Concierge Class

Goldeneye

Depends on the cost. Many of the "perks" are not worth it if the price difference is too steep. We have always traveled in CC or Aqua class mainly for the extra CC points. You get a bottle of champaign, which we did not drink, canapés each night, which we requested a substitute cheese plate, flowers in your room, which we always brought our own aboard from the stops, a better shower and a few other minor perks. Again, it depends on the additional cost and your budget

Totally depends on the class of ship. We've done CC on Connie and Solstice. Did a regular 2A on Equinox for the transatlantic and friends said they wouldn't pay more for CC again on the S class. Cabins are the same size and the amenities are not worth it.

CC cabins on the M class are slightly bigger, but not by that much. So I agree with the other poster.....$$$$.

Aquaclass was totally worth the extra cost on Equinox for dining in Blu, access to Persian Gardens & Relaxation Lounge. The shower was awesome too. The other perks (which you also get in CC) are nice but only worth a small amount of extra $$. CC and above cabins are in better locations on the ship for the most part.

We initially booked an assigned inside cabin. About 3 weeks before sailing, I called my TA to check on prices, she found out they'd dropped, and I was able to trade my inside for a guaranteed outside (after first checking to make sure there were no "obstructed view" outside cabins). When we arrived, we found out that guaranteed outside was a CC balcony! Wow.

The perks were fun - a free bottle of champagne, choice of pillow, canapes (which always seemed to be delivered at nap time), plush robes, and priority embarkation/debarkation. For the price I paid, it was an awesome cabin.

We have enjoyed CC cabins on the Mille and the Connie. The ONLY way the CC cabin is worth the extra charge IMHO is if you are in one of the aft facing CC cabins with a huge balcony.

These aft facing CC cabins always are the first to be booked and with good reason. On deck 7 these cabins have balconies that are over 250 square feet in size. We usually try to book something like 7203 or 7206 on the same deck but there are others as well.

The aft facing CC cabins on deck 7 are alike and the balcony is divided into three parts. The first part (closest to cabin wall) has a hard ceiling from the deck above. Roughly the next third of the deck has a canvas cover which provides a nice shaded area. The last one third is open and provides a great view from the stern.

Let me give you some idea of the balcony's size. We had two padded fulsized chaise lounges, a full sized table, four chairs for the table plus two other chairs with a small circular table between them. All of this furniture occupied approximately 75% of that first one third of the balcony near the cabin wall.

There are some additional benefits to these balconies. First, when you have gotten enough sun you can simply pull your chair or lounge back into the shade. If a rian shower pops up you can still enjoy this deck from the 2/3's nearest the cabin. The deck is also private. It offers complete privacy when in the first 1/3 nearest the cabin wall. Don't misunderstand - I'm not implying that ANYONE would ever consider adult activities out on the deck but..... And finally these decks are shielded from the wind. They also made a great place to hang our SCUBA gear out to dry.

Hope this info is helpful. Havea great holiday.:)

I have always heard that the aft cabins have a lot of motion/sea sickness issues because you feel so much roll of the ship. True or Not?

Thanks

We have been in the aft facing CC cabins on four cruises and did not notice any extra motion. Neither of us is overly prone to seasickness although the War Department (a.k.a. Mrs. B.) has less tolerance.

How much motion extra or otherwise depends on the state of the seas and to what we are comparing these cabins. Obviously anything at the very bow or the stern of the vessel will move more pitchwise than something exactly at midship. Yaw and roll on these modern ships has been virtually eliminated by stabilizers.

We always cruise in the Caribbean where the seas tend to be rather mild. If one were crossing the North Atlantic in the middle of winter things might be diffferent.

The bottom line - in my opinion these cabins are no worse than any other as far as motion sickness goes.

Hope this is helpful info for you.:)

Worth is very subjective. I've met cruisers who think anything more than the lowest price inside is a waste of money and others who wouldn't think twice about a Royal Suite or Penthouse. All of us have different budgets and financial positions.

My advice when making these decisions: Consider your cruise budget. If the room upgrade won't make a big difference to your cruise activities or personal finances then go for it. But if spending more on a cabin would mean your need to spend less on ship board activities, bar bills, or shore activities, then stick with the lower priced room and spend the money on other things during your cruise.

