LIVE - Harmony of the Sea - Nov 18-23

Carroll30

I’m not sure what’s a special here but the following things are things we have really enjoyed at this level.

1) flowrider - priority line. You get right on when you walk up and then you go every 5 people (except during peak times where

You may wait every 10). My boys have hit that thing continually 3-4 times a day.

2) Starbucks - I’ve not been charged for a single specialty coffee drink.

3) Love the reserved seats at the shows. Nice perk.

4) we’ve been able to move our dinner times around. Sebastian has been a gem on this.

5) I love coffee and now have a large bucket of espresso pods in the room. They have also seen that I go thru the half and half and now too have a nice supply.

6) vitality spa drink area - free free free.

7) FLOWRIDER .... Hahahahah ... that alone has made my 17 year olds time.

8) getting back on ship is expedited.

9) bags were in our room ahead of us arriving. And it took us 15 minutes to board (we don’t do the photos or needed a tour)

I know there are more perks that are above and beyond.

My biggest comment is I don’t know how I will ever cruise again without this level. I may have ruined my cruising going forward. It truly has been a trip none of us will ever forget. We are beyond thrilled with everything.

- Carroll

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thx :)

Sorry for my poor english.

I just wanted written info about Star Class Offers that you reciive in your statroom - like the daily ‘cruise compas’.

There were spa specials. If you took the tour on day one they had a 1-2-3 special where they increased the discount as you added services. I’ve got the menu here.

I’m a huge spa gal so at this point I’ve done everything from a massage to facial to ionithermie on my tummy and the Inbody 570 (good news my workout/spa/good shows well).

My biggest complaint on the spa is the hard sell on products. It starts from the moment you meet your therapist to the end. That’s a big overkill for me. My boys who had massages too were hit up hard which frustrated me as I asked them to leave them be as the massage was my

Gift to them. I just wanted them to have a nice experience.

- Carroll

Thanks, I love the spa as well - last time I just told them I wasn't interested in any of the products. They almost make you feel guilty :( I did a body wrap and a facial the last time I went - loved it!!!

followed by a time in the thermal spa (I suggest going early as the afternoon yesterday was insanely packed)

We are doing Escape from Rubicon this afternoon - the boys are excited for that.

Dinner tonight at Wonderland. St Thomas tomorrow.

- Carroll

I guess they are still overselling the thermal spa on the Oasis class. I love it on the Radiance class where they limit it to something like 25 couples. Looking forward to hearing about the escape room, My wife loves them, I've never done one.

Took a Private Journey Excursion today - David with his World Cat 33 named Dog Sled - we planned a day of snorkeling. High marks for Captain David. He grew up on Water Island and provided wonderful commentary throughout the 6 hours we motored around. The boat was stocked with beer, sodas and plenty of water. We snorkeled both a reef and an underwater wreck. We had lunch at Honeymoon Beach (where the cast of Grease and The Fine Line were enjoying a fine afternoon of fun)

Here’s the course we took.

6e7b039eb5fb181b266f8e319a8f7031.jpg

The Dog Sled At Honeymoon Beach

4eb23fe966f61af9eb57536523ee558e.jpg

A view of Harmony of the Sea

09b1724b9914f62037c46f96e216e6ca.jpg

Lunch at the Dingey at Honeymoon bay - fresh Lion Fish that was delicious. The photo does it do it justice.

1f4116dfac9a790aae41197d5afd83d1.jpg

I highly recommend Captain David if you choose to step up to one of the RCL Private Journey tours. It was a PERFECT day of fun, sun and wonderful conversation with Captain David.

On to Wonderland tonight.

- Carroll

Carroll, did you book the St Thomas excursion once on the ship or before? We are thinking about doing something like this is March when we return to Harmony. Thanks for the info.

Andrew

I booked the private excursion ahead of time. It was dependent on whether the Private Journey staff could locate a boat. This was Harmony’s first trip back to Saint Thomas post hurricane.

There was another group larger then ours that had put together a Private Journey excursion on a beautiful 48’ + Searay Sundancer. Our captain knew the other boat Captain and spoke highly of his excursions as well.

The RCL website has a page with the Private Journey phone number and email. They were easy to deal with and confirmed everything via email.

Our tour allowed for up to 6 people. We only had 4 of us. The snorkeling equipment was new or appeared new - Captain David had a variety of sizes so we were all set. The other boat looked to have more like 10 people on board.

Also, the snorkeling was beautiful. Plenty of fish and not overrun with the larger group tours. Captain David said there were often turtles to swim with. We didn’t see turtles there but did see a large one later in the run.

I highly recommend it and I would also recommend David - he was as much fun to chat with as the snorkeling. We learned a lot about the island, it’s people, the storm clean up and what a special place Saint Thomas is.

