Holland America Signature Experiences

roberts2005

They used to but I don't believe they do anymore.

Disappointing they don't include breakfast in this special package. We have done a lot of travel in Europe and often the 4 and 5 star hotels don't include breakfast while lower stars and b and b do so we book them. I just figured HA was classy and would include it in this experience. As said earlier they probably booked the lowest cost rooms with no breakfast which is too bad.

I would prefer they include breakfast in ALL of their hotel packages, not just this one.

We don't book suites so this "experience" would have cost us C$2600 to purchase. The HAL hotel package alone was C$1300 (and doesn't include breakfast). I couldn't justify spending an additional $1300 for the special event.

I’m booked in Barcelona for the free April signature experience.

It’s two nights ( with breakfast) at HH Hesperia Presidente . I then booked, on my own, two nights there pre HAL stay. It was much cheaper than using HAL for those nights ( like half the cost )

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are having the same problem. We want to stay 7 days in Copenhagen prior to the cruise. 2 night are included in the Signature package but we are unable to book our hotel because HAL won't let us know which hotel it will be. We don't want to change hotels so we are in limbo. Not very CUSTOMER/PASSENGER FRIENDLY, IMHO

The name of the hotel showed up for us on the HAL website when looking at travel experiences to book (like shore excursions). Click on the link for pre/post travel. It also shows how much they are charging non-suite passengers to book the same thing. To those who say "I could book a hotel that includes breakfast for less, so why would I book with HAL", I think the real draw are the special experiences that seemingly can't be booked at any price by individuals. I agree that if you just want a bed and to explore on your own, this is not a good value.

But back to Copenhagen, at least for our sailing the hotel is the Scandic Palace Hotel.

THANKS for this thread! I signed up for the Signature Experience for our Med trip. It is so understated on the Holland sight that if it was not for the CC crowd we would not have known about the program.

I started the thread for the reason that it is easy to miss. I found out through an email from my TA

We have stayed at the Cordis (previously known as Langham) in HK and its very nice. We are staying there again pre cruise next month but booked ourself not thru HAL. I have heard since Cordis took over last year that the rooms have been updated and interior colors “lightened” up.

Hoping that the hotel in Rome will be 7666666666the Mediterraneo. It’s a great property with excellent rooms/ location compared to the Beverly Hills Rome.

How and when do we find out what hotel we are in? I did not book direct with HAL. Will we get an email or mail with details and about the night event

We board on the 21st of April in Rome. Looking forward to it.

Phoebe

How and when do we find out what hotel we are in? I did not book direct with HAL. Will we get an email or mail with details and about the night event

Phoebe

I was told by HAL. It showed up under hotel pre-travel in my reservation on the HAL website but now it’s gone. I suggest you contact your TA or booking company. I’m going to call my HAL PCC to see why it is no longer showing and to confirm hotel. Still haven’t heard the details on the signature experience event itself but we are still 8 months out for my Oct cruise.

I was told the April cruise was staying at the Mediterraneo Hotel by PCC

If you go to the bottom of the Holland page it has a line for the Signature Experience. We are doing a Med cruise in late September for Rome and the tour is an after hours at the Coliseum. No clue on the hotel. But it sounds like a nice welcome to your cruise perk.

Hope this helps.

Phoebe

The hotel and transfer show on my most recent intinerrary.

We are taking advantage of the signature experience in Auckland in November. Even though we booked it, we still get offers for it. It must be an automatic thing. We will be staying at the Cordis and the two nights also include a "meet and greet" and a Maori experience. Sounds fun. My wife and I decided to go in a couple days early so we are planning on calling HAL to find out what sort of room category we are in at the Cordis, book two additional nights in that category, and hope we won't have to change rooms. If you do have to change, it will only be a minor inconvenience. Of course, coming in two days early means we will have to forego the transfer from the airport to the hotel. If any of you have had any experience with adding nights to the experience, let us know. Happy cruising!

Yep, log into your account and “my reservations.” Then there should be some tabs at top ... I think there are four ... with one being the itinerary. I just saw it about two hours ago. There is an icon to print on the itinerary as well and my signature experience and airline and ship transfers were shown. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wanted an aft cabin so we had to book a "suite". Took advantage of the signature experience in Montreal. Booked through HA. Would LOVE to no the hotel but have been told we must wait until closer to the date. Am looking forward to the private museum tour. Anyone have any previous Montreal experience?

Just found out that breakfast is not included at my Hotel in Hong Kong. There does not seem to be a uniform policy on breakfast.

I concur. I see some say it is included, others no. Our hotel in Venice is a no. I wish HAL would just book rooms that include breakfast for all signature experiences. That would be fair.

• 1 month later...
I concur. I see some say it is included, others no. Our hotel in Venice is a no. I wish HAL would just book rooms that include breakfast for all signature experiences. That would be fair.

What hotel is it in Venice? When is the cruise? We are on the Oosterdam from Venice on May 24th. Thanks.