Captains. Any information on the currently rotating two Captains would be highly appreciated!


Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Forums
#5
10,347 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Well, you have good odds, in any event.
Tom is from Norway
Guus is from the Netherlands
Henry is from somewhere in Scandanavia
Thord is from Norway (I think)
John is from the US (he was on the Magic in the Med recently)
Marcos is from Italy (he was on the Fantasy recently)

I'm forgetting some, but you many are from Scandanavia!
#6
SoCal
10,243 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Just saw on another board that someone just returned from the 7/20 cruise that the captain was Thord Haugen.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLHAL CarnivalPrincess Vantage
21 Cruises, 13 ships, 202 nights
#7
746 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Thanks! It would be perfect if Captain Thord and Captain Henry (he is from Sweden) are currently rotating on the Disney Dream.


Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Forums
#8
10,347 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by moki'smommy
Well, you have good odds, in any event.
Tom is from Norway
Guus is from the Netherlands
Henry is from somewhere in Scandanavia
Thord is from Norway (I think)
John is from the US (he was on the Magic in the Med recently)
Marcos is from Italy (he was on the Fantasy recently)

I'm forgetting some, but you many are from Scandanavia!
Typo--John is from UK, not US
#9
746 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Does anyone have any recent information on this subject? I´m still looking for the current two Captains of the Disney Dream.

Thanks for any input from the past three months!

(As a side note: Captain Robert from the Netherlands is currently on the Disney Magic.)
#10
10,347 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by Saab4444

(As a side note: Captain Robert from the Netherlands is currently on the Disney Magic.)
Is he new? I don't know him. Is he on as Captain or Staff Captain? A new one that I don't know honestly sounds like fun, especially as we will be cruising with a friend from the Netherlands.
#12
10,347 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by Saab4444
Robert Olmer is One of the Captains oof the Magic at least until 2013.


Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app
Great, maybe we'll get to meet him on our next cruise. All of our recent Magics have had Captain John.
#13
746 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
The final missing Captain of the Disney fleet is Captain Fabian Dib of the Disney Wonder. Now we have figured out eight current Captains for the four Disney ships.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app
#15
3 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Captain John is not with Disney anymore.
Captain Thord is currently on the Dream and is from Plantation, FL.
The cruise director is Carly Scott.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#17
14 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by joseph0609
Captain John is not with Disney anymore.
Captain Thord is currently on the Dream and is from Plantation, FL.
The cruise director is Carly Scott.
I read somewhere that Captain Henry was on the Dream when it hit the dock in Nassau a month or two ago, and that it was his first week or so back on board. Was that incorrect or do they move Captains around that regularly?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Disney Dream Dec 2013, Aug 2017 / Disney Magic Nov 2014, Oct 2016, May 2018
Disney Fantasy Nov 2015 / Disney Wonder Sept 2017
Sea Princess Nov 2016 / Explorer of the Seas Nov 2018
#18
10,347 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by ivanp91
I read somewhere that Captain Henry was on the Dream when it hit the dock in Nassau a month or two ago, and that it was his first week or so back on board. Was that incorrect or do they move Captains around that regularly?
Like all other CMs, the captains are on a rotating schedule. And yes, they do change ships. In addition, the Staff Captain will assume the Captain position when the captain is on vacation. Example--we initially met Captain Marco on the Magic during a winter cruise when he was in the Staff Captain position. The next time we saw him, he was the Fantasy Captain in May (note, this was several years ago).
#19
746 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by moki'smommy
Like all other CMs, the captains are on a rotating schedule. And yes, they do change ships. In addition, the Staff Captain will assume the Captain position when the captain is on vacation. Example--we initially met Captain Marco on the Magic during a winter cruise when he was in the Staff Captain position. The next time we saw him, he was the Fantasy Captain in May (note, this was several years ago).


All ships have two Captains who are on a rotation schedule weeks offK and two Staff Captains who rotate as well and are second in command. They could take over if needed in special situations but are not relief Captains while a Captain is on vacation.


Sent from my iPad using Forums