Seabourn Christmas/New Year's cruise-2010

Martita B.

Anyone booking or thinking of a Seabourn Christmas/New Year's cruise this year? I'm considering booking one of the ships for a holiday voyage. If you've not experienced a Christmas sailing on Seabourn you're in for a grrreat festive and fun time! I've sailed the Pride several times during Christmas and the ship was truly a fairyland ~~

Have a good/safe weekend:p

Martita B.

T&T

Welcome home! I know you had a marvelous and fantastic voyage on the Odyssey ~~I returned from our Spirit TA.......best ever!:p

On Monday I will again notify my server as to their blocking my

International e-mails ~~sorry.

Hoping to sail with you in 2010!:p

Hug's sent

MB

Hi Martita

We have booked on Legend for Xmas and are really looking forward to it.

I wished I had waited until I was on Oddesey in MAy to book and get the onboard discount,(I had used the last one for this cruise).I thought though I had better book quickly as specific grades may not be avaliable,flihts not avaliable etc.

I am sure we will get the pleasure of meeting you and some of the others at that time.

Have booked both the Christmas cruise and the 10 day cruise before that one, departing on December 13th. Now will start counting the days and yes, I know the itineraries are pretty similar and equally non-interesting. But luxuriating on the Legend is not!

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of booking the Sojourn Panama Canal holiday cruise for my GF and myself. We are in our early 40s and are cruise enthusiasts (me - 13 sailings; her - 6) but have yet to try a luxury line or such a small ship. (We sailed on HAL last Christmas and enjoyed it. While we have sailed on the bigger ships we are not into the party atmosphere.)

While I have sailed on the QM2 as a solo, and enjoyed getting dressed up every night, we both prefer a less-formal atmosphere.

For those of you who have sailed on Seabourn before, will we enjoy the Seabourn experience? Is there a "casual" dinner option, should we so choose?

Jeff

Of the SB cruises I've taken, the Christmas cruise was by far the most formal. You will have a more casual option, but two of the formal nights will be on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. I did not see anyone "dressed down" in the club or in the lounge for the Christmas program - everyone appeared dressed to the nines.

I agree with Johnny as to the holiday dress aboard Seabourn during Christmas ~~I've enjoyed the Dec. holidays several times aboard the Seabourn smaller ships and most of the Guests dress more formally for cocktails/dinner each evening ~~even the cute Stewardess's dress in their "after five dressy" uniforms. There will be at least 4 blacktie evenings for the 2 week sailing.

Being aboard during Christmas/New Year's is truly a magical experience ~a holiday fairyland!:p

Enjoy!

Martita B.

We just signed up for the Odyssey over the holidays. We will dress the way the ship wants. Formal on formal night no matter what the date of the calender says. This will be our second Seabourn and really looking forward to it. Loved it last year.

• 1 month later...

So excited that Eric will be back. He hasn't left Azamara, has he? Will love seeing you. Your reviews of the Christmas cruise made an additional reason for us to sign up!!! It will also be a "BIG" birthday for me!!! Can't wait to be back on Legenc!!

So excited that Eric will be back. He hasn't left Azamara, has he? Will love seeing you. Your reviews of the Christmas cruise made an additional reason for us to sign up!!! It will also be a "BIG" birthday for me!!! Can't wait to be back on Legenc!!

I believe the post regarding Eric being on board is an old one. It was posted before Eric resigned.

Host Dan

Anyone booking or thinking of a Seabourn Christmas/New Year's cruise this year? I'm considering booking one of the ships for a holiday voyage. If you've not experienced a Christmas sailing on Seabourn you're in for a grrreat festive and fun time! I've sailed the Pride several times during Christmas and the ship was truly a fairyland ~~

Have a good/safe weekend:p

Martita B.

We have booked, along with some friends, the Christmas/New Year's Sojourn Panama Canal cruise for this year. It will be our first time sailing Seabourn; in the past ten years or so, we have sailed only Silversea or Sea Dream Yacht Club. We have wanted to try Seabourn, but the itinerary and timing have never been right until now. From what I read on these boards, and from what I hear from passengers I have met on Silversea and Sea Dream, I am looking forward to an absolutely fabulous cruise.

But it seems like all of you posters are on the Legend. Anyone on Sojourn? I haven't seen a roll call.

• 2 weeks later...
Bumping this up for Nancy! After all, soon it will be Christmas in July!

Can't wait My folder is full of the ideas and suggestions and I am reading. Always like to do my homework ahead of time. My husband liked your suggestion of the Dover/Quebec trip 9/11. We might do that. It's a crossing with some places we have not been. Are you doing it?

Archived