Barcelona Day Tours

BandBinPA

Has anyone every used the company Barcelona Day Tours? We are thinking about using them the morning we arrive in Barcelona. They would pick all 6 of us up at the airport, take our luggage and tour the city and drop us off at our hotel? Would our bags be safe with them while walking around the sites? They are quoting 49 euros pp. Anyone that's used them would be helpful and what kind of service did you receive?

Why not go straight to your hotel and store your luggage there before you start your tour?

Because my TA was charging the 6 of us almost as much just to shuttle from airport to hotel (were the room would not be ready at 9 a.m.) and the service couldn't accomodate 9 pieces of luggage so we were paying more for that. We are paying $30 more pp than the shuttle but getting a private tour of the city which I thought was the better deal in the long run.

Has anyone every used the company Barcelona Day Tours? We are thinking about using them the morning we arrive in Barcelona. They would pick all 6 of us up at the airport, take our luggage and tour the city and drop us off at our hotel? Would our bags be safe with them while walking around the sites? They are quoting 49 euros pp. Anyone that's used them would be helpful and what kind of service did you receive?

Their web site indicates 59 euros pp, so you got a good deal! We were thinking of doing the same.

Their web site indicates 59 euros pp, so you got a good deal! We were thinking of doing the same.

Well, there are 6 of us some maybe they knocked 10 euros pp off the going price. They are picking us up from the airport and starting the tour. We will be tired, but what a better place to be tired in.

Hi...

We used Barcelona Day Tours in 2007 for a day long tour to Monsorrat and a winery tour..We enjoyed our day with Helene..she was prompt, professional and knowledgeable..I don't think you will be disappointed with their service..Enjoy your tour..

Barcelona is an awesome city..We spent 3 days post cruise this past spring and had a great time..It's a wonderful city for exploring, especially the Barri Gotic area..

Carol

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone,

I promised Helene I would tell others about our experience in Barcelona and I am happy to finally do it...

We did a pre-cruise city tour with Helene from teh airport for 4 hours and were dropped off at the pier to begin our cruise with Celebrity Solstice. We then did a tour to Montserrat with BDT at the end of the cruise before going back home.

Our tours with Barcelona Day Tours were the highlight of our cruise! I highly recommend them - they were very nice about answering all our questions before the tour, and it was comforting to see Helene waiting for us as we landed in Barcelona. The tour was great! We saw sagrada familia, and gaudi building, and the gaudi park, and the panoramic viewpoint. We were not tired because we had only a short flight to Barcelona and to finish the tour at the cruise pier was fantastic because we were ready in time for boarding (which was very smooth with Celebrity cruise!) and for the 4 of us the price was also great. Barcelona Day Tours offered to place us in a semi-private tour with others from teh Celebrity when we returned to Barcelona, and our tour to Montserrat with them again was just perfect. They were waiting for us with the names of our group and off we went to Montserrat. We had a beautiful day and the view was amazing. There was no problem with the drive up this mountain because our driver was good and the minibus was comfortable. We paid only 59 Euros and there was 8 of us in the group in total. There were 4 in our party and BDT teamed us up with another 4 persons. We were taken to the airport for the flight home and the others were taken to the hotel as they stayed in Barcelona.

I hopethis is a helpful review and I am happy to recommend these people. If you have questions you can as and they are good with answering. Thank you Sofia for your nice emails and for Helene and Anna! :-)

Hi...

We used Barcelona Day Tours in 2007 for a day long tour to Monsorrat and a winery tour..We enjoyed our day with Helene..she was prompt, professional and knowledgeable..I don't think you will be disappointed with their service..Enjoy your tour..

Barcelona is an awesome city..We spent 3 days post cruise this past spring and had a great time..It's a wonderful city for exploring, especially the Barri Gotic area..

Carol

I tried to pre-book with them.

First they told me to book the bus..which does not hold luggage, as no pick up or drop off, and did go where I wanted. Then they told me they ONLY start and end at Train station (It was $59 pp minimum of four but they would match me).

NOW I specifically told them I wanted to start at cruise and end at Avis (at train station). They argued only do train station. AVIS is at train station. As a local they should know this.

So I am NOT impressed. They are not helpful and I will make sure everyone knows this.

Dear Linda,

Thanks for your email.

