Damaged luggage ** Success Stories?? **

gdaddy

Looking for recent Cruiser experiences on damaged luggage and dealing with Carnival. I've searched and read the cruisecritic archives. I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with Carnival's Guest Care Luggage Unit department in the past 6 months. Any success stories?

My wife's suitcase was dropped in the water at the Port of Galveston during the disembarkation process. It happened during the forklifting of the luggage cases from the ship to the port. Her bag fell off the suitcase cage and fell in the water and workers retrieved the suitcase from the water. Suitcase and contents were soaked. We think that the suitcase, dress shoes, and a few dry-clean only clothes are ruined. I plan on getting an assessment from a luggage repair company.

Initial contact with Luggage department indicated we would only get reimbursed $50 maximum. I didn't purchase the Travel Vacation Protection Plan.

I'm looking to hear from other cruisers who have had success with their damaged luggage claims.

Thank you.

two of the problems you are going to be dealing with is that a) you don't have insurance that cover luggage damage and b) carnival does not run the port facility, they use a company most likely called intercruise shore services

good luck with dealing with carnival

Archived