Why choose rcl?

Susandt

We have cruised 2 times on both lines and find that the differences between lines are minor enough that we will jump on the cheapest ship.

That being said - You won't be able to compare a trip on NCL's Blliss or Epic with RCI's Majesty. Nor could you compare the Oasis with the Star or Spirit. Each ship is it's own with crew and its own experience.

The biggest thing we noticed is -

The ongoing freebies with NCL are a nice touch - Free Drinks and Specialty dining is a nice to have.

Formal night on RCI - We both like this and dislike this. We like to have a night to dress up but we are totally fine with NCL's lack of formal night. (The real reason I dress up is for the lobster tails on formal night)

Emma Cruises just did a great video review recently that was pretty spot on -

-Sean

We are choosing RCCL this first time for the big ship experience... flowrider, ice rink, promenade. That sort of stuff.

The itinerary was good and price was great.

Our last cruise was NCL Getaway in its inaugural season and it was amazing!! The water slides, ropes course, modern decor, great restaurants, comedy club was fantastic. Hoping this lives up.

It is a matter of taste. Not sailed on NCL but sailed on quite a few cruise lines. I like them all and enjoy the fact that they all have different strengths and weaknesses.

On the latest RCL ships I like the entertainment options, the choice in the buffet and the range of speciality restaurants. I know NCL are very strong in these areas as well. So reason to sail with RCL would be to try something different.

Things like suite experience, loyalty benefits, itinerary, VFM also influence our choices.