I will keep you on a waiting list and will update you as soon we reached the minimum required to guarantee the tour. Below is a brief description of the tour and of course we can drop you off at a train station not at any Avis.

Semi-private tour in a small group of only 4-12 persons - 59 Euros per person (subject to minimum 4 persons signed up).

On our tours you can expect:

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour - from the train station

* Personal drop-off at the end of the tour – to the train

* Touring in a new, comfortable and air-conditioned van (Europe's best)

* If the group is up to 7 persons - touring with an English speaking driver-guide

* If the group is 8-12 persons - touring with a driver + English speaking guide

* Flexible and accommodating service during the 4 hour tour

* High quality and personal excursion experience

The price includes, transportation, petrol, toll roads, parking, driver-guide (or driver and guide), and all taxes. The price does not include entry fees - which are not needed with the normal itinerary. During the tour we will visit all the highlights of Barcelona (including La Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, National Palace, and more!) and you will have time at each of the sites to explore the places and take photos. This is a great way to discover Barcelona and I am sure you will be very happy with your decision to travel with us!

Thanks and again.

Kind regards,

Sofia Delgado

Barcelona Day Tours

Top-Day-Tours Group

www.BarcelonaDayTours.com

Tel: +34 931 815 287

Fax:+34 933 728 413

Email: info@BarcelonaDayTours.com

Registered Tour Operator #: GC002094

Registered Tax ID #: B65440869

American Society of Travel Agents Member #: 900203555

Cruise Line International Association Member #: 00425541

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I contacting them. They are in process of fixing this.

My issue was they advertised cruise pick up..and transfer along with a tour. The folks in the office were not familiar and did not listen to what I want to do (which was what was advertised).

Apparently they are a family owned company...and had some new girls in the office.

I don't cruise for several months. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Linda

I tried to pre-book with them. They are not helpful and I will make sure everyone knows this.

I contacting them. They are in process of fixing this.

My issue was they advertised cruise pick up..and transfer along with a tour. The folks in the office were not familiar and did not listen to what I want to do (which was what was advertised).

Apparently they are a family owned company...and had some new girls in the office.

I don't cruise for several months. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Linda

I tried to pre-book with them. They are not helpful and I will make sure everyone knows this.

I used Barcelona Day Tours in 2010 for our family of four and was extremely satisfied. Communication via email was always excellent.

We were picked up at the pier after our cruise disembarkation and did a four hour tour with a wonderful gentleman who was our driver/guide. He was a native of Barcelona yet he spoke English very well. Since it was a Sunday morning and there was little traffic in the city - we were able to get around to all the city highlights. Our driver even located an open pharmacy for us since my daughter got off the ship with a terrible cold and cough. He came in with me to translate and I felt confident I was purchasing the correct meds.

We were so happy with his service, that we arranged for him to drive us to the airport very early the next morning. It cost a little more than taking a cab, but not ridiculously so because we were four people with 6 or 7 pieces of luggage.

I don't understand the previous poster's complaint. I would definitely recommend using Barcelona Day Tours.

We used BDT last March for a group of four. They picked us up when the Jade docked at 8:30am took us for a tour of the city (left the baggage in the vehicle) that was extensive. We saw the main sites of the city, however did not have time to go inside Sagrada Familia. so we went back to go inside. Do go inside, it is well worth the time.

Then he took us to our hotels (we were in separate hotels).

Armando was our guide and he was excellent. I don't remember the exact price, but I think we paid about 62 Euros each.

• 1 month later...

I have booked Barcelona Day Tours for a 4-hour city tour, as well as all of our transfers, for an upcoming cruise in June 2012.

So far, I have been impressed with their communication. They have answered all emails promptly and courteously. I will be sure to post a review of our tour and transfers when we return! :)

I have booked Barcelona Day Tours for a 4-hour city tour, as well as all of our transfers, for an upcoming cruise in June 2012.

So far, I have been impressed with their communication. They have answered all emails promptly and courteously. I will be sure to post a review of our tour and transfers when we return! :)

I just did the same booking for our Sept Cruise. E-mails have been quick and courteous.

We have booked two private tours with them for June - one is the 1/2 day general tour which I believe is 69 euros pp (there are 4 of us) - we also booked a walking tour of Gothic section. They have been very responsive with their emails.

