Mixed Threads in a search ? about DOD

Cruisin Christi

I read that I can buy a DOD coupon at the start of my cruise...now I have searched all afternoon and read that Carnival no longer does this.

I am on the Ecstasy, can I buy the coupon that allows me one DOD per day for 20 something dollars? (26 I think)??

I am trying to budget this in so I can show DH that it won't effect his beer drinking spending.

I read that I can buy a DOD coupon at the start of my cruise...now I have searched all afternoon and read that Carnival no longer does this.

I am on the Ecstasy, can I buy the coupon that allows me one DOD per day for 20 something dollars? (26 I think)??

I am trying to budget this in so I can show DH that it won't effect his beer drinking spending.

I think you are refering to the DoD card they sold for a brief period on a trial basis.

It was discontinued.

I have not heard of it being tried again.

your DoD will cost 7.25 today.

I suggest you buy those 25.00 funship dollars once a month--to pay for those.

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=giftcertificates&pid=FSD

this will give you OBC and prepay for those drinks. This is better then the drink coupons

I think the drink coupons, include the tip, so its like a little bit of free money with each one?? thats how I read it anyway .. and sometimes, if its just a bar liquor like a margarita, they might take the coupon, but maybe not for a frozen drink. So, if you liked a mixed drink now and again, they could be a good deal. On the frozen ones, you can still use them, but they might charge you the difference .. but you are still ahead the 15% tip.

Someone can set me straight .. Iv never used them but have a friend who buys them

I think the drink coupons, include the tip, so its like a little bit of free money with each one?? thats how I read it anyway .. and sometimes, if its just a bar liquor like a margarita, they might take the coupon, but maybe not for a frozen drink. So, if you liked a mixed drink now and again, they could be a good deal. On the frozen ones, you can still use them, but they might charge you the difference .. but you are still ahead the 15% tip.

Someone can set me straight .. Iv never used them but have a friend who buys them

I know there is a lot of misinformation on these boards lately regarding the drink coupons.

there are 4 coupons-- good for a drink UP to 5.25 then you pay the rest of the difference.

Frozen drinks are 7.25 plus 15 % = over 8 bucks. -5.25 you then will be charged the difference 2,75 cents will be on your S&S card.

I will bet these drink coupons are a thing of the past as they are not worth the price any longer. (causes a person to do too much thinking while on vacation-- all the adding and substracting etc etc. (LOL)

I think you are refering to the DoD card they sold for a brief period on a trial basis.

It was discontinued.

I have not heard of it being tried again.

Drink of the Day card (aka DOD) is gone? In may 2010 we bought two of these as they are a good deal, are you sure they are gone now? They are different then the bar coupons.

Drink of the Day card (aka DOD) is gone? In may 2010 we bought two of these as they are a good deal, are you sure they are gone now? They are different then the bar coupons.

The DoD Cards I am talking about were good for (I think)5 DoD's the first one came in the

souvenir cup.

You could use that cup the next drink or day, or get it in a regular glass.

They were about $23/

It was a card and they would use a punch to mark it.

You could use it all at once or stretch it over the length of your cruise.

Not to be confused with the coupons are 4 coupons attached to each other on one sheet. (priced in a previous post)

Yup...Yup...thats what we got...the great thing was you aren't tied to the drink of that day, you could get one of the previous drinks of the day. Wife loved it, we also found that if we told the bartender along with a small gratuity 1 or 2 dollars, they would go easy on the ice or pour the drink in the fan tail cup for a little more of a drink. Amazing what a buck or two cash will do to your drink......

I know there is a lot of misinformation on these boards lately regarding the drink coupons.

there are 4 coupons-- good for a drink UP to 5.25 then you pay the rest of the difference.

Frozen drinks are 7.25 plus 15 % = over 8 bucks. -5.25 you then will be charged the difference 2,75 cents will be on your S&S card.

I will bet these drink coupons are a thing of the past as they are not worth the price any longer. (causes a person to do too much thinking while on vacation-- all the adding and substracting etc etc. (LOL)

These you can still buy from Bon Voyage, its the DOD card that they took away.. and these have a value on them now of $5.75, they went up.

.. and you dont always get charged the difference.

So, you get a drink worth at least $5.75 and the 15% tip isnt added on, so thats the bonus.

It was the DOD card I was referring to. I could just do the drink coupons but I don't know that I would want to keep up with them throughout my cruise. We are budgeting our drinking and the amount of $ we are allowing ourselves to spend on our cruise. He is going to be using a credit card(linked to the S&S) but we will keep an eye on our bar tab. It would be really easy for us to rack up $100 a day(and not even be drunk) by purchasing DOD's and buckets of beer. If you think about a mimosa in the am and a drink every hour thru the afternoon into evening. The prices of drinks blows my mind. I don't want to get wasted but even moderately drinking a drink an hour after 3 pm til say midnight adds up. I have done the math and there is really no way to really save for us. We are just saving up the amount we think we might drink and taking a little extra in case.

You can drink cheaper if you watch the specials. Drinks whats on special. Iv seen mimosas as cheap as $3.75 for an hour or so before we left a port, port speicals. Mornings they have mimi and biminis on special prices.

You can do mixed drinks as cheap as a bottle of beer.

You can drink cheaper if you watch the specials. Drinks whats on special. Iv seen mimosas as cheap as $3.75 for an hour or so before we left a port, port speicals. Mornings they have mimi and biminis on special prices.

You can do mixed drinks as cheap as a bottle of beer.

I am sure I will be watching for specials...the more money we save the better.

You can also order a bottle from Bon Voyage to be delivered to your room. Then you can mix your own drinks. Take a themos type cup with you from home, stock up on juice at the breakfast buffet, or bring your favorite soda. Nice way to have a drink in your room before dinner or before bed;)

Archived