Carnival Elation Cabin Inqury?

jetsfan58

Look at the deck plans to see what's above and below the cabin you're considering. Best bet- cabins above and below you to avoid public-space noise. And avoid connecting cabins. More likely to hear the noise in the next cabin due to the connecting (locked) door. Avoid a cabin next to a triple or quad....more likely to have noisy kids or a rowdy partying adult group there vs a room with just 2 people (unless they're honeymooners!)

I stayed on the upper deck midship on my last cruise. An interior u77. Like the location a lot... close to the steps. In march I'm staying on upper deck again but this time back of the ship in ocean view u181.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I stayed on the upper deck midship on my last cruise. An interior u77. Like the location a lot... close to the steps. In march I'm staying on upper deck again but this time back of the ship in ocean view u181.

As experienced Elation cruisers we have found that aft cabins get a lot of vibration from the propulsion systems, and the forward cabins get a lot of the slapping from the waves hitting the hull. Our best inside cabin was E80. The excursions desk is on one wall and cabins on the other. There is no noise or other problems. You are steps away from the atrium and the elevators that take you to the upper decks where all the fun is.:cool:

As experienced Elation cruisers we have found that aft cabins get a lot of vibration from the propulsion systems, and the forward cabins get a lot of the slapping from the waves hitting the hull. Our best inside cabin was E80. The excursions desk is on one wall and cabins on the other. There is no noise or other problems. You are steps away from the atrium and the elevators that take you to the upper decks where all the fun is.:cool:

Yes, on my first cruise on the fantasy I stayed on main deck in an interior in the back and def felt vibration. I'm wondering how much of a hassle it would be to try and move up more midship from our rooms u181 & u185? Is it a pain to call & do ? We have early saver rate if that makes any difference.

Thanks

I second the post about the Empress Deck. I have stayed on that deck many times and never had any issues. I would try to stay as far away from the staircases as possible because some many rude people/children talk loudly in the middle of the night while traversing the hallway.

Good luck!