Hiya

Would any of you booking the 4-hour city tour, as well as transfers be able to advise how much is this costing per person and if there's a minimum number?

thanks

It will just be 2 of us and they quoted me 125 Euros per person for the airport pickup, 4 hr tour and drop off at hotel after tour.

Hope this helps

As I said - they were great to tour with and the email communication was very prompt and professional. You only pay 59 Euors if you are happy to share with others. :-)

Hi everyone,

I promised Helene I would tell others about our experience in Barcelona and I am happy to finally do it...

We did a pre-cruise city tour with Helene from teh airport for 4 hours and were dropped off at the pier to begin our cruise with Celebrity Solstice. We then did a tour to Montserrat with BDT at the end of the cruise before going back home.

Our tours with Barcelona Day Tours were the highlight of our cruise! I highly recommend them - they were very nice about answering all our questions before the tour, and it was comforting to see Helene waiting for us as we landed in Barcelona. The tour was great! We saw sagrada familia, and gaudi building, and the gaudi park, and the panoramic viewpoint. We were not tired because we had only a short flight to Barcelona and to finish the tour at the cruise pier was fantastic because we were ready in time for boarding (which was very smooth with Celebrity cruise!) and for the 4 of us the price was also great. Barcelona Day Tours offered to place us in a semi-private tour with others from teh Celebrity when we returned to Barcelona, and our tour to Montserrat with them again was just perfect. They were waiting for us with the names of our group and off we went to Montserrat. We had a beautiful day and the view was amazing. There was no problem with the drive up this mountain because our driver was good and the minibus was comfortable. We paid only 59 Euros and there was 8 of us in the group in total. There were 4 in our party and BDT teamed us up with another 4 persons. We were taken to the airport for the flight home and the others were taken to the hotel as they stayed in Barcelona.

I hopethis is a helpful review and I am happy to recommend these people. If you have questions you can as and they are good with answering. Thank you Sofia for your nice emails and for Helene and Anna! :-)

• 5 months later...
Well, there are 6 of us some maybe they knocked 10 euros pp off the going price. They are picking us up from the airport and starting the tour. We will be tired, but what a better place to be tired in.

When are you arriving in Barcelona? We get in on Oct.26 around 10am and want to do the 1/2 day tour from the airport or the hotel,preferably the airport. Our problam is they only want 4-12 people. If times are right would you mind adding 2 people to your group/

I contacted them for an airport/hotel transfer and they replied they were all booked for those dates and they told me to try a taxi that was cheaper. Then i asked at a later date if they had sightseeing tours in Barcelona and they promptly replied they did and were available. I take it that local transfers are not producing revenue so they steer away from those and concentrate on daily sightseeing tours that provides higher revenue. The question is this...they could told me that from the scratch and i would believe the idea with no problems and not tap dancing and tell me they were book out...sounds like a fake answer to me. Trust in a company is important to me.

We used them on 9/7/12 to take a full day tour of Barcelona and Montserrat for four people. We were on the Carnival Breeze and they picked us up at 8:30am. We had quite a bit of luggage and it fit nicely in the van. We toured parts of Barcelona (before it got too crowded). then went to Montserrat and then more touring of Barcelona and then they dropped us at our hotel. We really enjoyed the tour and our guide Nordine was good and flexible with what we wanted to do. We would definitely recommend them and use them again if ever in Barcelona again.

• 2 weeks later...
We used them on 9/7/12 to take a full day tour of Barcelona and Montserrat for four people. We were on the Carnival Breeze and they picked us up at 8:30am. We had quite a bit of luggage and it fit nicely in the van. We toured parts of Barcelona (before it got too crowded). then went to Montserrat and then more touring of Barcelona and then they dropped us at our hotel. We really enjoyed the tour and our guide Nordine was good and flexible with what we wanted to do. We would definitely recommend them and use them again if ever in Barcelona again.

Do you remember what they charged for this and how many people were in your group. This is what we would like to do next year and will have 6 with luggage (hopefully not too much of it :D).

When the 6 of us arrived in Barcelona last Oct for a 3 day pre cruise stay, Autos Vilar picked us up as well as provided our shuttle to the cruise terminal for 10 euros pp. The friday before our cruise, one of the ladies set up the tour to Montserrat with Barcelona Day Tours and highly recommend both of them.

Edited by Desert Cruizers