Are P&O restricting alcohol brought on board now?

Jo and Rob

Just back off the Oriana today and in Tenerife, brought onboatd 1l of duty free Brandy in a plastic bag and nothing was said or confiscated. We were the only ones getting back on at the time, so they weren't even busy.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Sounds pretty easy going. It is the Food and Beverage people on the ships wanting the byo stopped, the F&B Manager has to achieve the alcohol sales targets. Not really a security issue as a ship's security officer told me.:halo:

I would have thought that the scanners would clearly identify any drink in the cases, so absolutely no need to ask a polite question. Just tell the passenger in question to open the bag in question and establish that the new rule was not being broken.

I meant bringing bottles on board at port stops.

On board Britannia at the moment. We brought a bottle on at a port, inside a rucksack. We were asked to hand it in at the alcohol desk as soon as it was scanned. All very polite. We were not the only ones asked to hand in during a busy time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On board Britannia at the moment. We brought a bottle on at a port, inside a rucksack. We were asked to hand it in at the alcohol desk as soon as it was scanned. All very polite. We were not the only ones asked to hand in during a busy time.

Thanks for update, sorry you lost your bottle of port for the time being. Of course P&O want you to buy their tiny glasses of port @ 6 quid or so.:evilsmile:

Thanks for update, sorry you lost your bottle of port for the time being. Of course P&O want you to buy their tiny glasses of port @ 6 quid or so.:evilsmile:

We weren’t really expecting to get the bottle on undetected and we’d already bought in-cabin bottles of spirits from room service anyway. It was interesting to see how swiftly (and politely) they dealt with it upon scanning. The trouble with the in-cabin bottles of spirits menu is that it is so limited. Hopefully they’ll broaden the offer in future.

It’s gala night tonight with some free drinks which has been very enjoyable [emoji851] (not that I’m only interested in drinking of course, I also enjoy my ice cream) [emoji41]

We weren’t really expecting to get the bottle on undetected and we’d already bought in-cabin bottles of spirits from room service anyway. It was interesting to see how swiftly (and politely) they dealt with it upon scanning. The trouble with the in-cabin bottles of spirits menu is that it is so limited. Hopefully they’ll broaden the offer in future.

It’s gala night tonight with some free drinks which has been very enjoyable [emoji851] (not that I’m only interested in drinking of course, I also enjoy my ice cream) [emoji41]

Thanks, enjoy your gala night. We have travelled on Aurora, Oriana and Arcadia twice, including 49 days Arcadia, Sydney to Southampton. I liked P&O UK and had Adonia booked for 2 cruises but then they sold the ship on us, but that is another story. Not saying I would never book another P&O UK Cruise, if the right itinerary was there.:p

Good to talk to another icecreamaholic.