Uniworld Suite Travelers - Tipping the Butler?

Roz

I have my 3rd Uniworld river cruise coming up in November. I'm booked in a suite this time, which includes a butler. Uniworld is all tips included, but I'm wondering if suite occupants are expected to tip extra to the butler, or are his/her tips included in the higher fare charged for suites?

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the butler. :D

Roz

I have my 3rd Uniworld river cruise coming up in November. I'm booked in a suite this time, which includes a butler. Uniworld is all tips included, but I'm wondering if suite occupants are expected to tip extra to the butler, or are his/her tips included in the higher fare charged for suites?

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the butler. :D

Roz

It’s not expected but I know my DH does.

We used our butler for daily laundry and bringing us coffee in the mornings and also for breakfast a couple of times. They also restocked the bar and brought afternoon snacks.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have never noticed anyone in the British novels and mysteries I read 'tip' their Butler, so if a cruise line says tips are included I accept that. Unless I ask the Butler to do something extraordinary.

Thanks to both of you. I'll play it by ear. I really don't think I'll use his/her services that much, but who knows.

Roz

They definitely do not expect it, and seem most eager to do more, but we weren't sure what else to ask them to do. ;) I'm planning to pack less for our December cruise (we'll see how well I do with that!), knowing that I can just have some of the clothing I use for layering during the day laundered whenever needed. They're very attentive; for instance, once they saw that I was eating gluten free options in the dining room they were careful to bring us an assortment of snacks in the afternoon that had clearly marked GF options for me.

That's nice to know, Bub. I'm traveling by myself, so I'm not sure how much I'll use things such as the in-suite breakfast. I enjoy the social aspects of cruising, so sitting in my cabin eating appetizers and sipping wine isn't that appealing.

Roz

Sent from my LGL58VL using Forums mobile app

I agree with bubblz. Tips are not expected, but DH usually has given a small tip (he can't help himself!) LOL We had an en suite dinner one evening when we were exhausted from a long day of touring, which the butler served in courses. Also, we have had butlers switch complementary bottles of champagne for a bottle of Bailey's, which we enjoy more. And the unlimited laundry is great.

Bon voyage!

Jklc,

I'll keep that in mind about the in-suite dinner after a long day of touring. I know that feeling of just wanting to curl up in my bathrobe and slippers and have someone bring something to me to eat.

Roz