Personally, we almost always take a CC due to the room location, size and minor amenities. The nicer linens and towels are good, although it's been a while since we've had a non-cc room to compare so they are hard to quantify. The canapes and champagne are not big deals for us, and the other items even less so. But the room location and size on the M-class ships make a difference to us. On the older C class and newer S class ships there isn't a difference in room size, but location sometime comes into play.

Like others have said, depends on cost difference and you're taste. Keep checking prices, as they change fairly often. I booked an aft CC cabin on the Summit for early Feb. At that time, it was only about $150 more than a 2A deluxe veranda. Now, the price has jumped up to where it would be almost $300more which wouldn't be worth it(to me).... also look for resident rates....Here's an example...Summit on 2/6/10 a CC goes for $1249pp now, a resident rate in a 2A(veranda) is $799pp!!!!!!

Thanks to all for your responses and advice.... I've just booked the Summit..... After 3 flights to the UK this fall due to hubbies father being sick and making sure programmes in place for his mother I decided we really have been spending a lot and rather than go with CC I could use the difference towards a few pre cruise nights and dinners with friends in a resort on San Juan..

(DH has no idea yet that I've booked this for his 50th!);)

Thanks again to all those who took the time to respond...

We just returned from an AQ on the Equinox; and, we were very happy with our choice, particularly access to the Blu which was outstanding. We were so impressed, that we booked the same cruise for April, 2011. We always book C-1 on the M class; and, I just checked and that class is sold out on the Constellation for Dec., 2010. Obviously, we are happy that we had ealier booked 6144, with the very large balcony. In order to obtain our desired selections, we book about 1 1/2 years in advance. As an example, our AA on the Ruby in March of 2010, is $1,500.00, more than we paid; and, there is only one left. Additionally, we booked a stern D-1, with the large balcony, on the Radiance out of Tampa for the seven night cruise; and, all of the D-1, large balconies were sold out within one day.

We have enjoyed CC cabins on the Mille and the Connie. The ONLY way the CC cabin is worth the extra charge IMHO is if you are in one of the aft facing CC cabins with a huge balcony.

These aft facing CC cabins always are the first to be booked and with good reason. On deck 7 these cabins have balconies that are over 250 square feet in size. We usually try to book something like 7203 or 7206 on the same deck but there are others as well.

The aft facing CC cabins on deck 7 are alike and the balcony is divided into three parts. The first part (closest to cabin wall) has a hard ceiling from the deck above. Roughly the next third of the deck has a canvas cover which provides a nice shaded area. The last one third is open and provides a great view from the stern.

Let me give you some idea of the balcony's size. We had two padded fulsized chaise lounges, a full sized table, four chairs for the table plus two other chairs with a small circular table between them. All of this furniture occupied approximately 75% of that first one third of the balcony near the cabin wall.

There are some additional benefits to these balconies. First, when you have gotten enough sun you can simply pull your chair or lounge back into the shade. If a rian shower pops up you can still enjoy this deck from the 2/3's nearest the cabin. The deck is also private. It offers complete privacy when in the first 1/3 nearest the cabin wall. Don't misunderstand - I'm not implying that ANYONE would ever consider adult activities out on the deck but..... And finally these decks are shielded from the wind. They also made a great place to hang our SCUBA gear out to dry.

Are you sure the balcony is 250 square feet that is bigger than the state room ??

I got my cc on the 1/16 Summit sailing for $799 pp and $350 3rd person in cabin.

Hi Robin, we have a nice roll call for this cruise if you want to come

over and say hello:)

We were in 7206 for our Panama cruise. Although the balcony was great, the heat was oppressive. Heading north through the Canal, the sun was directly behind us. The lack of a breeze was a negative. We would not book this location again on this route.

ConstellationPanamaDec2009007CC7206.jpg

Yes, this is very helpful info. Thank you. We have an Aft Milly for Alaska. Can't wait. I always wanted to try celebrity CC class and wouldn't have spent the extra on it except I really wanted that Aft balcony.

I have always heard that the aft cabins have a lot of motion/sea sickness issues because you feel so much roll of the ship. True or Not?

Thanks

Not true. No diffrent than the rest of the ship. We had Aft on Hal Noordam. DH does get sea sick and did a little on the way out of NY. But most of the ship had seasickness on that first day.

Archived