Inside distance of mini-suite Coral Princess

cr8tiv1

I called Princess and they were only able to tell me the width of the Mini-suites (a little shy of 9 feet). I am trying to find the measurement from the television wall to the opposite desk wall. If anyone has been in a Coral Princess Mini-Suite on the Dolphin Deck, I would appreciate a best guess on how far apart these indentations are.

Thank you,

Renee

I called Princess and they were only able to tell me the width of the Mini-suites (a little shy of 9 feet). I am trying to find the measurement from the television wall to the opposite desk wall. If anyone has been in a Coral Princess Mini-Suite on the Dolphin Deck, I would appreciate a best guess on how far apart these indentations are.

Thank you,

Renee

From memory, wider then a standard doorway. Maybe 4 feet or a touch more.

Yes, I found out the measurement from wall to wall (slightly less than 9 feet). I am trying to calculate the distance of the opening at the top/ceiling. This would be from the television shelf edge to the column by the desk. Looks somewhere between 4 - 6 feet. Need a better best guess estimate.

Renee

There's no column by the desk that I recall (maybe some cabins have one for structural reasons.. On our last cruise it was bed/desk/sofa... I didn't shoot the desk itself in these shots, but you can see the TV cabinet edge in both.

Panama2011Card6-21-L.jpg

Panama2011Card6-14-L.jpg

Yes, I found out the measurement from wall to wall (slightly less than 9 feet). I am trying to calculate the distance of the opening at the top/ceiling. This would be from the television shelf edge to the column by the desk. Looks somewhere between 4 - 6 feet. Need a better best guess estimate.

Renee

Yes, I found out the measurement from wall to wall (slightly less than 9 feet). I am trying to calculate the distance of the opening at the top/ceiling. This would be from the television shelf edge to the column by the desk. Looks somewhere between 4 - 6 feet. Need a better best guess estimate. Renee

Perhaps if you indicated the reason this space is important we can help guestimate whether it is or is not sufficient.

This is on another ship but is this the measurement you're looking for, i.e., the distance between the TV cabinet(s) and the sort of divider in the opening between the desk and the sitting area? If so, and you're planning to set up a curtain divider, I remember people saying it's very difficult. The Coral might be different but that's what I've read in the past.

minisuite.jpg

This is on another ship but is this the measurement you're looking for, i.e., the distance between the TV cabinet(s) and the sort of divider in the opening between the desk and the sitting area? If so, and you're planning to set up a curtain divider, I remember people saying it's very difficult. The Coral might be different but that's what I've read in the past.

minisuite.jpg

Absolutely. I was hoping to set up a curtain divider between the two spaces. I have not stayed in a mini before. It looked do-able...but you are the second person that says it will be difficult. I have a tension rod that extends to about 48 inches +/- 2. Wish they had considered this option when designing these suites.

Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Renee

Absolutely. I was hoping to set up a curtain divider between the two spaces. I have not stayed in a mini before. It looked do-able...but you are the second person that says it will be difficult. I have a tension rod that extends to about 48 inches +/- 2. Wish they had considered this option when designing these suites.

Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Renee

On the Coral the desk doesn't jut out like in the picture Pam put up. The desk stays flat against the wall so if you were going to put up a curtain, you'd have to go wall to wall on one side or the other of the tv cabinet. I think it would be really difficult. The walls are metal so you might be able to use heavy duty magnets if the ceiling is also metal.

This site will show pictures of the actual cabins: http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Members/decks.php?ship=Coral%20Princess

It's a couple dollars to join, but I use it all the time, so it was worth it for me.

One other thing I noticed when looking at some of the pictures is that the sprinkler is right in the center, so you'd have to avoid that area. I'm not sure if touching them or putting a magnet near them could set them off, but it might be really embarrassing to find out.

A suggestion would be to go to the Princess web site. On the first page click on "Learn about our cruises" in the top line. On the next page click on "ships". On that page click on "Coral Princess". On that page click on "deck plans". Go to Dolphin deck and click on your cabin. A box will come up that will allow you to see a 360 degree pan view of your cabin from which you should be able to get a pretty good idea of the dimensions of it. Others are correct, the Mini's on the Island and Coral are not quite as large as those on the Grand Class ships and therefore the desk is flush with the wall and not part of a column as are the Grand class mini"s.

Archived