Silhouette December boarding

bouhunter

Here's the email from Celebrity regarding the changes to embarkation/disembarkation:

cel_logo.png

About your upcoming travels

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard your 9-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise departing from Ft. Lauderdale on December 8, but first we have some important information to share with you.

As you may know, we’re building a transformative new ship, Celebrity Edge, that will revolutionize the way you experience the world. A ship this stunning deserves a terminal to match,so Port Everglades is building us one. This construction is due to begin in December and will result in some changes to your embarkation and debarkation process. To make your experience as carefree as your vacation, we’ll have extra Celebrity staff on hand to help you every step of the way.

Embarkation

• If you’re being dropped off at the port with your luggage, there are no changes to your embarkation process. Simply proceed to Terminal 29.

• If you’re parking at the port, please drop off additional guests and luggage at Terminal 29 first, and then proceed to the Northport Parking Garage to park your car.

• There will be complimentary shuttles back to the terminal from the parking lot.

• Please arrive at the port with ample time to accommodate these changes.

RTFImage_59e00498b9d6307d2f34aade.png

Debarkation

• Everyone will go through customs screening aboard the ship.

• All luggage will be transported to Broward County Convention Center. You will not be able to carry luggage off the ship yourself.

• We’ll transport you to the convention center to pick up your luggage.

• Transfers, taxis, and ride-sharing services will be available at the convention center.

• If you have an early flight, please let Guest Relations know early on in your cruise.

We understand this will be a bit disruptive, and we apologize for any inconvenience the terminal construction may cause. We truly want every moment of your vacation to be extraordinary, so we’ll do everything we can to make getting on and off your ship as easy as possible. And, to show our appreciation for your patience and understanding, we’re providing you with $25 per person to spend on board any way you like.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-280-3423.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

Anyone have word on the February cruises? We are sailing December 17 and gotthe message for it, but haven't heard of any changes for Feb 18 or Feb 25.

Trying to be helpful (not nasty). Since you have received word from Celebrity about your sailing in December I would suggest that you contact them directly and ask about the February sailings. Sometimes things are reported here that are misleading or perhaps incorrect. For something such as this I would want it "directly from the horse's mouth". Once you obtain that information if you choose to come back to this board and advise according to what you heard yourself on the phone that would be great.

Again, just do not want you to be mislead....hoping that this suggestion is helpful. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

This page has travel alerts, including departure port and itinerary changes: https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert.

It doesn't mention departure port changes for Silhouette in January or February - just December and March (among others). I'm on a February Silhouette sailing, but I haven't received any notices from Celebrity so I'll probably contact them just to make sure. I can't imagine the port won't be affected for a few months in the middle of construction.

I realize they're offering shuttles and onboard credit for the inconvenience, but I don't think it's unreasonable that people are upset by this change. E.g., I've already booked flights into FLL, but it would have been considerably - I'm talking a LOT - less expensive to fly to/from MIA, not to mention the comfortable flight departure time out of FLL may now be an extreme rush coming from Miami.

Here's the email from Celebrity regarding the changes to embarkation/disembarkation:

cel_logo.png

About your upcoming travels

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard your 9-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise departing from Ft. Lauderdale on December 8, but first we have some important information to share with you.

As you may know, we’re building a transformative new ship, Celebrity Edge, that will revolutionize the way you experience the world. A ship this stunning deserves a terminal to match,so Port Everglades is building us one. This construction is due to begin in December and will result in some changes to your embarkation and debarkation process. To make your experience as carefree as your vacation, we’ll have extra Celebrity staff on hand to help you every step of the way.

Embarkation

• If you’re being dropped off at the port with your luggage, there are no changes to your embarkation process. Simply proceed to Terminal 29.

• If you’re parking at the port, please drop off additional guests and luggage at Terminal 29 first, and then proceed to the Northport Parking Garage to park your car.

• There will be complimentary shuttles back to the terminal from the parking lot.

• Please arrive at the port with ample time to accommodate these changes.

RTFImage_59e00498b9d6307d2f34aade.png

Debarkation

• Everyone will go through customs screening aboard the ship.

• All luggage will be transported to Broward County Convention Center. You will not be able to carry luggage off the ship yourself.

• We’ll transport you to the convention center to pick up your luggage.

• Transfers, taxis, and ride-sharing services will be available at the convention center.

• If you have an early flight, please let Guest Relations know early on in your cruise.

We understand this will be a bit disruptive, and we apologize for any inconvenience the terminal construction may cause. We truly want every moment of your vacation to be extraordinary, so we’ll do everything we can to make getting on and off your ship as easy as possible. And, to show our appreciation for your patience and understanding, we’re providing you with $25 per person to spend on board any way you like.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-280-3423.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

Just a heads up.

We have done a similar route on a prior cruise where designated parking was mid port and cruise ship was on the " canal ". There is alot of traffic along that route, including big commercial port vehicles... The 7 min estimate may be overly optimistic...and pedestrians may find it very dangerous if they think they prefer to walk,. Plan accordingly and hope Celeb has this well organized.