- Carroll

If it's not too much trouble would you be able to swing into Starbucks and ask if they take gift cards for payment? If you can't it's ok, I want you to enjoy your cruise.

They do. I used my Starbucks app on my phone to pay the first time in there. The prices were also similar to my local Starbucks.

- Carroll

Thx :)

Sorry for my poor english.

I just wanted written info about Star Class Offers that you reciive in your statroom - like the daily ‘cruise compas’.

I haven’t seen any specials in the room beyond the regular shopping notices or the invites to the art auctions or the free tanzanite stud earrings at shore buying seminars cards. I’ll look at the next one I receive and check more closely.

- Carroll

They do. I used my Starbucks app on my phone to pay the first time in there. The prices were also similar to my local Starbucks.

- Carroll

I was under the impression that Star Class included Starbucks. Maybe it’s hit and miss?

I know it’s not included in the Drink Package.

Enjoying your report and photos, I was on the 10/28/17 sailing of the HOS, just out of curiosity are you having any problems getting an elevator or being over run by children? Our sailing was enjoyable but getting an elevator was a problem, passenger would push both the up and down button and would entered the car before other could passengers could exit.

Enjoying your report and photos, I was on the 10/28/17 sailing of the HOS, just out of curiosity are you having any problems getting an elevator or being over run by children? Our sailing was enjoyable but getting an elevator was a problem, passenger would push both the up and down button and would entered the car before other could passengers could exit.

The elevators at certain times can be insane. I think the children are better behaved then many of the passengers. We had one yesterday that was full and stopped every floor from 17 on down. I was surprised at home many people on lower floors just shoved their way in despite the space already being clearly packed.

I have figured out which elevator section to take at certain times. I often walk forward to go down when it’s meal time. Also when really busy it pays dividends to go down a few in order to be able to go up.

Elevators and crowds do happen on this ship but overall I’ve been less stressed by it this cruise then many I have been on before.

- Carroll

I was under the impression that Star Class included Starbucks. Maybe it’s hit and miss?

I know it’s not included in the Drink Package.

It does include Starbucks. I didn’t know that perk at the time and had already paid for the latte. It wasn’t until afterwards that they noticed my star class navy blue card around my neck. They were very sweet and offered to reverse the charge. The line was long and I declined.

- Carroll

One other picture request, Could you take a picture of the Vitality Cafe Menu/Smoothie list?

I love this place. The smoothies and the juices are so tasty. The only down side is that at certain times the lines are very long. I’d also love to see spinach, kale and beets included in the juicing vegetables.

Here’s some photos. The menu is on the wall.

8c44a09b9343eb1bc58841748e8ea051.jpg

This morning Protein shake - Vanilla protein, fresh strawberries, banana and a fiber fuel add in. Yummy!

b405b1b5b524b1d17c92dd7da8d644d0.jpg

They were very sweet and offered to reverse the charge. The line was long and I declined.

- Carroll

Carroll, Sebastian always seemed to be on his A game when we had him. I suspect that the coffee charge will be backed out, but if you do mention it to him it will be taken care of for sure.

Also, thank-you for the private journey information. We were in St Thomas and San Juan in March. We are thinking of doing something similar to what you did in St Thomas (possibly to Saint John or Jost Van Dyke) or going to the Pork Highway in San Juan. A couple final questions, did the Captain David meet you on the pier or did Sebastian help you to locate them and were you charged in advance of the cruise or while on board?

Thanks again and enjoy your sea day,

Andrew

Carroll, Sebastian always seemed to be on his A game when we had him. I suspect that the coffee charge will be backed out, but if you do mention it to him it will be taken care of for sure.

Also, thank-you for the private journey information. We were in St Thomas and San Juan in March. We are thinking of doing something similar to what you did in St Thomas (possibly to Saint John or Jost Van Dyke) or going to the Pork Highway in San Juan. A couple final questions, did the Captain David meet you on the pier or did Sebastian help you to locate them and were you charged in advance of the cruise or while on board?

Thanks again and enjoy your sea day,

Andrew

Andrew, is there another Andrew flow rider that is also really good?

Thanks

Andrew, is there another Andrew flow rider that is also really good?

Thanks

Yes and he is Canadian as well, if that doesn’t help with the confusion. However he is from Toronto which is about 1.5 hours away. I’ve never met him though but heard he is a good guy.

Yes and he is Canadian as well, if that doesn’t help with the confusion. However he is from Toronto which is about 1.5 hours away. I’ve never met him though but heard he is a good guy.

My baby bro, who is P, had him on a Periscope last week on Harmony. I knew it wasn’t you.

I just thought it odd that two big time Flow Riders were named Andrew. I guess it is a Canadian thing. Lol