Question about Cat K Inside on Oosterdam

Helluvaengineer

Will be traveling on Oosterdam soon. Have been on inside cabins in Maasdam and they have plenty of room. The boards say Cat J and Cat K on Main Deck have LOTS of room. J's are all gone but a couple of K's left. They are aft and look like on the diagram they border next to some other unlabeled rooms. Would these be any type of crew cabins? Don't want to be somewhere where I hear traffic all the time in the wee hours as people are coming and going to work!

Has anyone stayed in the Cat K Oosterdam inside on Main deck ? Any issues??

But the deck plans definitely show several rooms that are "inside" rooms that have no labeling and are approximately the same size as the inside cabins around these Cat K's. These appear to be under the lower Vista Dining room. Would they be anything to do with the kitchen???

I've walked by some and they seem large. After a bad experience, I'd never book a cabin not knowing what's above and beside my cabin. There have been many complaints on CC regarding being near the room handling Room Service and R. S. dish returns, etc. It gets noisy.

But the deck plans definitely show several rooms that are "inside" rooms that have no labeling and are approximately the same size as the inside cabins around these Cat K's.
My guess is that they're cabins for lower-level officers, and possibly other employees like entertainers, shop staff, etc.

I was just in K1116 on Westerdam. Only inside on my end of the corridor, but there was a door to an inside corridor which held crew cabins. The 'square' K cabins are very large, much larger than rectangular cabins. I love being so far aft, and felt virtually no movement, even when others couldn't sleep due to rough seas. EM

Was it still pretty quiet? I know the crew have varied schedules and want to make sure I don't hear them coming and going at say 4:00am to make the doughnuts !

When you say "crew", was it ships officers or other crew?

Also, did you hear any noises from kitchen / dining room since these cabins are very close to the lower vista dining room?

Thanks in advance for your help !!

Was it still pretty quiet? I know the crew have varied schedules and want to make sure I don't hear them coming and going at say 4:00am to make the doughnuts !

When you say "crew", was it ships officers or other crew?

Also, did you hear any noises from kitchen / dining room since these cabins are very close to the lower vista dining room?

Thanks in advance for your help !!

I know the man who gavethe shopping talks lived back there...Most of the stewards, etc are housed on A deck, below Main. There was very little noise from above. EM

Essiesmom - thanks so much for the info on K1116. We will be staying in that cabin next month on Westerdam, and I hadn't found any info about it on the cabins thread. I just switched to it two weeks ago, was surprised it was still open because I had thought the larger insides were desirable. :confused: Then I started worrying something might be wrong with it! Was there any engine vibration? My TA tried to talk me out of switching, saying there would be a lot of engine noise, being so low and aft. Do you have any photos of the cabin? I'm looking forward to being in such a large room!

Essiesmom - thanks so much for the info on K1116. We will be staying in that cabin next month on Westerdam, and I hadn't found any info about it on the cabins thread. I just switched to it two weeks ago, was surprised it was still open because I had thought the larger insides were desirable. :confused: Then I started worrying something might be wrong with it! Was there any engine vibration? My TA tried to talk me out of switching, saying there would be a lot of engine noise, being so low and aft. Do you have any photos of the cabin? I'm looking forward to being in such a large room!

Sure do!

BG-52.jpgBG-55.jpg

BG-53.jpg

Archived