San Francisco Hop-On Hop-Off Bus

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

West Coast Departures

Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:31 AM.
Merrimack New Hampshire
2,925 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Evidently there is more than one line that has Hop-On and Hop Off buses in San Francisco. Can anyone recommend one that is the best?
YVR & PDX
3,873 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
In SF all I can personally comment on is the one that comes with the Go Card (Big Bus) - since it was included, it was the one we used! One bus was seriously old and in dire need of renovation - the upstairs floor flexed alarmingly next to a seat that was covered in yellow warning tape, but the other vehicles were in much better shape. 2 good guides, one great, one OK of the four buses we rode.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess: Emerald, Golden x3, Island, Star x2
NCL: Gem, Pearl
HAL: Veendam
Edumacational kiddie cruises: SS Uganda
10,809 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
I think it was the Gray Line double decker we took and they had a GPS controlled narration system that allowed you to select the language, and it described the points of interest as you approached them.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rich people stay rich by living like broke people
Broke people stay broke by living like rich people

I noticed the squirrels are starting to gather nuts --
Are you in a safe place ??